Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a fellow traveler too! So many peeps say I wasted my 2O’s… idiots
Ignorance is all. Once you get the chance to travel, you’re eyes open a little more and it’s something that I would never trade.

Another thing I’ve become abundantly clear on, Americans are easily the most ignorant country around the world. I think that’s a by-product of being the greatest country on Earth with literally unlimited opportunities.

I really only chimed back in to explain that not everyone who is against the current Covid situation thinks it didn’t exist, it’s a sham, or that we think Dr/nurses are lying.
I absolutely believe Covid is/has been real. I absolutely believe people have died from it.
I absolutely believe the numbers are inaccurate, however not because dr/nurses are lying.
I absolutely think the entire process of locking down everything has had a much more negative impact than positive.
I absolutely think we’re passed the worst of it and that all these mandates and lockdown efforts are unnecessary.

people are still going to get it and yes, some people are still going to die from it. Those numbers do not outweigh everything negative coming from the precautions being taken to attempt preventing those numbers. Illness is a part of life and always has been, Covid isn’t/never was anything new.
My man! Huge high five brother!

Hey, I’m not breaking your balls but just a little. It’s ok. Honestly I think real answers aren’t known. We need to let each other be within their own decisions at this point, and from our discussions, I believe you agree!
Haha, I don’t care bro. We’re all free to have different opinions and express em!

They’re are existing reports of deaths counted as Covid but weren’t actually a death caused by Covid.

Show me concrete proof this has happened in any substantial way and I’ll believe you. Until then it’s just a conspiracy bolstered by YouTube quacks who profit off likes the same exact way people kicking their friends in the nuts profit on YouTube. I have seen ZERO hard evidence that numbers have been inflated and the vast majority of doctors and scientists think numbers are even higher than what is reported.

Like I said, if you have real hard proof that numbers are being inflated, I’d love to see it.

That’s awesome. I’ve gotten lucky enough to see a handful of countries around the world, well short of 46, but in general more people need to see the world including lesser off areas to truly appreciate the greatest country on Earth, the US.
Nice! Fully agree you gotta get out there to see all the blessings Americans take for granted :)

I really only chimed back in to explain that not everyone who is against the current Covid situation thinks it didn’t exist, it’s a sham, or that we think Dr/nurses are lying.
I absolutely believe Covid is/has been real. I absolutely believe people have died from it.
I absolutely believe the numbers are inaccurate, however not because dr/nurses are lying.
I absolutely think the entire process of locking down everything has had a much more negative impact than positive.
I absolutely think we’re passed the worst of it and that all these mandates and lockdown efforts are unnecessary.

people are still going to get it and yes, some people are still going to die from it. Those numbers do not outweigh everything negative coming from the precautions being taken to attempt preventing those numbers. Illness is a part of life and always has been, Covid isn’t/never was anything new.
I get what you’re saying, but again, saying you believe the numbers are inaccurate without any proof to support that falls in the “hunch” category. I got lots of hunches (bunches of hunches?) but I don’t make potentially life or death medical decisions based on them and I try not to persuade others that they are facts. But c’est la vie
Locking down at the beginning made sense to me. We had no idea what this thing was, no idea how to fight it and our hospitals were immediately overflowing. After that initial wave lockdowns didn’t make sense and I can’t see them coming back unless something crazy happens (knock on wood). The lockdowns SUCKED! Mandates SUCK! But so do global pandemics and losing so many family and loved ones. This whole thing has been a nightmare, and I really wish it had never been so politicized. I also pray omicron is something we can just live with.

Sidenote: I’ve been living in Mexico the past 5 months and where I live everyone wears masks and they do temp checks and 89% of the people are vaccinated and there have been 5-10 cases a day in the entire state. Empty hospitals. I find it hard to believe that the masks and vaccination rate have nothing to do with that as the US is currently averaging nearly 200,000 cases a day. But that’s essentially anecdotal evidence of course.

Ignorance is all. Once you get the chance to travel, you’re eyes open a little more and it’s something that I would never trade.

Another thing I’ve become abundantly clear on, Americans are easily the most ignorant country around the world. I think that’s a by-product of being the greatest country on Earth with literally unlimited opportunities.
Absofukinlutely

Sidenote: I’ve been living in Mexico the past 5 months and where I live everyone wears masks and they do temp checks and 89% of the people are vaccinated and there have been 5-10 cases a day in the entire state. Empty hospitals. I find it hard to believe that the masks and vaccination rate have nothing to do with that as the US is currently averaging nearly 200,000 cases a day. But that’s essentially anecdotal evidence of course.

What part of Mexico are you living.

I get what you’re saying, but again, saying you believe the numbers are inaccurate without any proof to support that falls in the “hunch” category. I got lots of hunches (bunches of hunches?) but I don’t make potentially life or death medical decisions based on them and I try not to persuade others that they are facts. But c’est la vie
Locking down at the beginning made sense to me. We had no idea what this thing was, no idea how to fight it and our hospitals were immediately overflowing. After that initial wave lockdowns didn’t make sense and I can’t see them coming back unless something crazy happens (knock on wood). The lockdowns SUCKED! Mandates SUCK! But so do global pandemics and losing so many family and loved ones. This whole thing has been a nightmare, and I really wish it had never been so politicized. I also pray omicron is something we can just live with.

Hahahhha Mexico :biglaugh:

David Oliver: Mistruths and misunderstandings about covid-19 death numbers

This article mentions a few details in what I’m referring to. While it has the intent to remind everyone the seriousness of COVID in general, the author addresses some of the concerns regarding reporting.
- 90% of deaths counted among COVID, had block 1 (on the coroner’s form) listed with COVID. That is the main cause of death and/or largely contributing factor. Doesn’t really explain the additional 10%.
- COVID could still be added to death up to (and in some cases passed) 28 days after testing positive. Author also sites that 31% of hospital admissions are readmitted with 9% of those dying.
- author acknowledges the initial counts having accuracy issues (no specific numbers) because testing was limited as a whole and the PCR test having up to 29% false positives.

Fact check: 94% of individuals with additional causes of death still had COVID-19
This is an old article (sep 20) but does help explain where some of the mistrust comes from on the actual determining factor of death. Not disputing their false claim on 6% as COVID deaths, the number is clearly higher than that, so I agree with the intent of the article disputing that statements being shared as “false”.

The authors do mention the various subjectivity in determining the cause though. While they agree only 6% (at that time) had ONLY COVID listed as death cause, it covers the various other conditions that can play various amounts of impact with COVID on top of it.
I only think they bean counters should take a look at the average heart disease, diabetes, whatever else deaths, and at least put the numbers together that of those 800K, the likelihood is that Xx amount would have likely died (per averages) without COVID too. I see that as a little disingenuous to count them as COVID deaths.

We Could Be Vastly Overestimating the Death Rate for COVID-19 — Here's Why - Our World
Another old article but important regarding how the initial outbreak was being calculated which I believe strongly played into overreactions.
Bottom line, we know asymptomatic people weren’t necessarily tested, so never counted including people who may have called to say they had symptoms but followed dr discretion and just stayed home until better (example in article). Because these were not factored in, the mortality rate was likely pushed as much higher than actual.

Fact check: Changes to the counting of COVID-19 deaths in August reduced England’s death toll
Another article regarding how numbers were reported. England admitted that people died and were marked as a COVID death almost indefinitely after the positive test. This process was changed in Aug 21. Not a dishonest effort (I think) but protocol changed, still following the idea of a positive test w/in 28 days being marked a COVID death. While I say that still leads to additional inaccurate numbers, it more accurate than before, so dr/nurses were not lying, but numbers may have been inflated.

N.Y.C. Death Toll Soars Past 10,000 in Revised Virus Count (Published 2020)
While this doesn’t explain why they added 3700 deaths, it’s a completely subjective addition inconsistent with all locations and the reporting protocols. I’m no dr, I’m sure they can make a legit guess that someone may have died from COVID, but without a positive test, it legit isnt proved and people are making decisions that affect everyone off these numbers.

Haha, LiteSiteNews? Where do you even find these radical right wing propaganda sites? On social media?
Is everything that's against what YOU believe a right wing group lol wtf. FYI I'm not for either party D or R because it's really a Uni-party. I'm for the constitution and bill of rights fuck the government.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back