Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texans trying to make a claim on the Oilers franchise uniform is exactly
As logical as trying to take the Chiefs name sake when they were the Texans or equally as logical as taking anything from any of the 31 other franchises.
Basically there is no logical connection. Or at least in the exact same way the Ravens have the Colts history (they don’t)

“going after colleges”?
You mean going after anyone that is illegally using the uniform and attempting to benefit financially off of it. The same any organization using it would have a cease and desist of usage.

And I guess it “backfired”. Lost in the second game this season using those uniforms. And it was an OT close game regardless how anyone watching knows how it went down.

now that I know Texans are so butt hurt about it (clearly haven’t made peace with it calling AAS a tool), Hope the titans wear them for every game against the cows.
Nah we ain't mad. Like I said we're over it. I've got great memories from luv ya blu days, Moon and Jefferies autographs. I got to play catch with Moon once for about 15 mins as a kid. AAS has nothing to do with that. The Adams clan stripped the team down and tried to hold us hostage. It didn't work. They left town. Do I want their history? Not really.

Honestly, nobody would have said anything until AAS decided to pull them out against us. What I don't understand is why Titans fans would want Houston history. It has to be kind of like house SO having a "Celebrating my ex" day.

To me it's just a good chance to poke fun at the AAS for a stunt gone bad.

Why did you houston folks kick the Oilers out ?
We didn't. They tried to hold us hostage. Long story short... we took the scoreboard out of the dome (8th wonder of the world) to make room for 10k seats in 88 or 89. We weren't done paying for that and Adams demanded money for a new stadium (started right after Buffalo iirc). We refused. He threatened to leave. Downhill from there.

We didn't. They tried to hold us hostage. Long story short... we took the scoreboard out of the dome (8th wonder of the world) to make room for 10k seats in 88 or 89. We weren't done paying for that and Adams demanded money for a new stadium (started right after Buffalo iirc). We refused. He threatened to leave. Downhill from there.
The astrodome was a pile of cow chips, didn’t give Bud a new stadium
But you built a new stadium for the Texans, brilliant!
Born and raised in Nashville, I grew up an oilers fan (my dad was in construction in Houston). When Tennessee Voted NFL yes, my dream came true.
:texansbs:

Nah we ain't mad. Like I said we're over it. I've got great memories from luv ya blu days, Moon and Jefferies autographs. I got to play catch with Moon once for about 15 mins as a kid. AAS has nothing to do with that. The Adams clan stripped the team down and tried to hold us hostage. It didn't work. They left town. Do I want their history? Not really.

Honestly, nobody would have said anything until AAS decided to pull them out against us. What I don't understand is why Titans fans would want Houston history. It has to be kind of like house SO having a "Celebrating my ex" day.

Y’all are over it, yet here you are whining about it. Calling it a stunt. Amy and the Titans are just doing what every other team in the NFL with a HISTORY is doing by wearing their throwbacks. I guess the Texans can have Bulls On Parade Day or maybe letterman jacket day or Cushing is pregnant day. Maybe you can celebrate your history by having a Sexual Assault Violence survivors day, the reason the Texans get Battle Red day is because you don’t have a history and don’t have throwbacks. You aren’t over it or it wouldn’t matter at all. You are full of shit.

Luv Ya Blue wasnt Moon and Jefferies. It was Bud and Earl and Dan.

Moon is in our Ring of Honor not the Texans.

The Dome was falling apart and Bud and the NFL just wanted a new stadium. The one Houston built 4 years later for the Texans. The Astros and Rockets were getting new stadiums, Bud wanted his. He was willing to share it. Put in his own money. It was personal between Bob Lanier and Bud Adams. They should have just built the stadium. Bud would have never left. Houston gave him no choice.

The Texans are a joke franchise and have a good young HC and great young QB but they will find a way to screw that up.

The Titans should be embarrassed by Sunday. They lost a game they shouldn’t have. But don’t go mistaking this last game as having historical significance. It may have been y’all’s Super Bowl, which is sad, but it was just another division game for us. We are made cause we lost to a division rival. Not because it’s y’all.

Neither the Texans nor the Titans are making the playoffs. So what difference does it make other than draft position.

Because Amy decided to wear Oilers unis while we're in town. Why would that cause any discussion? Is that really a mystery?

Hello TexanMike, I have, in the last few years, accumulated about 30 or so pictures from the Save The Oilers rally held on December 6, 1995. Can you tell me exactly what you were wearing so I can find you at the rally?

I was an old Oilers fan as my "mistress" team (Big Dead fan primarily because I grew up in MO) because of Earl Campbell, Dan Pastorini, Ken Burroughs, etc ...so when the Oilers announced their move to Tennessee (after I moved to Tennessee), along with the McNair, George, Hopkins, other) draft picks, I became the Titan fan that I remain today.

I am not the most up to speed about the issues between Houston and the Oilers about a new stadium, but I do know that the Astrodome was nearly 30 years old and was basically a concrete turf playing field back then. Not agreeing to build a new stadium was the Houston community's choice, not an indictment of the Oilers IMO.

Nissan Stadium was completed in 1999, and Nashville has approved a new stadium to be built in the next few years...team is staying in Nashville. You all should incorporate the Oilers lesson when the inevitable request from the Texans comes in the next few years IMO.

Hello TexanMike, I have, in the last few years, accumulated about 30 or so pictures from the Save The Oilers rally held on December 6, 1995. Can you tell me exactly what you were wearing so I can find you at the rally?
that is like 3 pictures of every one that attended

Y’all are over it, yet here you are whining about it. Calling it a stunt. Amy and the Titans are just doing what every other team in the NFL with a HISTORY is doing by wearing their throwbacks. I guess the Texans can have Bulls On Parade Day or maybe letterman jacket day or Cushing is pregnant day. Maybe you can celebrate your history by having a Sexual Assault Violence survivors day, the reason the Texans get Battle Red day is because you don’t have a history and don’t have throwbacks. You aren’t over it or it wouldn’t matter at all. You are full of ****.
Lets not start talking about dark history of the franchises. And to be clear, I'm not whining about it. Not once have I said I want the history back. I explained why people want the Oilers history. Like I said, if Amy didn't pull the little stunt, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Luv Ya Blue wasnt Moon and Jefferies. It was Bud and Earl and Dan.
Didn't say it was.
Moon is in our Ring of Honor not the Texans.

The Dome was falling apart and Bud and the NFL just wanted a new stadium. The one Houston built 4 years later for the Texans. The Astros and Rockets were getting new stadiums, Bud wanted his. He was willing to share it. Put in his own money.
We didn't agree to build the Toyota center until 2000 and the the juice box wasn't approved until like 96 or 97. The Oilers would have gotten theirs... But like I said, we've made our peace with it.

It was personal between Bob Lanier and Bud Adams. They should have just built the stadium. Bud would have never left. Houston gave him no choice.
He demanded it while we were coming out of a recession and still paying for renovation to the dome. If he'd have waited he'd have been fine. And yeah, Lanier and Adams didn't get along. Not sure that really affected much, it was highly unpopular in the city.

The Texans are a joke franchise and have a good young HC and great young QB but they will find a way to screw that up.
Dude, I already said I don't want your history. Wasting great QB/Coach (and RB) is kind of your thing.That is the history that you're embracing, not me. Now you know why I don't want it that badly.

The Titans should be embarrassed by Sunday. They lost a game they shouldn’t have. But don’t go mistaking this last game as having historical significance. It may have been y’all’s Super Bowl, which is sad, but it was just another division game for us. We are made cause we lost to a division rival. Not because it’s y’all.

Neither the Texans nor the Titans are making the playoffs. So what difference does it make other than draft position.
Our super bowl? nah. Like I said - if Amy hadn't have tried to rub it in, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Sadly, I was overseas in 95. Like a lot of people in the oil industry at the time. We did hold a rally in Switzerland. I might have pictures.

I haven't read this in many years but I remember it being eye-opening when I did. It goes into a lot of the 'behind the scenes' squabbles and motivations by the various involved parties. Ed Fowler, for context, was a writer/columnist/editorialist at the Houston Chronicle for many years.

Loser Takes All: Bud Adams, Bad Football, & Big Busines…
I've never seen this but it goes on the reading list. Reading about the deadball era right now, then I'll tackle this one.

I've never seen this but it goes on the reading list. Reading about the deadball era right now, then I'll tackle this one.

I've drank, quite a bit in fact, since I last read this book, but I remember that it was in this book that I learned that Bud was a tenant of the Astros and the Astrodomain. Bud gets ALL of the blame for the scoreboard going away, but the fact is that the Astros held all the cards. That scoreboard was gone b/c the ASTROS wanted the additional seating as well as Bud. Just like Drayton, during the Oilers ordeal, talked about how great the dome still was, immediately changed his tune once Bud was out of the picture. Houston got taken to the woodshed, no doubt. And THEN you guys went and lost my beloved Astroworld. What the frick man...??

I've drank, quite a bit in fact, since I last read this book, but I remember that it was in this book that I learned that Bud was a tenant of the Astros and the Astrodomain. Bud gets ALL of the blame for the scoreboard going away, but the fact is that the Astros held all the cards. That scoreboard was gone b/c the ASTROS wanted the additional seating as well as Bud. Just like Drayton, during the Oilers ordeal, talked about how great the dome still was, immediately changed his tune once Bud was out of the picture. Houston got taken to the woodshed, no doubt. And THEN you guys went and lost my beloved Astroworld. What the frick man...??
Fright night at Astroworld, drag racing on Rankin road and cherry hill... Rites of passage from back in the day.

You may speak for yourself, even though you brought it up about being a tool for wearing their own history, but many cows fans are not over it.
And also BS that nobody said anything before this week. This isn’t the first time the titans wore throwbacks. EVERY time it comes up for some cows fans.

As far as wanting the history, that’s my history. I’m one of many oilers fans that followed the team to Tennessee. Even enjoyed the 2 seasons as Tennessee Oilers. The lack of oil in TN also made a great line in Baseketball along with the lakers (moving where there are no lakes, and the Jazz moving to Utah where they don’t allow music).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back