Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sold a bunch, bought a bunch. Still have a bunch. Probably around 5K, most of which are “named” guys, not many commons left.

If you asked me straight up who were on the 86’ Astros, I’d get a couple. Most of the names you mentioned are at least familiar even if I hadn’t thought of them for that roster.
I followed a lot of late 80’s early 90’s, the strike drove me away, McGwire/Maris brought me back, then the salary cap rigging of the league drove me away again around 2010-ish.
My favorite moment of the last 25 years is probably the Cueto game.
Glenn Davis! First baseman with absolute power! Top 3 but lost under an insane year… he was great but Andre Dawson had an unlikely year. Before the roids coming!

I have an incredible card collection from 85-92 with solid before then. My Nolan Ryan collection is superb! Gonna get the rookie before i die… but he is just a man, and i am too.

I started buying Transformers and GIJoe in the early 80s b/c A) I played with the toys and 2) because I had an older brother who started before me, and that eventually years later led to The Incredible Hulk, then Spider-man, then essentially everything else. Collected throughout the 90s and into the Oughts, until I bought my first house and quit cold-turkey. And never missed it oddly.
Have Optimus, Megatron (gun..all metal), Starscream + 2 jets, and Hound)- Bumblebee a bitch ol school.

Going through my oldies just scratching the surface, found some HOF plater Upper Deck chit- mint. Ain’t a damn thing worth nuttin less a dude hands ya bills. Very early chit

Have Optimus, Megatron (gun..all metal), Starscream + 2 jets, and Hound)- Bumblebee a ***** ol school.

ok, well oddly, this conversation has taken a direction that I did not anticipate, but, I will have you know, the one thing I DO still collect? Not cards, not comics, but yeah, toys. Actually, I consider myself less of a 'collector' and more of an 'enthusiast,' but I literally refer to my garage as 'the museum.' Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to share pics.

Super excited to see these cheeruns open my gift, and see the real heroes in their mind in real cards in their hands! I’ll be time traveling wid em! Very cool! My mother asked me to hold back- I did- most excellent cards, but i still have better. Gonna be real fun giving em choice cards going forward. Took me three hours going over history of the teams.

ok, well oddly, this conversation has taken a direction that I did not anticipate, but, I will have you know, the one thing I DO still collect? Not cards, not comics, but yeah, toys. Actually, I consider myself less of a 'collector' and more of an 'enthusiast,' but I literally refer to my garage as 'the museum.' Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to share pics.
I am your guy! My mother sold my Tony Hawk #1 at church for $20— would of hung it on my wall…

I have an incredible card collection from 85-92 with solid before then. My Nolan Ryan collection is superb! Gonna get the rookie before i die… but he is just a man, and i am too.
I have one too. It sucks because late 80's early 90's they mass produced so many cards it made there overall value not has high. You can still pull some gems to this day, you just got to be careful where you buy from because some of the packs and been opened and resealed.

I have one too. It sucks because late 80's early 90's they mass produced so many cards it made there overall value not has high. You can still pull some gems to this day, you just got to be careful where you buy from because some of the packs and been opened and resealed.
Didn’t know that was a concern. I guess it makes sense, but even some of the early 90’s had the shards of glass, I mean gum, in them.

The internet killed my generation card collection.. most valuable cards today are Score/Upper Deck. I have full sets from every card from 85 on up till 92. Nearly all from 83’. My Ryan collection is speechless… needing 68 and 70- along with Coke and cereal brands. It’s amazing and just for me. Has a chance in high school fir rookie, but $210 was too much then making $3.65 an hour. Better to spend on gas and ass back then. That Ryan rookie will be in possession before i die! It’s over $1800 now

That is super valuable today.
The gun Megatron for sure, they won’t recreate that one even knock offs.
Yes, rare- but not in box. Similar to my death star with trash compacter. Peeps wanting to buy want it wrapped and unopened. Been starting to bring em out as they really are relics!

You just feel bad for all the fans that keep believing each year will be different. I was one of the most die hard fans you could be. But man after so many decades is the same crap, you just learn to realize that this franchisees is cursed.
I have realised that too. Case in point the two times in 20 years as a fan where we have been the no.1 seed and then suffered immediate, excruciating losses at home in playoffs (still haven't got over that 2009 Ravens loss)

I have realised that too. Case in point the two times in 20 years as a fan where we have been the no.1 seed and then suffered immediate, excruciating losses at home in playoffs (still haven't got over that 2009 Ravens loss)
I hate to correct, but they’ve been the #1 seed 3x, 2000, 2008, 2021
Lost to the Ratbirds twice and bengals.

despite the long gaps in between, I’ve gotten to the point of cautious as a #1 seed. 0-3 is just awful.
Oilers never reached #1 seed, only once reached #2 (and the bye) losing to KC in 93’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back