Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the intent of the Rooney Rule and I agree with making it a fair hiring process. But on the flip side of it, how do these candidates feel they are being interviewed just to appease the rule?

I get why they have all these rules and according to rumors Tomlin at Pittsburgh is a great example of a coach that came in for the Rooney Rule and nailed his interview and ended up getting hired... but, on the other hand, people should be able to hire who they choose to hire.
Teams are still 100% free to hire whoever they want to hire. The Rooney rule just requires minority interviews. Since the Rooney rule was implemented, minority coaches have gone from 6% to 22%.

I understand the intent of the Rooney Rule and I agree with making it a fair hiring process. But on the flip side of it, how do these candidates feel they are being interviewed just to appease the rule?
Hey, an interview is an interview. If someone dazzles in an interview it can still help their career and create buzz.

NFL only considers blacks minority = fact

and nonsense only stupid people categorize folks by skin color. That is exactly how stupid racists think
Garbage, Ron Rivera qualified as a Rooney Rule interview in the Tomlin hire. But believe what you want.

I believe Chung

you call the man a liar
I never called him a liar, liar. But the fact that he never followed up on his claim and refused to elaborate or talk about it, even with the NFL, is suspicious to say the least. Like I said, we can all believe whatever we want to believe. You’re the one claiming we all need to assimilate to your “truth”. Move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back