Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any year before this year - I'd entertain it.

But I'm not accepting anymore Houston Texan or New England Patriot related coaches of any type, salary, or experience.....

this KYLE SHANAHAN TREE crap has to stop....... Look at the latest products of that tree --

LaFleur, inherited Aaron Rodgers, Dav Adams, and a top 10 defense - no where.

McVay - took him 5 whacks at a SB with Aaron Donald and the best defense in football for that 5 years -- and CIN lost that game as opposed to LAR winning it.

Mike McDaniel --- Don't get me started on Mr. Capri Pants.

There are a ton of wins between those coaches, both regular season and playoffs. The products of that tree are quite easily 3 of the top 6-7 HCs in the NFL right now. In fact, I would argue those coaches have been more impressive than Shanahan, considering Shananhan has had 3 seasons where his teams have been one of the worsts teams in the league.

The number of coaching candidates we have now is ridiculous and looks amateurish. They are all over the board now, just like our as yet unnamed vision for the future.

I am glad that they are interviewing basically everyone
An I understand not discussing vision until the “right” coach is hired
It could impact interview process

I am glad that they are interviewing basically everyone
An I understand not discussing vision until the “right” coach is hired
It could impact interview process
If they truly had a vision, they would have a narrower scope and not have 11 candidates. Not making that vision clear murks up the process. If a coach doesn’t agree with the vision you shouldn’t hire him. Keeping it a secret serves no one.

I disagree
If you put the vision out there some desperate candidate could just tell them what they wanna here
I like that they are exploring all coaching options
Just my opinion

I disagree
If you put the vision out there some desperate candidate could just tell them what they wanna here
I like that they are exploring all coaching options
Just my opinion
It’s cool. I disagree but the beauty of it is we get to and not resort to name calling. I am always open to other points of view.

It’s going to be a different offseason one way or another. Regardless who is selected as the next coach, prepare for the onslaught of bitter complaints…

Never understood why people think our job is so attractive due to getting a new stadium. I'd think that's the last thing a HC candidate would think about in making any decision.
totally disagree. stadium and "growing city" dont mean anything to a coach, imo

i would put... like 4 teams ahead of us.
(this is not in order, just a list of teams i think would be more appealing than us)

chargers - herbert, enough said. cap problems but we all know the cap is kind of a myth.
commanders - #1 in cap space, #2 overall pick, and weapons on offense. and what looks like a capable ownership group in place, finally
falcons - obvious talent on offense and the defense has pieces too. art totally crapped himself here because this was a good setup. qb needed but there are options.
seahawks - had a winning season last year and the guy that did it is still in the building to bounce ideas off of

move these 4 around in any order you choose.
i would say we are kind of a push with the raiders and panthers are clearly dead last

we don't have a whole lot to offer, we do have levis who MIGHT be good. but we really dont know. i dont think he's a detriment to a coach coming here but i dont think coaches are tripping over themselves to attach themselves to levis either. and the rest of the roster is like totally devoid of talent.

everytime i share this opinion with titans fans they get very upset so if anyone reads this and feels that way, google "ranking head coach openings" in google and read almost any article, they would generally agree with my sentiments.

I don't get it either

chargers - the cap is a myth, they can cut like 3 people and be back in space no problem.

they are absolutely going to get a qb. there are options this year or they can trade up easily. and they have tons of weapons.

i literally said he isn't a detriment. so idk wtf you are even talking about here

cool city... extremely subjective and there are plenty of "cool cities"
ownership spending money...
these 2 things mean nothing.

no income tax and cap space is true.
but the other teams that need a coach all have plenty of cap space to work with too (not you chargers)

you know what you totally ignored? THE ROSTER ISN'T ANY GOOD. do you think a coach assumes that will be turned around so easily in 1 year? does anyone here think it can be turned around in 1 year?

your opinion of us as a landing spot is clouded by your love for the team. which i understand.

I think the fanbase is very much overrating Levis' value, especially when most of these teams will be able to get capable QBs pretty easily.

Levi's ain't anything special until he proves otherwise

The cap space goes away fast when you realize the Titans have a crap ton of holes to fill. The secondary is a mess other than McCreary and maybe injury prone Hooker. Need an LT and C, at the very least on the OL. Depth there sucks too. No good ILB under contract. DL had holes. Only good WRs are old aśs Hopkins and maybe injury prone Burks. Probably should have a vet backup QB.

That cap money will disappear fast

I obviously misread about Levis. My apologies. But I think he is better than you think he is. 2nd best rookie QB this year and it isn’t close. The gap between him and CJ is huge but Houston had better weapons and better OLine play. CJ is legit.

Where are you getting all these capable QBs? Tell me the team that has won a SB or even advanced to the SB with capable QB play in recent history.

The teams picking ahead of Atlanta need QBs also. Chicago is the wild card. No one knows what the will do yet. It’s not fair to trivialize they will just trade up. If it were that easy it would happen more.

The city matters to peoples families. It’s a bigger deal than you think.

The Chargers CANNOT just cut 3 people and make cap room. They are $45 million OVER the cap. They have to clear $90 million just to basically break even. So you cut Mack, trade Bosa, cut Williams and other veteran players then what? Crap roster. Like I said. They are the Jags and have been for 2 decades. They can’t win with an expensive veteran roster. They are going to win gutting it?

The chargers have good players under contract, Titand have cap space

Brid in the hand is better than two in the bush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back