Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do these interviews even get arranged... agents?
I think so. Ran can be in contact with the agents of these coaches regardless. For all we know, Ran already has a deal negotiated with an agent for Callahan or Slowik and the hiring just can’t be announced yet.

It kind of makes sense when you look at this Titans search. 11 interviews is a very wide net, and just because some were virtual, doesn’t mean they weren’t serious. I think the idea behind virtual interviews not counting towards the Rooney rule is to keep teams from literally “phoning it in”. Having that face to face time can be important.

Anyway, that’s my perspective.
I agree with this part. I actually feel the opposite entirely on the sense that they must have been serious. Makes no sense to do a virtual, not serious, interview.

I’m glad to see the titans wide search. Very different from the previous searches I remember.

I also don’t think the NFL takes the “phoning it in” seriously, they just make a half-a$&ed attempt to LOOK like they care by forcing in-person.
Again, the Rooney rule is a joke and more racist than if they eliminated it.

It kind of makes sense when you look at this Titans search. 11 interviews is a very wide net, and just because some were virtual, doesn’t mean they weren’t serious. I think the idea behind virtual interviews not counting towards the Rooney rule is to keep teams from literally “phoning it in”. Having that face to face time can be important.

Anyway, that’s my perspective.
got to look them in the eye when pandering

Everytime I come here to see any coaching related news I have scroll like 5 pages to find it.

Can we talk about actual coaching news and not stuff like the Rooney rules or casting couches.

No, Las Vegas and New England did not have to interview per Rooney Rule.

You do know that Antonio Pierce and Jerod Mayo are black right? Per Rooney, if there is contract language giving the job to an assistant coach or the HC hire is a minority no other interviews are needed.

Just slow your roll. Don’t prematurely, well, …. You know. Vrabel has apparently interviewed with Seahawks, Falcons and Chargers. You will get your chance to keep talking about him with great anger because he won’t get all 3 jobs.

But you continue to oook foolish and quite frankly stupid acting as though he isn’t “ highly respected” with all the media surrounding his firing. But you continue to do you.
Oh I don’t deny that media thinks highly of Vrabel, but I think the NFL is more lukewarm on his coaching skills, especially around the xs and os.

And the same media is reporting that LV interviewed Leslie Frazier and Kris Richard to comply with the Roony rule. But I like your ability to be so sure about something you’re completely wrong about. Unless of course the media is wrong, but then they might also be wrong about Vrabel… oh what a conundrum…

NFL hiring rules prohibited owner Mark Davis from hiring Pierce outright. Davis had to interview at least two external minority and/or female candidates in person to satisfy the Rooney rule. He did that.
Raiders hire Antonio Pierce as their next head coach

Raiders’ search for head coach enters the interview phase

Wouldn’t it be interesting if Slowiks offense looks terrible today and Aaron Glenn’s defense is on fire tomorrow?
Both great candidates, I wonder if this weekends performances could affect the decision.

Oh I don’t deny that media thinks highly of Vrabel, but I think the NFL is more lukewarm on his coaching skills, especially around the xs and os.

And the same media is reporting that LV interviewed Leslie Frazier and Kris Richard to comply with the Roony rule. But I like your ability to be so sure about something you’re completely wrong about. Unless of course the media is wrong, but then they might also be wrong about Vrabel… oh what a conundrum…

Raiders hire Antonio Pierce as their next head coach

Raiders’ search for head coach enters the interview phase

Again…. Spin it however you want and lie about the position I took. It’s not on me. I stated I looked and found no interviews. I’m sorry I missed the short blurb about the 2 guys they interviewed, not one other team interviewed, only to comply with Rooney Rule, even though since they hired a black HC they didn’t have to. But good for you spending half your day looking for a way to try and prove me wrong only to fail.

It’s not just the media that respects Vrabel. It’s also former players. Teams are not going to comment publicly.

But I’m not wrong about the Rooney Rule or whether LV or NE had to interview. If they hire a minority they don’t have to do the other interviews.

We will see what happens with Vrabel. I don’t care. But you obviously do. That’s so sad for you.

Wouldn’t it be interesting if Slowiks offense looks terrible today and Aaron Glenn’s defense is on fire tomorrow?
Both great candidates, I wonder if this weekends performances could affect the decision.
I doubt it. Head coaches are hired more on philosophy, strategic planning (not to be confused with game planning and playcalling) and organizational abilities than pure team performance of their previous job.

Again…. Spin it however you want and lie about the position I took. It’s not on me. I stated I looked and found no interviews. I’m sorry I missed the short blurb about the 2 guys they interviewed, not one other team interviewed, only to comply with Rooney Rule, even though since they hired a black HC they didn’t have to. But good for you spending half your day looking for a way to try and prove me wrong only to fail.

It’s not just the media that respects Vrabel. It’s also former players. Teams are not going to comment publicly.

But I’m not wrong about the Rooney Rule or whether LV or NE had to interview. If they hire a minority they don’t have to do the other interviews.

We will see what happens with Vrabel. I don’t care. But you obviously do. That’s so sad for you.
Wow, you can’t even just admit that you’re wrong about how the Roony rule works.

In 2021, the NFL approved changes requiring every team to interview at least two external minority candidates for open head coaching positions and at least one external minority candidate for a coordinator job. Additionally, at least one minority and/or female candidate must be interviewed for senior level positions (e.g., club president and senior executives).
The Rooney Rule | NFL Football Operations

This is from the NFL Operations own website. Any HC hiring that isn’t a succession plan (like Mayo) has to conduct in-person interviews with 2 external minority candidates.

Interesting way to look at it. It's like the stock market lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back