Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. Maybe had Vrabel had wanted out of his contract and then all of a sudden took the Pats job, but since he was relieved of his duties by us. Case closed.

Plus he was never tampered with. Him mingling with Kraft and the organization he use to play for at a HoF induction means nothing.

I think he absolutely was tampered with, but you'll never prove it.

But at this point, who the hell knows what Amy will do.

Hiring Brian Callahan would likely have the extra benefit of hiring his Dad away from Cleveland. Bill Callahan is regarded as one of the best OL coaches in the biz.

You guys think we're headed for a tampering charge fight?
No. I don’t think there’s nearly enough evidence to prove anything especially if NE was still uncertain of BB future.

side chance probably, but if Vrabel doesn’t go to NE, I would say that eliminates all chances of a tampering case.
I think literally everyone is expecting he’s goes to NE though.

Adding Slowik to the list :) Sweet.

Current list

Bengals OC Brian Callahan
Lions DC Aaron Glenn
Raiders interim HC Antonio Pierce
Cowboys DC Dan Quinn
Giants OC Mike Kafka
Ravens DC Mike Macdonald
Lions OC Ben Johnson
Texans OC Bobby Slowik

Because the Lions and Texans are playing in the Wildcard round, the Titans will be able to interview Johnson and Slowick between January 16th and 21st per NFL rules.

Adding Eagles OC Brian Johnson to the list

Bengals OC Brian Callahan
Lions DC Aaron Glenn
Raiders interim HC Antonio Pierce
Cowboys DC Dan Quinn
Giants OC Mike Kafka
Ravens DC Mike Macdonald
Lions OC Ben Johnson
Texans OC Bobby Slowik
Eagles OC Brian Johnson

Interesting seeing that everyone wants an OC as HC. What if the defensive guy brings in a brilliant young OC with a great passing attack plan and hands him the reins? And Carthon uses all that cap space to redo the oline and WR room accordingly. Screens to Spears. Let Levis sling it. Not sure I'd be opposed to that....

Interesting seeing that everyone wants an OC as HC. What if the defensive guy brings in a brilliant young OC with a great passing attack plan and hands him the reins? And Carthon uses all that cap space to redo the oline and WR room accordingly. Screens to Spears. Let Levis sling it. Not sure I'd be opposed to that....
No issue either way for HC. Recognizing what their expertise is and what is not, should be recipe for good coordinators and positional coaches.
We’ll all see soon enough. Even then, after the cheers and jeers for whoever is hired, got to see the product on the field.

Handing him the reins is my concern

Breaking news: Titans request to interview all the same people that every other team that needs a HC are requesting to interview.
What do people want to see? Do y’all want to see the titans going after a bunch of people that NO ONE else thinks is good enough to be a HC? No? So ok then, you’re gonna get a list of the same people other teams will be interviewing

Problem is that the brilliant OC gets hired away in that scenario.

Literally the situation we had with Vrabel and LeFluer.

What do people want to see? Do y’all want to see the titans going after a bunch of people that NO ONE else thinks is good enough to be a HC? No? So ok then, you’re gonna get a list of the same people other teams will be interviewing
I think that’s always a risk for a team that’s winning.
I certainly wouldn’t want Tennessee to hold back from hiring any positional guy for fear he’ll be poached the next year.

Then that brilliant young OC gets a HC job after the season?? Nope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back