Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the 2 biggest things to look in for these candidates are:

1. What is their network? Do they have a good base of people they can use to mentor them and build a staff (and replace that staff if they have success). Do they use that network effectively? Are they strong leaders?

2. What is their current philosphy/strategy and how effectively were they able to execute that strategy? How well did the players buy in? How did they handle adversity? (Injuries, adjustments by opponents etc,)

If that's the criteria, given what I cam find out about these guys (and that info is limited and should be taken with a grain of salt), Callahan would probably get top scores on those score sheets.

2nd tier would be Ben Johnson, Macdonald and Slowic. Probably in that order, and probably all good choices. They all seem very competent and capable and have clear signs of being good in at least 1 of the 2 categories mentioned.

All the other candidates seem to have some pretty big question marks in at least one of the categories. Doesn't mean they would fail, but you have to set some interview criteria otherwise you're just "going with your gut."

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange to me you do not do a zoom interview with Harbaugh and Belicheat

Yeah, both of those guys would probably jump to the top of the list if we were interviewing them. Would probably have to add a third criteria to weigh innovation and youth vs experience.

I mean Mettenberger was prototype and he was pretty real not good at all

I liked him and wanted him to do well... just did not. Team overall sucked but Mettenberger did not help situation at all

Mettenberger honestly probably could have outdueled Tannehill in 2019 with that offensive line and running game.......... he was just in the right place in the wrong time (titans roster 2014-2015)

really don't want Aaron Glenn to the be next HC we titans fans have had a belly full of DC now HC more 16-10 games more boring 3 and out offense more field goals more 500 mediocre football more scared to make a play on offense. This strategy has been titans for over 25 years and with the exception of a couple good years from amazing roster to mask vanilla dumbed down plays team wouldn't have come near a superbowl. Amy and ron- please don't screw this hire up again with an unproved DC as the next HC of the titans or i am done with this team.

really don't want Aaron Glenn to the be next HC we titans fans have had a belly full of DC now HC more 16-10 games more boring 3 and out offense more field goals more 500 mediocre football more scared to make a play on offense. This strategy has been titans for over 25 years and with the exception of a couple good years from amazing roster to mask vanilla dumbed down plays team wouldn't have come near a superbowl. Amy and ron- please don't screw this hire up again with an unproved DC as the next HC of the titans or i am done with this team.
I’ll make the optimistic comment although I also don’t want Glenn.

his Defense has been pretty not real good, so maybe he knows how to expose another D for our offense.
Best I got.

Yeah we'd take 10 steps back if Glenn was the hire. Loved him as a player and glad to see him have success in coaching, but he's at the bottom of my list to be HC for us.

We have a lot of competition this year as so many teams have a HC vacancy and it honestly wouldn't shock me if we made a head scratching decision at HC. Hopefully it doesn't dry out too fast so that we have to convince Vrabel his firing was an April Fools joke in that we really didn't fire him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back