Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what the data bares out. 99% of hospitalizations are unvaccinated

cases and hospitalizations are not the same thing

holy shit

if the shot worked, cases would go down proportionate to the # of people that took the shot

the reverse is happening, it doesn't work

any clown can go to the hospital, doesn't mean they need to

As stated above, the reason we are in the next surge is due to people who have been misinformed or politically are motivated not to take it even though their current and former political leaders have received it themselves.

So your reasoning is, even though more and more people take the shot, the sole reason why cases are going up is because the number of people that haven't taken the shot keeps shrinking

it's flawless logic

This is you: "10% of people took the shot and we have 1000 cases" -> "60% of people took the shot now we have 5000 cases.. the other 40% are responsible for the surge!!*!SFSDF!"

The same thing happened with the masks.. last year around May/June more and more people started wearing the mask, and cases still kept going up, the sheep all whined "it's the 10% of people who won't wear a mask that's causing the spike!!!" -- flawless

Last edited by a moderator:
When you’re finished fellating Joe Rogan, make sure you point out where Rand Paul read a 100,000+ word report and had an exchange with Dr. Fauci in about 7 minutes :biglaugh:

So I guess you know more than the scientist who was quoted as saying it was “gain of function research”.

I’m sorry your hero is a fraud.

So I guess you know more than the scientist who was quoted as saying it was “gain of function research”.

I’m sorry your hero is a fraud.

I just trust the scientists that said is isn’t gain of function because it already had gain of function instead of the senator who gets his arse kicked by his neighbor.

So your reasoning is, even though more and more people take the shot, the sole reason why cases are going up is because the number of people that haven't taken the shot keeps shrinking

it's flawless logic

This is you: "10% of people took the shot and we have 1000 cases" -> "60% of people took the shot now we have 5000 cases.. the other 40% are responsible for the surge!!*!SFSDF!"

The same thing happened with the masks.. last year around May/June more and more people started wearing the mask, and cases still kept going up, the sheep all whined "it's the 10% of people who won't wear a mask that's causing the spike!!!" -- flawless

As it’s resurging, it is the unvaccinated filling up hospitals. If you have a high percentage of unvaccinated as we do in TN, that is who will be spreading the virus the most and getting sick the most.

Just saying that the military does reimburse its members for harm

I get what you’re saying but I believe with the precedent set for vaccines and litigation over the last 120 years or so, and much of it with the military, it’s unlikely anything will come of it.

I just trust the scientists that said is isn’t gain of function because it already had gain of function instead of the senator who gets his arse kicked by his neighbor.

Usually when people have an intelligent argument they provide evidence to prove their point. You have done none of that this entire conversation.

Fauci has already been proven to be a liar. Can’t trust him.

Usually when people have an intelligent argument they provide evidence to prove their point. You have done none of that this entire conversation.

Fauci has already been proven to be a liar. Can’t trust him.

He lied? He lied to congress? Is that why he’s in prison?

He lied? He lied to congress? Is that why he’s in prison?

Oh yeah because there are definitely no guilty people walking free.

Go ahead and prove the report wrong. Saying “Fauci said so” is not evidence. Go ahead and show us where in the report it shows different.

And since you won’t/can’t do it - do us all favor and pull your head out and take some deep breath’s. Your brain does not perform well with no oxygen… you are a perfect example of that.

Go ahead and prove the report wrong. Saying “Fauci said so” is not evidence. Go ahead and show us where in the report it shows different.

And since you won’t/can’t do it - do us all favor and pull your head out and take some deep breath’s. Your brain does not perform well with no oxygen… you are a perfect example of that.

View attachment 18618

PolitiFact - Debating the origins of the COVID-19 virus: What we know, what we don’t know

However, some scientists told PolitiFact that the Wuhan lab did conduct gain-of-function research on bat viruses, some of which was funded by the Ecohealth Alliance grant.

MIT biologist Kevin Esvelt reviewed a paper that was published with financial assistance from the grant for PolitiFact in February. According to Esvelt, certain techniques that the researchers used seemed to meet the definition of gain-of-function research, but their work was not related to the virus that causes COVID-19. Esvelt told PolitiFact that "the work reported in this specific paper definitely did NOT lead to the creation of SARS-CoV-2," because the genetic sequences of the virus studied in the paper differ from that of the new coronavirus.

Ebright, the Rutgers biologist, also said that the work described in the paper met several definitions of gain-of-function research. "The work is far outside the bounds of normal biomedical research," he added.

On the other hand, Wertheim and Garry said they didn’t believe the paper referenced gain-of-function experiments. "Although this study uses recombinant RNA technology, I would not consider it a gain-of-function study," said Wertheim. The researchers "did not continue to let these viruses propagate in cell lines to adapt and enhance their pathogenicity or transmissibility."

It might seem strange that scientists could disagree over a question as seemingly clear-cut as whether or not a specific experiment involved gain-of-function research. However, the term "gain-of-function" refers to a wide variety of interventions, and the definition has shifted over time, making it easy for scientists to talk past one another.

I'm only quoting a small exceprt of the politfact article, but I'm no expert in what is termed "gain-of-function" and I thought the discussion was interesting, and provided some context to the argument Paul and Faucci were having. The article also links to the scientific paper that was discussed by Senator Paul and Dr. Faucci.

I think while Senator Paul referred to the paper generally, what he was actually quoting was the National Review article that quoted Dr. Ebright. I've linked the article below.

Gain of Function Research: Biosafety Expert Explains Why Anthony Fauci's NIH Testimony Was 'False' | National Review

Since you’re all about that “prove it” life now, how about you show us where Ron Paul’s semen read that report in that video you posted earlier :biglaugh:

PolitiFact - Debating the origins of the COVID-19 virus: What we know, what we don’t know

I'm only quoting a small exceprt of the politfact article, but I'm no expert in what is termed "gain-of-function" and I thought the discussion was interesting, and provided some context to the argument Paul and Faucci were having. The article also links to the scientific paper that was discussed by Senator Paul and Dr. Faucci.

I think while Senator Paul referred to the paper generally, what he was actually quoting was the National Review article that quoted Dr. Ebright. I've linked the article below.

Gain of Function Research: Biosafety Expert Explains Why Anthony Fauci's NIH Testimony Was 'False' | National Review

He was not quoting a Newsweek article. He asked the council to give a copy of the report to Dr. Fauci lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back