Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
B11 is the player most here are upset we traded away.
Fact is our offense did not justify paying a Wr over $20m/yr.
I was a B11 fan.
But I don’t think it was a bad business move with the way our team was built.
The wheezy draft pick on the other hand…….
Yep, for me I was fine with trading AJ. 25mil for him was just too much for Vrabel ball. The mess up was drafting Wheezy. If we had a 800-1000 yard receiver, no one would be complaining about AJ. Unfortunately we ended up with an oft injured 400 dropping down to under 300 yard receiver.

If I had to rank the head coach candidates the Titans are interviewing this is who I'd want in order.
  1. Ben Johnson - Can take Jerrod Goeff to elite QB...McVay couldn't even do that. He's the cream of the crop based on that and dude seems like he an intense work ethic to win! Possibly that may become a negative. Would be a big change for how well he talks to the media vs previous coaches we have had since Fisher.
  2. Mike McDonald - Elite Defense for last couple years. Has worked up through the ranks including a stint in college. Sounds like players love him. If we go defensive head coach this is the no brainer to me.
  3. Brian Callahan - Can he be Kyle Shannahan 2.0? Has had a great offense for Cincy and has NFL roots from his dad. He might be the best of the guys not being talked about as much.
  4. Bobby Slowick - intriguing but the guy looks like a 12 yr old kid and I don't how that will go commanding a room of 53. Can't deny what he has done with CJ Stroud and Shannahan coaching tree is a big plus. Would not hate the hire but there are thing that would make me nervous.
  5. Antonio Pierce - Former player that can relate to a team. Good turn around with Raiders post McDaniels.
  6. Aaron Glenn - Good but not great defensive results for the Lions. If we are going Defensive head coach again I'd rather have McDonald or Pierce.
  7. Brian Johnson - Eagles type offense would be intriguing but seems like the coaching staff has lost that team which doesn't bode well as a staff.
  8. Dan Quinn - I don't want a retread...he's had his shot
  9. Mike Kafka - why is he even being considered? I don't get it...

Last edited by a moderator:
I for one don't know any of this guys especially the personality.

I'm hoping for a analytical type coach I'm tired of all this hard nose Exotic Smash dash physical bs.

If I see another Graig Steven's type TE who ends with just 10 catches while playing 16 plus games I'm packing my bags and changing teams.

Fisher Malarkey and Vrabel LOVE blocking TEs.

I'm hoping we have the inside track with Ran as GM and their past working together.
We will need to add some playmakers though...Spears, Burks and Chig isn't enough
Agreed. I think the formula is OL round 1, WR round 2, another 2 OL and 1 WR in free agency. Only way you set Levis and the new coaching staff up for success.

fwiw, we do have Hopkins next season.

I'm hoping we have the inside track with Ran as GM and their past working together.
We will need to add some playmakers though...Spears, Burks and Chig isn't enough
What if we are only interviewing him to get inside his head? Then we’d understand his play calling and have a leg up against him when we play the Texans? :sarcasm:

Agreed. I think the formula is OL round 1, WR round 2, another 2 OL and 1 WR in free agency. Only way you set Levis and the new coaching staff up for success.

fwiw, we do have Hopkins next season.
Hopkins had a good year but I doubt he's here past 2024...we need WRs to learn from Hopkins and grow with Levis.

I hope the Titans hire a HC based on his ability to put a good staff together (both initially and when coaches get poached or don’t work out), manage those coaches effectively, and ability to discern between what actually works and what isn’t working. Basically, all the stuff the media and fans don’t know and can’t know. I don’t give a rip about what system they come from or whether they are an “offensive” or “defensive” minded coach. Good head coaches can succeed no matter what “system” is run.

I hope the Titans hire a HC based on his ability to put a good staff together (both initially and when coaches get poached or don’t work out), manage those coaches effectively, and ability to discern between what actually works and what isn’t working. Basically, all the stuff the media and fans don’t know and can’t know. I don’t give a rip about what system they come from or whether they are an “offensive” or “defensive” minded coach. Good head coaches can succeed no matter what “system” is run.

All true. I just want to win. I do have some wish list items though.

I'd like to see a defense that can sometimes dial up some pressure and create turnovers with a secondary that can pick off passes. I'd like to see us fix the inability to get off the field on 3rd and long issues we've seemingly had for so long. I'd like to see an offense that is explosive enough that going down 2 scores doesn't feel like "game over" I'd like to see WR's used effectively so we are no longer bad at that position no matter who we add to the roster. And of course, I would like to fix the oline. And finally, I would like to see schemes that play off the strengths of the players we have rather than players with weaknesses being forced to fit the schemes

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back