Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was an old Oilers fan as my "mistress" team (Big Dead fan primarily because I grew up in MO) because of Earl Campbell, Dan Pastorini, Ken Burroughs, etc ...so when the Oilers announced their move to Tennessee (after I moved to Tennessee), along with the McNair, George, Hopkins, other) draft picks, I became the Titan fan that I remain today.

I am not the most up to speed about the issues between Houston and the Oilers about a new stadium, but I do know that the Astrodome was nearly 30 years old and was basically a concrete turf playing field back then. Not agreeing to build a new stadium was the Houston community's choice, not an indictment of the Oilers IMO.

Nissan Stadium was completed in 1999, and Nashville has approved a new stadium to be built in the next few years...team is staying in Nashville. You all should incorporate the Oilers lesson when the inevitable request from the Texans comes in the next few years IMO.

Oh it’s coming….. the Texans are complaining now.

It was a matter of time before we left Houston. Bud even talked to Jacksonville about moving there in the late 80's early 90's. Then had talks with Tennessee and Alabama about moving. Nashville won out.

Fright night at Astroworld, drag racing on Rankin road and cherry hill... Rites of passage from back in the day.

I don't recall the exact year or years, but, what horror movie icon was a 'special guest' of Fright Night at Astroworld? This would have been late 80s to very early 90s. No later than 92 in fact.

I don't recall the exact year or years, but, what horror movie icon was a 'special guest' of Fright Night at Astroworld? This would have been late 80s to very early 90s. No later than 92 in fact.
Don’t know that one but John Matuszak was Sloth in the Goonies. Former draft pick of the Oilers.

Accounts do vary. I've seen 25, 50, and 65 all reported.

I counted several times when I went to the Keep the Oilers in Houston rally, couldn't believe there was such little support. I counted several times, the "Support" was never higher than 27. There was no doubt after that showing that the Oilers would be leaving Houston sooner than later.

Yea… that didnt age well. We all have them if you are creepy enough and go back looking through peoples trash to find something to call them out about.

But you do you creeper!
Honestly, yours stuck out. I talk a lot of football and since we hired DR everyone seems to think we got it right. It's so close to universal that it stuck out (your sentiment that we'll "screw it up"). I didn't seek you out about the playoffs, I came to ask if you still felt that we'll screw it up. When I got here and saw the playoffs jewel, I couldn't resist the temptation to rib ya a bit. No hard feelings.

Yea… that didnt age well. We all have them if you are creepy enough and go back looking through peoples trash to find something to call them out about.

But you do you creeper!
For the record, you didn't cross my mind until someone on CBS mentioned the AFC South hierarchy this week and the Titans were at the bottom. I poured one out for you bro!

For the record, you didn't cross my mind until someone on CBS mentioned the AFC South hierarchy this week and the Titans were at the bottom. I poured one out for you bro!

Way to wait until after yesterday’s game to come talk drunken Texan fan smack. I’m so glad. Thank you. The Titans reside right where they belong. They earned it. It’s the difference between most Titan fans and Texan fans. We know who we are. We aren’t pretending. We aren’t playing dress up. We don’t still wait with baited breathe for every word that comes from media whore JJ Watts mouth.

Typical Texan fan. Running around as though you have won 10 Super Bowls. Chest all stuck out. It’s really funny watching you guys. I live in Houston so I get an up close look at Texan fan in the wild. Funny species. You act like somehow you are NFL Royalty despite having never made it past the 2nd round of the playoffs. You get good for a couple of seasons every few years or so and then implode. But boy while you’re good you sure let everyone know it. CJ Stroud is one of my favorite young players. I wanted the Titans to trade everything to get him. I think he is that good. Demeco is a great young coach. The players fight for him. That’s good. But your Houston. You are going to screw it up. You play on a cursed piece of land. You treated Bud Adams with disrespect and his curse lives on. Look at your history. Schaub, Kubiak, Billy, Deshaun… those were good teams that should have won more. You screwed it up.

Now.. you have a young exciting up and coming team with potentially dynamic QB who just got finished prison raping the Browns Quarterbacked by an old man who was on his coach 6 weeks ago. But you go Texan fan. Celebrate beating a team you were supposed to beat.

But here is your problem…. Now out of nowhere, things going good, you have a family fight. You have an ownership structure that’s in turmoil. Your team is run by the trophy wife of the fat drunken son of the luckiest owner (RIP) in NFL history. The family isn’t happy and will force a sale. Even if they don’t the Texans will be sold in the next 5 years. There is about to be a stadium fight. The Colts, Jags and yes even my Titans are all just a little work away from being very good. Enjoy your time at the top. It’s fleeting.

Please don’t ruin CJ. He could be good for a long long time.

Also… enjoy Baltimore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to wait until after yesterday’s game to come talk drunken Texan fan smack. I’m so glad. Thank you. The Titans reside right where they belong. They earned it. It’s the difference between most Titan fans and Texan fans. We know who we are. We aren’t pretending. We aren’t playing dress up. We don’t still wait with baited breathe for every word that comes from media whore JJ Watts mouth.

Typical Texan fan. Running around as though you have won 10 Super Bowls. Chest all stuck out. It’s really funny watching you guys. I live in Houston so I get an up close look at Texan fan in the wild. Funny species. You act like somehow you are NFL Royalty despite having never made it past the 2nd round of the playoffs. You get good for a couple of seasons every few years or so and then implode. But boy while you’re good you sure let everyone know it. CJ Stroud is one of my favorite young players. I wanted the Titans to trade everything to get him. I think he is that good. Demeco is a great young coach. The players fight for him. That’s good. But your Houston. You are going to screw it up. You play on a cursed piece of land. You treated Bud Adams with disrespect and his curse lives on. Look at your history. Schaub, Kubiak, Billy, Deshaun… those were good teams that should have won more. You screwed it up.

Now.. you have a young exciting up and coming team with potentially dynamic QB who just got finished prison raping the Browns Quarterbacked by an old man who was on his coach 6 weeks ago. But you go Texan fan. Celebrate beating a team you were supposed to beat.

But here is your problem…. Now out of nowhere, things going good, you have a family fight. You have an ownership structure that’s in turmoil. Your team is run by the trophy wife of the fat drunken son of the luckiest owner (RIP) in NFL history. The family isn’t happy and will force a sale. Even if they don’t the Texans will be sold in the next 5 years. There is about to be a stadium fight. The Colts, Jags and yes even my Titans are all just a little work away from being very good. Enjoy your time at the top. It’s fleeting.

Also… enjoy Baltimore.

BANG BISCUIT!

Also… enjoy Baltimore.
Baltimore might lay an egg after the bye week, who knows though.

Also… enjoy Baltimore.
This would have been smack off gold in 1997. But it's not 1997 anymore. You read too much into this. I heard about the Titans and how AAS is the next Tepper. I poured one out for you. That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back