Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cap isn’t a myth. It’s real and it matters.

The Chargers have been a better version of the Jags. Always the team that’s going to break out but never does. Also plays in KC division. Why would you go there. The roster will be gutted this off season and still have no money.
chargers - the cap is a myth, they can cut like 3 people and be back in space no problem.

Atlanta ? Why? No QB, not gonna get one. Tannehill or someone like him will be their QB next season. Not a lot of cap space.
they are absolutely going to get a qb. there are options this year or they can trade up easily. and they have tons of weapons.

Why is Levis a detriment?
i literally said he isn't a detriment. so idk wtf you are even talking about here

Reasons I think the Titans job is attractive:

Nashville is a cool city
Ownership spending money with new stadium coming
No state income tax
Lots of cap space in 2024 and $212 million in 2025.
AFC South Division and Titans not that far off.

The Titans are a good draft and free agency period away from being really good if Levis pans out. Without a QB. None of it matters. They can right the ship pretty quick.

I don’t disagree with your ranking assessment necessarily but think about these things.
cool city... extremely subjective and there are plenty of "cool cities"
ownership spending money...
these 2 things mean nothing.

no income tax and cap space is true.
but the other teams that need a coach all have plenty of cap space to work with too (not you chargers)

you know what you totally ignored? THE ROSTER ISN'T ANY GOOD. do you think a coach assumes that will be turned around so easily in 1 year? does anyone here think it can be turned around in 1 year?

your opinion of us as a landing spot is clouded by your love for the team. which i understand.

I think the fanbase is very much overrating Levis' value, especially when most of these teams will be able to get capable QBs pretty easily.

The Cap isn’t a myth. It’s real and it matters.

The Chargers have been a better version of the Jags. Always the team that’s going to break out but never does. Also plays in KC division. Why would you go there. The roster will be gutted this off season and still have no money.

Atlanta ? Why? No QB, not gonna get one. Tannehill or someone like him will be their QB next season. Not a lot of cap space.

Why is Levis a detriment?

Reasons I think the Titans job is attractive:

Nashville is a cool city
Ownership spending money with new stadium coming
No state income tax
Lots of cap space in 2024 and $212 million in 2025.
AFC South Division and Titans not that far off.

The Titans are a good draft and free agency period away from being really good if Levis pans out. Without a QB. None of it matters. They can right the ship pretty quick.

I don’t disagree with your ranking assessment necessarily but think about these things.
Never understood why anyone thinks they’ll pass on a job because another team in the division is good.
If that were actually true, that is the exact reason to never hire that b***ch of a coach.

chargers - the cap is a myth, they can cut like 3 people and be back in space no problem.

they are absolutely going to get a qb. there are options this year or they can trade up easily. and they have tons of weapons.

i literally said he isn't a detriment. so idk wtf you are even talking about here

but the other teams that need a coach all have plenty of cap space to work with too (not you chargers)

you know what you totally ignored? THE ROSTER ISN'T ANY GOOD. do you think a coach assumes that will be turned around so easily in 1 year? does anyone here think it can be turned around in 1 year?

your opinion of us as a landing spot is clouded by your love for the team. which i understand.
I do. Note the Houston Texans.

Not true and I would say can and expect are 2 very different things.
it CAN be done. likely it won't. rarely does. only worked for the texans because they had 2 very high picks at premier positions that paid dividends immediately.

by the same logic it could be done any of those other places too, though. we don't have some advantage that the others dont. most have capable cap space and we surely wont spend all of ours.

it CAN be done. likely it won't. rarely does. only worked for the texans because they had 2 very high picks at premier positions that paid dividends immediately.

by the same logic it could be done any of those other places too, though. we don't have some advantage that the others dont. most have capable cap space and we surely wont spend all of ours.
I agree for sure on the last part. I like having a salary cap availability to sign guys to fill the biggest holes but we all know that “offseason champ” is a title no team actually wants.

I would say Carolina is a mess despite their division, I don’t give them any shot at rebound next year.
Atlanta could very well improve by virtue of a weak division. Same thoughts for Tennessee. Reason to believe Houston actually improves is there, but people been saying the same thing about he Jags for 2 years.

the other factor was the AFC race. If this year was a potential for future years, it truly was a rat race. A handful of not particularly great teams beating up on each other, so Tennessee being a middle ground team even could have them in the mix.
Not suggesting a dominant SB favorite. Titans historically play bad as favorite anyway and play well as underdogs.

Never understood why anyone thinks they’ll pass on a job because another team in the division is good.
If that were actually true, that is the exact reason to never hire that b***ch of a coach.

I’m not saying they would ever say that up pubically. But knowing you face Mahomes 2 times a year gives one pause.

Ultimately there are only 32 of these jobs and I don’t think it’s fair to rank any of them better than the other really. Guaranteed money for x years. Take the job.

I think the fanbase is very much overrating Levis' value, especially when most of these teams will be able to get capable QBs pretty easily.

I obviously misread about Levis. My apologies. But I think he is better than you think he is. 2nd best rookie QB this year and it isn’t close. The gap between him and CJ is huge but Houston had better weapons and better OLine play. CJ is legit.

Where are you getting all these capable QBs? Tell me the team that has won a SB or even advanced to the SB with capable QB play in recent history.

The teams picking ahead of Atlanta need QBs also. Chicago is the wild card. No one knows what the will do yet. It’s not fair to trivialize they will just trade up. If it were that easy it would happen more.

The city matters to peoples families. It’s a bigger deal than you think.

The Chargers CANNOT just cut 3 people and make cap room. They are $45 million OVER the cap. They have to clear $90 million just to basically break even. So you cut Mack, trade Bosa, cut Williams and other veteran players then what? Crap roster. Like I said. They are the Jags and have been for 2 decades. They can’t win with an expensive veteran roster. They are going to win gutting it?

The Chargers CANNOT just cut 3 people and make cap room. They are $45 million OVER the cap.
chargers are actually currently over the cap by 35 million (maybe you were counting rookies? i dont know)

mike williams - saves 20 million
khalil mack - saves 23 million
joey bosa - saves 14 million
keenan allen - saves 23 million

would you look at that, you were right. they only need to cut 2.

and there are more options. these are just the most obvious ones that can do it in one big chunk.

also they could restructure any of these to make more room instead of cutting, if they so choose.

I like the Antonio Pierce story, but man would I be pissed if we were to make him our HC.

Just doesn't have the body of work to show he can lead a team throughout the whole season. Just not a fan of going from LB'S coach to HC, because you turn a bad Raiders team into a competitive team. Just doesn't come off as an X's and O's type HC.

However I do think his familiarity with the Raiders could put him on the right path but only with them.

In a absolutely not serious question (but also just kind of curious), what is Jeff Saturday up to? It was a silly hire by the Colts last year, but I do recall liking his speech.

I'd be curious to know what the player feedback was on him. If it's decent, it's very unlikely he'd be a worse coach than anyone we've had in the OL room. Slap on a "Assistant" to the HC title just for image.

On a serious note... bring Kevin Mawae in the OL room too.

I like the Antonio Pierce story, but man would I be pissed if we were to make him our HC.

Just doesn't have the body of work to show he can lead a team throughout the whole season. Just not a fan of going from LB'S coach to HC, because you turn a bad Raiders team into a competitive team. Just doesn't come off as an X's and O's type HC.

However I do think his familiarity with the Raiders could put him on the right path but only with them.
Didn’t you just describe Vrabel?
LB coach to 1 year as DC to HC.

Wouldn't mind giving Pierce a shot at DC if we hire a Slowik type. Great leader who may get a HC spot if he can run a decent defense for a year or two. That would net us a third round pick if he's hired from out staff.

It'd be similar to us hiring LeFluer with Vrabel execpt on defense.

Don't love Pierce as a HC due to his defensive background.

Only DC I'd be okay with is MacDonald, though he wouldn't be in my top 5.

chargers are actually currently over the cap by 35 million (maybe you were counting rookies? i dont know)

mike williams - saves 20 million
khalil mack - saves 23 million
joey bosa - saves 14 million
keenan allen - saves 23 million

would you look at that, you were right. they only need to cut 2.

and there are more options. these are just the most obvious ones that can do it in one big chunk.

also they could restructure any of these to make more room instead of cutting, if they so choose.

They cut 2 to get to even, but that’s not correct because you gave dead money to account for. Then they have to sign their draft class. Then they have contractual raises. They have to cut like $90 million to get under and have room to operate.

The Chargers are a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back