Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so we pay out to get a backup QB and who else do we not sign? Brown, Henry, Tannehill? Good backup QBs aren't cheap. Keenan makes $6 mil a year.
And that $6 mil is due to lack of backup QBs all around. 32 teams fight for about 5 actual worthy backups.
I’m fine with woodside or kizer. Just about every team is in the same position with their own kizer/woodside.

until their kizer/woodside plays the Titans... then they become Gayton2.0

Peyton Manning's Sweet 16 Party Cameo

in case anyone forgot - LOL

18s05ob0vp2lbjpg.jpg

Gayton dancing with a 16 year old & cedric the entertainer checking her out - LOL

I have this weird feeling that if Tanny were to go down for the season that JROB would magically coax Brees or Rivers out of retirement to go for a ring with our superstar offensive weapons.

I have this weird feeling that if Tanny were to go down for the season that JROB would magically coax Brees or Rivers out of retirement to go for a ring with our superstar offensive weapons.

He keeps bringing back woodside every year..... He wants him to work out so badly, you just know it...

Good lord, how embarrassing would that be to whoever is our #2 if Tanny goes down and they just put Henry behind center haha.

Thats what they would do anyway. Wildcat is how we won games with Blaine Gabbert at QB, which is why I don’t stress about backup QB. Although I guess Kizer would be good for option plays.

Thats what they would do anyway. Wildcat is how we won games with Blaine Gabbert at QB, which is why I don’t stress about backup QB. Although I guess Kizer would be good for option plays.

Woodside is a better passer than Gabbert and what we didn't have when Gabbert replaced Mariota was Brown or Julio.

View attachment 18506

DeShone Kizer vs Logan Woodside

Which QB gives you the most comfort if they had to enter a game in a meaningful situation and/or (hopefully not) a longer-term bandaid if need be.

Kizer a 2nd round bust - made it one year in Cleveland before bouncing around ultimately to Tennessee; currently holding a 11-24 TD : INT rating (with 5 rushing TDs)

Woodside a career clip board holder and preseason passer - his next TD annnnd his next INT will both be his first.

The Titans organization have not invested heavily in the backup position since giving Tannehill the reigns ; so one of these two will hopefully step up to the challenge if need be. Certainly either will have the tools of a great offense around them to succeed.
Honestly if tanny was to go down for the season id be all for trading for mariota. Already familiar with the system and players and would be a great backup plan if tanny gets hurt before trade deadline

Did a bit of background on Kizer. He was compared to McNair in his NFL.com draft bio.

The kid is just 25 and has the physical traits NFL GMs love. If he's worked hard on the mental aspects of his game, he might have a shot.

Did a bit of background on Kizer. He was compared to McNair in his NFL.com draft bio.

The kid is just 25 and has the physical traits NFL GMs love. If he's worked hard on the mental aspects of his game, he might have a shot.
I’m thinking an OL and the lack of roster that accompanied his 0-16 season in general should allow him much more of a legit chance to showcase improvement.

Kizer is straight trash. Kinda like the programming of this website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back