Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 21465

Whoever the next coach is ; will be someone young, inexperienced and under the control of the GM and Owner.

Definitely wont be a respected veteran - sounds like the next Hc will have little control.

If this is accurate Vrabel wanted one thing and the GM and owner another. Plus no roster control - no wonder Vrabel wanted out.
No wonder we wanted him out. He didn’t just have a big ego, he downright had delusions of grandeur. He is not Reid or Belichick but thinks he should have the same control.

No wonder we wanted him out. He didn’t just have a big ego, he downright had delusions of grandeur. He is not Reid or Belichick but thinks he should have the same control.

I’m not saying it’s not possible, in fact I’m inclined to believe it . But can we stop believing every “ report “ that comes out.

I’m not saying it’s not possible, in fact I’m inclined to believe it . But can we stop believing every “ report “ that comes out.
True, but I think this report is much more plausible than the “Amy got jealous that Vrabel laughed it up with Kraft” one.

Can't blame him wanting control. Last GM lost traded AJ for burks. Got the greatest 1st rd bum olineman sponge bob wilson. Signed Vic beastly, let Ben Jones go, malik Willis........ Could go on forever baby

Just because reports are posted doesn't mean we're believing them all...it's a message board, it's meant to open up discussion....but on here it opens up criticism of each other.

Can't blame him wanting control. Last GM lost traded AJ for burks. Got the greatest 1st rd bum olineman sponge bob wilson. Signed Vic beastly, let Ben Jones go, malik Willis........ Could go on forever baby
We can blame him for the 30 or so WRs that came through here during his 6 years and they couldnt develop any at all. Same can be said of the o-line. All the guys who came out to practice, ended up on practice squad or just cut, who excelled in college or they would not be given the opportunity, Vrabel and his staff of buttlickers couldnt develop 1 single player.... that tells you everything you need to know.

problem was never Vrabel but his staff of clowns
Exactly. And that’s a major flaw. A coach that can’t evaluate and hire a quality staff (and more importantly fire them when they don’t perform) is a big problem as we have all seen over the past couple years.

vrable responsible for 80% of 23 OL and 100% of toothpaste OL coach

Exactly. And that’s a major flaw. A coach that can’t evaluate and hire a quality staff (and more importantly fire them when they don’t perform) is a big problem as we have all seen over the past couple years.

Or he could evaluate staff and just hired guys that wouldn't get poached by another team. Continuity over quality.

AND if he can’t do that, then why would Amy let him have player control too. Dear God what would this team have looked like

Or he could evaluate staff and just hired guys that wouldn't get poached by another team. Continuity over quality.
This is such an impossible task.
You want him to evaluate talent for coaching positions to be good for the titans but not good enough to be poached?
What you’ve described is coaches from Colgate. Certainly not worried about anyone poaching that guy but if he’s any better, they get interviews for poaching.

This is such an impossible task.
You want him to evaluate talent for coaching positions to be good for the titans but not good enough to be poached?
What you’ve described is coaches from Colgate. Certainly not worried about anyone poaching that guy but if he’s any better, they get interviews for poaching.

No. Not saying that at all. Was offering a possible alternate explanation for why we didn't have good coordinators after Lefleur and Smith. Maybe they were gun shy about bringing in top candidates for fear of having to do it again next year.

Personally I think I would prefer we hire the best we can get even if we risk losing them to promotion. But I'm not going to beat my head against that wall on here any more.

No. Not saying that at all. Was offering a possible alternate explanation for why we didn't have good coordinators after Lefleur and Smith. Maybe they were gun shy about bringing in top candidates for fear of having to do it again next year.

Personally I think I would prefer we hire the best we can get even if we risk losing them to promotion. But I'm not going to beat my head against that wall on here any more.
I misunderstood then.
I fully agree, hire the best guys possible, poaching is just a risk that needs to be accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back