Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
the people who cry "rooney rule!" every time a black person is interviewed are really revealing themselves

we've interviewed 3 minority candidates so far and there are 2 more still in line to be interviewed. clearly no one is getting interviewed just to satisfy that rule because only 2 minority candidates have to be interviewed to abide by it

the joke is tired, and racist. let it go.

Wonder if/how many HC interviewees decided Titans 'not the right fit" after the interview?
Not sure, a lot to like about the Titans with a top pick and loads of cash. Ran is supposedly a great guy too that coaches really like and respect. Nashville is a great city and Levis is a promising young QB.
i could however see some coaches not being in love with Levis and seeing there would be pressure to start him, even if they felt he didn’t fit their system.

the people who cry "rooney rule!" every time a black person is interviewed are really revealing themselves

we've interviewed 3 minority candidates so far and there are 2 more still in line to be interviewed. clearly no one is getting interviewed just to satisfy that rule because only 2 minority candidates have to be interviewed to abide by it

the joke is tired, and racist. let it go.
Seriously. Especially considering that the two coaches that have been hired so far in this cycle are minorities. :)

So Stillman made some really great points yesterday. He believes that the Titans made their decision Thursday night after interviewing Slowik, which is why they announced an interview with Shaw first thing Friday morning, so they could complete the Rooney rule requirements and hire their coach as soon as this weekend. Jared hypothesizes one of two scenarios. That Slowik was amazing in the interview and that Slowik is the guy Ran always wanted anyway, so they’ll hire him this week if he loses to the Ravens. The other scenario is that Slowik didn’t ace the interview, and at that point they knew Callahan was their guy. I highly recommend watching the first two segments as Jared breaks it down.

https://www.youtube.com/live/AXrFYlabi-o?si=Uyz3Ehdk4XfS0gOD
Didn’t Antonio Pierce, Aaron Glenn, and then Shaw all meet the Rooney rule? Seems Shaw was unnecessary.

It's totally understandable. But this year it just seems like the whole thing is all over the place. Maybe it's because we're part of the search too.
I think it’s the amount of teams and some of the names likes long time HC BB. Speculation about Dallas sort of added another one.

Let me be clear, I do support the Rooney Rule, I understand it's purpose and it seems to have had an impact. At the same time, if you are Atlanta and you really really want to hire Bill Belichick, going through the process is a waste of money and everyone's time.

I get why they have all these rules and according to rumors Tomlin at Pittsburgh is a great example of a coach that came in for the Rooney Rule and nailed his interview and ended up getting hired... but, on the other hand, people should be able to hire who they choose to hire.
It’s a stupid rule because it’s selectively racist.
Not that there are many, but does Ron Rivera meet a “minority” candidate? Any other Spanish, or Pacific Islander, or Asian, etc candidates meet the requirement?
And if they do, why are teams not forced to interview one of each?
Soon, add woman.

I think that ranking is pretty accurate except for the Panthers OC. You would think he would need to show more with Bryce Young to merit a top 5 spot on this list.
I think his pedigree is more about his time under McVay than his one season in Carolina.
That said, it’s hard to imagine the next HC being the OC of the lowest scoring team in the league.

To an extent. You know there's people out there that wouldn't hire you for a job because of your name, height, missing front tooth, color, weight, accent and the list goes on, right? The subject is way deeper than what meets the eye.
There are legal processes existing to sue any company for disregarding a candidate for almost any of those, it just has to be proven which I think would be difficult.

I think some professions do get somewhat of a pass, like hooters and weight. I don’t know the microscope of stripper hiring either, but I haven’t seen a lot of cases for fat overweight women sued for lack of job opportunity. We did witness Victoria’s Secret take a financial huge hit for complying.

Lets go interview 50 coaches!

This tells me they have zero coaches in mind for the job before firing Vrabel. After 3 or 4 interviews its just a waste of time and effort. Front office is lost in the sauce, but hope they can prove me wrong by picking the best for the job.

If we only interviewed 2 people
This forum would lose it dayum mind
It would be pure anarchy

they are doing a thorough search, I am pleased with that

I never called him a liar, liar. But the fact that he never followed up on his claim and refused to elaborate or talk about it, even with the NFL, is suspicious to say the least. Like I said, we can all believe whatever we want to believe. You’re the one claiming we all need to assimilate to your “truth”. Move on.
you called Chung a liar again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back