Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the wide net. Not all of these candidates will get jobs, so it opens up the door for additional staff, like when we hired Leflur as OC even after his HC interview. Expand your connections Ran/Amy.

Still not sure why we don't speak with the Ravens OC.

Apparently he doesn't like being in the spotlight, therefore he doesn't want to be a HC.

I like the wide net. Not all of these candidates will get jobs, so it opens up the door for additional staff, like when we hired Leflur as OC even after his HC interview. Expand your connections Ran/Amy.

Still not sure why we don't speak with the Ravens OC.
I could think of a couple reasons.
It’s possible the OC said no interviews til after playoffs. Haven’t seen if he did an interview anywhere else.

not that I’ve heard this happen often, but maybe just not interested in leaving and/or HC position.

AAS/ Ran see what he’s doing with Balt and has assumed the QB selection is either the success on its own or you require that type of QB for success. Levis is not, so pass.

just a couple possibilities, I don’t think we’ll ever know but with that wide net, I’m not too disappointed if 1 gets by without interview.

This seems like the first real HC search we’ve had in forever. I’m all for giving, whoever ends up getting the job, a fair shake

I could think of a couple reasons.
It’s possible the OC said no interviews til after playoffs. Haven’t seen if he did an interview anywhere else.

not that I’ve heard this happen often, but maybe just not interested in leaving and/or HC position.

AAS/ Ran see what he’s doing with Balt and has assumed the QB selection is either the success on its own or you require that type of QB for success. Levis is not, so pass.

just a couple possibilities, I don’t think we’ll ever know but with that wide net, I’m not too disappointed if 1 gets by without interview.
He's interviewed with the Charges already so he's open to being a HC. I also saw the Panthers were interested, but nothing on if he's interviewed there yet. To your point, at his age maybe he is more selective as to which opportunity/organization he's willing to work for. Who knows.

He won two Natty's at Georgia with a white, only semi-mobile, QB. So I don't think Lamar Jackson is the sole reason for his success.

Georgia put up 38.6 and 41.1 points per game in 21 and 22 while playing against some pretty good defenses.

The offense was Stetson Bennett, James Cook, Brock Bowers, Ladd McConkey, and a very underproductive Darnell Washington (I know for some reason people on here loved him in the draft). Not exactly a 2018 LSU, 2020-21 Bama, or 2021 OSU level roster. Not a single 1rnd pick and I think only Cook and Washington went in the first 4 rounds from that offense.

Now he has Jackson back in MVP form and turned that offense around with pretty much the same roster they already had. Worth at least a look, I would say.

Edit: Stetson Bennett was a walk-on that transferred to-and-from Jones College to get an opportunity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Callahan is my personal favorite, not that it means much since I am not a highly respected expert.
I am going to amend this... now that there is talk of Munchak, that opens the field back up for me. One of the reasons I like Callahan is Bill, not the only reason, I still like him, but he isnt necessarily my favorite now.

I’d like to have Munchak around if for no other reason than he helps evaluate OLine talent. That his name is coming up means the FO knows this.

Georgia put up 38.6 and 41.1 points per game in 21 and 22 while playing against some pretty good defenses.

The offense was Stetson Bennett, James Cook, Brock Bowers, Ladd McConkey, and a very underproductive Darnell Washington (I know for some reason people on here loved him in the draft). Not exactly a 2018 LSU, 2020-21 Bama, or 2021 OSU level roster. Not a single 1rnd pick and I think only Cook and Washington went in the first 4 rounds from that offense.

Now he has Jackson back in MVP form and turned that offense around with pretty much the same roster they already had. Worth at least a look, I would say.

Edit: Stetson Bennett was a walk-on that transferred to-and-from Jones College to get an opportunity.

Not that it's much , but my football friends and I have been talking about this (OC) , debating his college success vs his Ravens success and there are not many holes.
Definitely would like us to at least interview him

I’d like to have Munchak around if for no other reason than he helps evaluate OLine talent. That his name is coming up means the FO knows this.
Who's mentioning Munchak outside of this forum? Don't think I've seen anything yet.

I'm all for it him being the OL coach, but I think we might also all be fantasying about a past GF. There's probably a good reason why the Steelers parted ways with him and he hasn't been rehired.

Not that it's much , but my football friends and I have been talking about this (OC) , debating his college success vs his Ravens success and there are not many holes.
Definitely would like us to at least interview him
Exactly! His age is the only flag I guess. At first I was just simply saying that I found it odd we didn't at least attempt to interview him (as far as we know), but now that I've done a deeper dive, I think he might actually be my favorite candidate. Would still need to do some due-diligence to see how players and other coachers respond to him. Is he likeable? Can he command respect? but on paper, he might be my top choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back