Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, I wasn't trying to state that I think we should hire DC to be HC. I can just see that there may be some good combo of DC that brings a new OC that works really well. As much as I want a fun offense to watch, I also want whatever gets us wins and a chamionship.. Remember when we hired Vrabel and Lefleur... we got two of the top candidates at the time on the same staff. That was actually a pretty great job by AAS given what was known at the time. People were shocked abiut getting both of those guys to Tennessee.. I understand the concerns that the new OC may get poached. But there is no guarantee that happens again. It usually takes years for a guy to make that leap.

So....., OC to HC is probably good, but I think there are some other combos that may actually work well too. I just don't know enough about the candidates right now to say who I like.
I understand your point but it happend twice to Vravel he lost two OCs to head coaching jobs in 6 years.

I for once rather have the OC as head coach and never worry about that ever again.

I understand your point but it happend twice to Vravel he lost two OCs to head coaching jobs in 6 years.

I for once rather have the OC as head coach and never worry about that ever again.
Especially with Levis being a pretty raw prospect some continuity would be nice.

That would be nice. Or maybe anybody that turns the Titans into a great offense probably gets poached to a larger market HC job after his contract anyway. I don't know. Doesn't really matter I guess. Just will wait to see what happens.

It’s a no brainer that we hire an OC as the Head Coach. Ran knows it. Amy probably knows it too.
Adding Eagles OC Brian Johnson to the list

Bengals OC Brian Callahan
Lions DC Aaron Glenn
Raiders interim HC Antonio Pierce
Cowboys DC Dan Quinn
Giants OC Mike Kafka
Ravens DC Mike Macdonald
Lions OC Ben Johnson
Texans OC Bobby Slowik
Eagles OC Brian Johnson

Really happy with this list. It backs up Amy’s words that she’s trying to win a championship. We’re interviewing every top option on the market.

Chances are when you interview that many top targets you’re going to land one of them. They’re competing to coach for the franchise and it’s a good spot to be in. $85M I’m free agency, top 10 pick, promising young QB, and a new GM picking his guy. Excited to see the best man win

They’re competing to coach for the franchise and it’s a good spot to be in. $85M I’m free agency, top 10 pick, promising young QB, and a new GM picking his guy. Excited to see the best man win
And Nashville is a heck of a growing city and a new stadium is on the way. I’d rank the Titans as one of the top 3 most desirable openings.

And Nashville is a heck of a growing city and a new stadium is on the way. I’d rank the Titans as one of the top 3 most desirable openings.

Let's be real though.... the new stadium is catering to opposing team fan tourists that figure a trip to Nashville means a short weekend vacation to a major party and country city - capping it off with a trip to an NFL game -- where the cost may be cheaper than their actual team's home games....

That's who's going to fill the stadium -- the eagles, 49ers, chiefs, bills, cowboys fans.

Along with the prospect of NCAAB games, CFP Bowl games, Super Bowls, Wrestlemanias, etc. etc.

I've been browsing texans fan social accounts and message boards, and while some like him simply because CJ played well, many are hoping he gets poached by another team.

They had one of the worst run games in the league and yet slowick ran run-run-pass at the 2nd highest rate in the league (sounds titan-ish). They say he continually left it to CJ to make a play on 3rd and long.

They also directly credit his poor playcalling for the losses to the panthers and the jets.

Let's be real though.... the new stadium is catering to opposing team fan tourists that figure a trip to Nashville means a short weekend vacation to a major party and country city - capping it off with a trip to an NFL game -- where the cost may be cheaper than their actual team's home games....

That's who's going to fill the stadium -- the eagles, 49ers, chiefs, bills, cowboys fans.

Along with the prospect of NCAAB games, CFP Bowl games, Super Bowls, Wrestlemanias, etc. etc.

Never understood why people think our job is so attractive due to getting a new stadium. I'd think that's the last thing a HC candidate would think about in making any decision.

totally disagree. stadium and "growing city" dont mean anything to a coach, imo

i would put... like 4 teams ahead of us.
(this is not in order, just a list of teams i think would be more appealing than us)

chargers - herbert, enough said. cap problems but we all know the cap is kind of a myth.
commanders - #1 in cap space, #2 overall pick, and weapons on offense. and what looks like a capable ownership group in place, finally
falcons - obvious talent on offense and the defense has pieces too. art totally crapped himself here because this was a good setup. qb needed but there are options.
seahawks - had a winning season last year and the guy that did it is still in the building to bounce ideas off of

move these 4 around in any order you choose.
i would say we are kind of a push with the raiders and panthers are clearly dead last

we don't have a whole lot to offer, we do have levis who MIGHT be good. but we really dont know. i dont think he's a detriment to a coach coming here but i dont think coaches are tripping over themselves to attach themselves to levis either. and the rest of the roster is like totally devoid of talent.

everytime i share this opinion with titans fans they get very upset so if anyone reads this and feels that way, google "ranking head coach openings" in google and read almost any article, they would generally agree with my sentiments.

I've been browsing texans fan social accounts and message boards, and while some like him simply because CJ played well, many are hoping he gets poached by another team.

They had one of the worst run games in the league and yet slowick ran run-run-pass at the 2nd highest rate in the league (sounds titan-ish). They say he continually left it to CJ to make a play on 3rd and long.

They also directly credit his poor playcalling for the losses to the panthers and the jets.
Is part of the run failure due to Devin singletary?
Not sure what happened to Pierce but I’ve never seen singletary as a main RB despite titans making him look good.

Is part of the run failure due to Devin singletary?
Not sure what happened to Pierce but I’ve never seen singletary as a main RB despite titans making him look good.
pierce started the season but was trash and eventually they flipped to singletary. singletary was definitely better but their run game was still not very good.

I think that's well know strategy with rookie Qbs you run the ball to protect them.

Media has been so adamant titans made a mistake. let’s see them call out the evil empire for making a similar mistake, they could have had Vrabel unless they all just agree Mayo is better now.

Never understood why people think our job is so attractive due to getting a new stadium. I'd think that's the last thing a HC candidate would think about in making any decision.

totally disagree. stadium and "growing city" dont mean anything to a coach, imo

i would put... like 4 teams ahead of us.
(this is not in order, just a list of teams i think would be more appealing than us)

chargers - herbert, enough said. cap problems but we all know the cap is kind of a myth.
commanders - #1 in cap space, #2 overall pick, and weapons on offense. and what looks like a capable ownership group in place, finally
falcons - obvious talent on offense and the defense has pieces too. art totally crapped himself here because this was a good setup. qb needed but there are options.
seahawks - had a winning season last year and the guy that did it is still in the building to bounce ideas off of

move these 4 around in any order you choose.
i would say we are kind of a push with the raiders and panthers are clearly dead last

we don't have a whole lot to offer, we do have levis who MIGHT be good. but we really dont know. i dont think he's a detriment to a coach coming here but i dont think coaches are tripping over themselves to attach themselves to levis either. and the rest of the roster is like totally devoid of talent.

everytime i share this opinion with titans fans they get very upset so if anyone reads this and feels that way, google "ranking head coach openings" in google and read almost any article, they would generally agree with my sentiments.

The Cap isn’t a myth. It’s real and it matters.

The Chargers have been a better version of the Jags. Always the team that’s going to break out but never does. Also plays in KC division. Why would you go there. The roster will be gutted this off season and still have no money.

Atlanta ? Why? No QB, not gonna get one. Tannehill or someone like him will be their QB next season. Not a lot of cap space.

Why is Levis a detriment?

Reasons I think the Titans job is attractive:

Nashville is a cool city
Ownership spending money with new stadium coming
No state income tax
Lots of cap space in 2024 and $212 million in 2025.
AFC South Division and Titans not that far off.

The Titans are a good draft and free agency period away from being really good if Levis pans out. Without a QB. None of it matters. They can right the ship pretty quick.

I don’t disagree with your ranking assessment necessarily but think about these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back