Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised we haven't looked at Todd Monken OC from the Ravens. Also OC for Georgia's two Natty's, so it's not like he needs a Lamar/Mobile QB to have an explosive offense.

Only HC coaching stint was a short one with Southern Miss where he inherited a terrible team and left it much improved. Then he had good offenses with the Bucs and Browns. Only knocks are his age and what appears to be lack of consistency with one team. That said, the turnover is due to his head coaches getting fired.

I'm not saying he's my top choice, but worth at least an interview. One of my concerns with someone like Slowik is, can he really command the attention and respect of grown adult millionaires? That's one area where Vrabel excelled. At 57, with 2 championship rings, a ton of experience, and at least one decent playoff run, that shouldn't be an issue for Monken. Imagine if Lamar wins the MVP and the Ravens win a SB. He would be a no brainer.

Another plus is he probably has great connections in both the NFL and College to fill his staff.

Todd Monken - Wikipedia
Head Coach Search: 5 Things to Know About Ravens OC Todd Monken

An interesting point on Bobby Slowik, is that his dad Bob has decent experience as a DC in the NFL. He was on the Cowboys' staff during their 92 Championship and ran some good defenses with Denver in the mid 2000s. He coached Champ Bailey.

I wouldn't bring him in as the DC but could be an "analyst" and/or help with fining the right staff.

An interesting point on Bobby Slowik, is that his dad Bob has decent experience as a DC in the NFL. He was on the Cowboys' staff during their 92 Championship and ran some good defenses with Denver in the mid 2000s. He coached Champ Bailey.

I wouldn't bring him in as the DC but could be an "analyst" and/or help with fining the right staff.
I think his dad is currently an OL coach. That would be great, with how the line has played the last few years.

Dan Graziano of ESPN predicting Titans will hire Aaron Glenn.
This is just a guy predicting what will happen. His "sources" are probably people in Glenn's camp hyping him up, trying to get him a HC job. He hasn't even interviewed yet, so how would he have information on how he's the likely candidate, when the Titans have half of their interviews left to conduct?

I think his dad is currently an OL coach. That would be great, with how the line has played the last few years.
you are thinking of callahan's dad, who is currently the browns OL coach (and likely wouldn't follow him to his next job since he's doing so well there)

slowik's dad is a LB coach in the canadian league

I'm surprised we haven't looked at Todd Monken OC from the Ravens. Also OC for Georgia's two Natty's, so it's not like he needs a Lamar/Mobile QB to have an explosive offense.

Only HC coaching stint was a short one with Southern Miss where he inherited a terrible team and left it much improved. Then he had good offenses with the Bucs and Browns. Only knocks are his age and what appears to be lack of consistency with one team. That said, the turnover is due to his head coaches getting fired.

I'm not saying he's my top choice, but worth at least an interview. One of my concerns with someone like Slowik is, can he really command the attention and respect of grown adult millionaires? That's one area where Vrabel excelled. At 57, with 2 championship rings, a ton of experience, and at least one decent playoff run, that shouldn't be an issue for Monken. Imagine if Lamar wins the MVP and the Ravens win a SB. He would be a no brainer.

Another plus is he probably has great connections in both the NFL and College to fill his staff.

Todd Monken - Wikipedia
Head Coach Search: 5 Things to Know About Ravens OC Todd Monken
There is a reason why a 57 year old OC has never had a HC job (outside of the one you mentioned). He’s a really good OC. Sometimes, that’s enough.

Check that talking heads mind.

Who did he say was better pre draft.. Bryce young or cj Stroud

If he said Bryce, he's just another fool.
Don't draft miget QBs period. Flutie, Vick, Brees, and Wilson are all outlier's. Also I'm talking modern era football, don't throw some bs 1950's QB at me.

I mean Mettenberger was prototype and he was pretty real not good at all

I liked him and wanted him to do well... just did not. Team overall sucked but Mettenberger did not help situation at all

Dan Graziano of ESPN predicting Titans will hire Aaron Glenn.

The Titans are casting a wide and diverse net, and this is one of the tougher ones to call at this point, but Glenn has appeal as a former player, as a part of what Dan Campbell has built in Detroit and as the coordinator who graded out the best of any on either side of the ball in a recent NFLPA poll of players. He will get a head coach job sooner rather than later, and he could be the guy the Titans pick to work with GM Ran Carthon on their rebuild."
-----

Seems like more of a throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks type of prediction. No actual reporting of news.

ESPN’s Dan Graziano reports that Bengals’ offensive coordinator Brian Callahan will get a second interview for the Tennessee Titans head coaching job.

There is a reason why a 57 year old OC has never had a HC job (outside of the one you mentioned). He’s a really good OC. Sometimes, that’s enough.
Maybe, but maybe not. It could just be lack of opportunity or proper marketing. We've all seen how the media can pick a candidate each off season and everyone seems to run with it, good or bad. Bruce Arians didn't get a HC job until he was like 60 and that was only because someone got cancer. Worked out pretty well for him.

I don't have time to look into it right now, but I'm sure there are examples of older first-time HCs having Success.

People on here also seem to hate the idea of "re-treads". Plus, for all the successful young McVay's, there have plenty of failed Josh McDaniel's. Why not take a shot at a guy with a ton of experience and hasn't failed as a HC yet? Again, at least wroth an interview and to keep a close eye the rest of these playoffs.

we havent even interviewed glenn yet so these early reports of him being most likely are strange
It’s clickbait. There is absolutely nothing to indicate we would take Glenn over someone like Slowik who Ran worked with for years. His article has Slowik not even getting a HC job lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back