Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Athletic’s Dianna Russini reports Bill Belichick is the Falcons’ “top candidate” to fill their head coaching vacancy.

I think we could have scratched him off anyways am I right?

Who's mentioning Munchak outside of this forum? Don't think I've seen anything yet.

I'm all for it him being the OL coach, but I think we might also all be fantasying about a past GF. There's probably a good reason why the Steelers parted ways with him and he hasn't been rehired.
doubt...

….. along with all the other Coaches who weren’t

They didn’t interview anyone else either.

Patriots and Raiders ported from within without interviewing a single candidate.

FYI.
So in other words Vrabel wasn’t “highly respected” enough to even warrant a look for both NE and LV ;)
LV at a minimum had to interview per the Rooney rule, so why not bring in Vrabel if he is such a superstar head coach?

Last edited by a moderator:
So Stillman made some really great points yesterday. He believes that the Titans made their decision Thursday night after interviewing Slowik, which is why they announced an interview with Shaw first thing Friday morning, so they could complete the Rooney rule requirements and hire their coach as soon as this weekend. Jared hypothesizes one of two scenarios. That Slowik was amazing in the interview and that Slowik is the guy Ran always wanted anyway, so they’ll hire him this week if he loses to the Ravens. The other scenario is that Slowik didn’t ace the interview, and at that point they knew Callahan was their guy. I highly recommend watching the first two segments as Jared breaks it down.

https://www.youtube.com/live/AXrFYlabi-o?si=Uyz3Ehdk4XfS0gOD

HC carousel seems so weird and dragged out this year. Feels like it's all over the place and just hard to keep up with. All these candidates interviewing for jobs knowing damn well they're not going to get it. It's like teams are just collecting info/data on the interviewers to keep in-house.

HC carousel seems so weird and dragged out this year. Feels like it's all over the place and just hard to keep up with. All these candidates interviewing for jobs knowing damn well they're not going to get it. It's like teams are just collecting info/data on the interviewers to keep in-house.
The NFL put in new rules each of the last 3 years INTENDED to drag out the process to better even the coach hiring playing field. It allows coaches in the playoffs to compete for jobs with coaches already finished with their seasons. And it allows teams in the playoffs who may want to make a coaching change access to candidates later. It’s really interesting.

The NFL put in new rules each of the last 3 years INTENDED to drag out the process to better even the coach hiring playing field. It allows coaches in the playoffs to compete for jobs with coaches already finished with their seasons. And it allows teams in the playoffs who may want to make a coaching change access to candidates later. It’s really interesting.

It's totally understandable. But this year it just seems like the whole thing is all over the place. Maybe it's because we're part of the search too.

I get why they have all these rules and according to rumors Tomlin at Pittsburgh is a great example of a coach that came in for the Rooney Rule and nailed his interview and ended up getting hired... but, on the other hand, people should be able to hire who they choose to hire.

I get why they have all these rules and according to rumors Tomlin at Pittsburgh is a great example of a coach that came in for the Rooney Rule and nailed his interview and ended up getting hired... but, on the other hand, people should be able to hire who they choose to hire.

To an extent. You know there's people out there that wouldn't hire you for a job because of your name, height, missing front tooth, color, weight, accent and the list goes on, right? The subject is way deeper than what meets the eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back