Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than continuing to run Henry up the middle for minimum gain or a loss...it mentions Levis getting hurt which I assume he means we didn't adjust to max protect?
Probably.
Really more of a comment towards the incomplete article.
If your title is going to be “worst called offensive game ever” there should be some sort of comparison involved.
He never mentions previous Kelly games, often thought about bad OC and specific games with bad game plans.
It was a hurry up, put some garbage opinion (even if I mostly agree) “article” together to get some clicks.

Basically

Draft Overview
Skoronski spent his college years manning the quarterback’s blindside at tackle, but the body type and skill set are begging for a move to guard, where he can play his best football as a pro. He’s broad across his upper and lower body, but he has short arms. Skoronski plays with a deft blend of technique, feel and power as a run blocker and is capable of thriving in any run-blocking scheme. His lack of length can be a problem against stab-and-charge bull rushers and edge speed, but a move inside would mitigate those concerns. If Skoronski can get his protection anchor sorted out, he has the run-blocking talent to become an instant starter and a top-flight guard.
Mentions T-Rex arms.

I hate to correct, but they’ve been the #1 seed 3x, 2000, 2008, 2021
Lost to the Ratbirds twice and bengals.

despite the long gaps in between, I’ve gotten to the point of cautious as a #1 seed. 0-3 is just awful.
Oilers never reached #1 seed, only once reached #2 (and the bye) losing to KC in 93’.
Earlier in the thread I mentioned I've been following since 2003 (hence 20 years) so only 2x #1 seeds in my time. I have seen that Ratbird 2000 loss though and it looked rough!

Earlier in the thread I mentioned I've been following since 2003 (hence 20 years) so only 2x #1 seeds in my time. I have seen that Ratbird 2000 loss though and it looked rough!
Makes sense.
I happen to put a lot of effort into the history on a personal level and kind of assume others do (I know, assume)
It’s how I learned so much about the robbery in the 1979 AFCCG when Renfro’s go ahead TD was called out.
I was born in 83’.

that BS 2000 game still stings. 24-10 loss and only gave up 3 offensive points. The EG27 bobble that Lewis took as a handoff iced it and helped glorify a killer forever.

Looks like Amy got her wish to celebrate Oilers history. Blow a double digit lead to a back up QB. Yep, that's the full Oiler's experience.

So the stupid JJ watt and his brain damage have been making the rounds literally everywhere about trying to take “back” a uniform he never played in and wouldn’t play in now.

curious why stupid cows fans (that’s all Watt is now) don’t try to give KC Chiefs s**t for their namesake, formally the Dallas Texans.

I also submit they STFU until they at least try adopting the history of the first Houston Texans, an old World League Football team from 1974.
Maybe fight for the USFL Houston Gamblers uniforms.

Basically

Draft Overview
Skoronski spent his college years manning the quarterback’s blindside at tackle, but the body type and skill set are begging for a move to guard, where he can play his best football as a pro. He’s broad across his upper and lower body, but he has short arms. Skoronski plays with a deft blend of technique, feel and power as a run blocker and is capable of thriving in any run-blocking scheme. His lack of length can be a problem against stab-and-charge bull rushers and edge speed, but a move inside would mitigate those concerns. If Skoronski can get his protection anchor sorted out, he has the run-blocking talent to become an instant starter and a top-flight guard.
Mentions T-Rex arms.

They way I see it with Skoronski -- he can either be a good LT or a great guard. I will take the great guard.

So the stupid JJ watt and his brain damage have been making the rounds literally everywhere about trying to take “back” a uniform he never played in and wouldn’t play in now.

curious why stupid cows fans (that’s all Watt is now) don’t try to give KC Chiefs s**t for their namesake, formally the Dallas Texans.

I also submit they STFU until they at least try adopting the history of the first Houston Texans, an old World League Football team from 1974.
Maybe fight for the USFL Houston Gamblers uniforms.
Wow.

That's some anger.

I'll keep it simple. We don't want KC history because it didn't happen in Houston. The Gamblers are a different league and not really relevant. The only logical relationship is NFL football played in Houston. As miserable as they made us, we suffered them. For the most part we've made peace with it.

Then Amy decides she wants to be tool and rub our noses in it? Then they go after colleges for using the same colors?

Yeah, I'm more happy that it backfired on her than I am actually wanting things back.

The Oilers moved to TN before the Texans existed so why the fuck is this even a discussion

Uniforms and logos belong to the team, not the city

Wow.

That's some anger.

I'll keep it simple. We don't want KC history because it didn't happen in Houston. The Gamblers are a different league and not really relevant. The only logical relationship is NFL football played in Houston. As miserable as they made us, we suffered them. For the most part we've made peace with it.

Then Amy decides she wants to be tool and rub our noses in it? Then they go after colleges for using the same colors?

Yeah, I'm more happy that it backfired on her than I am actually wanting things back.
Texans trying to make a claim on the Oilers franchise uniform is exactly
As logical as trying to take the Chiefs name sake when they were the Texans or equally as logical as taking anything from any of the 31 other franchises.
Basically there is no logical connection. Or at least in the exact same way the Ravens have the Colts history (they don’t)

“going after colleges”?
You mean going after anyone that is illegally using the uniform and attempting to benefit financially off of it. The same any organization using it would have a cease and desist of usage.

And I guess it “backfired”. Lost in the second game this season using those uniforms. And it was an OT close game regardless how anyone watching knows how it went down.

now that I know Texans are so butt hurt about it (clearly haven’t made peace with it calling AAS a tool), Hope the titans wear them for every game against the cows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back