Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are all part of the Human Race, that is the only box to check.
If only that were how everyone saw it. My very good friend Tyrone was having a hard time getting job interviews last year, so he changed his name to Ty on his resume and immediately got called in for 4 interviews. Unfortunately, that is a reality in this world we live in.

Glenn and Pierce were virtual interviews, so they didn’t count towards the Rooney rule interview requirements.
Did not know that.
That sounds like one of the stupidest additions to the rule especially after they forced Covid rules.
So for example, werent all interviews in 2020 virtual? So no one met any Rooney rules.

Lets go interview 50 coaches!

This tells me they have zero coaches in mind for the job before firing Vrabel. After 3 or 4 interviews its just a waste of time and effort. Front office is lost in the sauce, but hope they can prove me wrong by picking the best for the job.
i think the issue is we are not an attractive landing spot so we have to cast a wide net in the *likely* scenario that our 1st/2nd/3rd choice doesn't want to come here

So in other words Vrabel wasn’t “highly respected” enough to even warrant a look for both NE and LV ;)
LV at a minimum had to interview per the Rooney rule, so why not bring in Vrabel if he is such a superstar head coach?

No, Las Vegas and New England did not have to interview per Rooney Rule.

You do know that Antonio Pierce and Jerod Mayo are black right? Per Rooney, if there is contract language giving the job to an assistant coach or the HC hire is a minority no other interviews are needed.

Just slow your roll. Don’t prematurely, well, …. You know. Vrabel has apparently interviewed with Seahawks, Falcons and Chargers. You will get your chance to keep talking about him with great anger because he won’t get all 3 jobs.

But you continue to oook foolish and quite frankly stupid acting as though he isn’t “ highly respected” with all the media surrounding his firing. But you continue to do you.

If only that were how everyone saw it. My very good friend Tyrone was having a hard time getting job interviews last year, so he changed his name to Ty on his resume and immediately got called in for 4 interviews. Unfortunately, that is a reality in this world we live in.
Tyrone should get some neck tattoos to go along with his other anti social behavior

No, Las Vegas and New England did not have to interview per Rooney Rule.

You do know that Antonio Pierce and Jerod Mayo are black right? Per Rooney, if there is contract language giving the job to an assistant coach or the HC hire is a minority no other interviews are needed.

Just slow your roll. Don’t prematurely, well, …. You know. Vrabel has apparently interviewed with Seahawks, Falcons and Chargers. You will get your chance to keep talking about him with great anger because he won’t get all 3 jobs.

But you continue to oook foolish and quite frankly stupid acting as though he isn’t “ highly respected” with all the media surrounding his firing. But you continue to do you.
racist nonsense is racist

By my count the Titans interviewed 5 black candidates.
I may have missed some in my short list but if I understand, only 1 is required to meet Rooney rule and Pierce was announced as first interview or close to it.
My comment was also in reference to Shaw getting an interview to meet Rooney rule even though Slowik is “already the selection” but Shaw is like the 15th HC interview and as you mentioned the 5th minority so the rule was already met, no need to add Shaw if that was the only purpose.

basically the idea that Slowik was already the choice can’t be accurate if more interviewees are getting announced. Might be front runner, but not selected yet.

I may have missed some in my short list but if I understand, only 1 is required to meet Rooney rule and Pierce was announced as first interview or close to it.
My comment was also in reference to Shaw getting an interview to meet Rooney rule even though Slowik is “already the selection” but Shaw is like the 15th HC interview and as you mentioned the 5th minority so the rule was already met, no need to add Shaw if that was the only purpose.

basically the idea that Slowik was already the choice can’t be accurate if more interviewees are getting announced. Might be front runner, but not selected yet.

Correct. It i think it’s 2 minorities now, including women.
I was just stating they have interviewed 5.

So the rule is that there have to be two in person interviews. The Aaron Glenn, Thomas Brown and Antonio Pierce interviews were virtual and don’t count. The Brian Johnson interview yesterday was in person, so the David Shaw interview today will complete the Rooney Rule requirements.
Slowik may be the choice, but they can’t interview him in person until 3 days after the Texans are eliminated, or the bye week between the AFC championship game and the Superbowl if they make it that far. If Callahan is the choice, the Titans can hire him 10 minutes after the Shaw interview.
If Slowik loses today, and we don’t hear Callahan was hired in the next 24 hours, my prediction is the hiring of Slowik will be announced on Wednesday. But of course, this is all speculation.

So the rule is that there have to be two in person interviews. The Aaron Glenn, Thomas Brown and Antonio Pierce interviews were virtual and don’t count. The Brian Johnson interview yesterday was in person, so the David Shaw interview today will complete the Rooney Rule requirements.
Slowik may be the choice, but they can’t interview him in person until 3 days after the Texans are eliminated, or the bye week between the AFC championship game and the Superbowl if they make it that far. If Callahan is the choice, the Titans can hire him 10 minutes after the Shaw interview.
If Slowik loses today, and we don’t hear Callahan was hired in the next 24 hours, my prediction is the hiring of Slowik will be announced on Wednesday. But of course, this is all speculation.
The rule makes less and less sense.
If a virtual doesn’t count (assuming no global plandemic) then they must be serious candidates.
If they’re serious candidates, what the F is the point of necessitating an in-person interview?
That’s also a nevermind to the clear, not serious in-person interviews that clearly happen.

The rule makes less and less sense.
If a virtual doesn’t count (assuming no global plandemic) then they must be serious candidates.
If they’re serious candidates, what the F is the point of necessitating an in-person interview?
That’s also a nevermind to the clear, not serious in-person interviews that clearly happen.
It kind of makes sense when you look at this Titans search. 11 interviews is a very wide net, and just because some were virtual, doesn’t mean they weren’t serious. I think the idea behind virtual interviews not counting towards the Rooney rule is to keep teams from literally “phoning it in”. Having that face to face time can be important.

Anyway, that’s my perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back