Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we sign Clowney, would be very difficult to sign Davis if he has a good year. Just looking at the way things are unfolding, a receiver for the second pic is in the cards.
We have over $60M in space next yr

We can sign Davis at any rate no problem

Are you taking into account the 6 players we have coming up for free agency? I don't think we will waste 10 million on Davis. That said, I also believe management will move on....he has been a bust to date.

He didn’t want to stay here, nor did we want him here. Low ceiling, average output. Hate all you want, but at least JRob assembled an AFC championship level team. You worship a guy that legit has never put up more than 4 TD’s and barely 500 yards a season....It’s weird to be honest haha.

People here refuse to ever be wrong.

If they say a guy sucks pre draft, he will always suck. He could be ten time all pro, but he sucks.

Dradt

We also have Jackson and jayon. Maybe Henry again. So far, Davis hasn't been worth it.

Davis is everything you dream up from a WR

The production hasn't matched his draft stock but Id certainly never bet against the guy

Sure. And if he's willing to sign a deal commensurate with what he is... A low end #2 receiver, I'd happily keep him.

Id also love to see him break out. He should be better than he has been.

If we sign Clowney, would be very difficult to sign Davis if he has a good year. Just looking at the way things are unfolding, a receiver for the second pic is in the cards.

Anything is possible. I just rather doubt we spend one of our top 3 picks on WR, given our needs for OL, DL, and CB.

I think Davis' replacement will come next year..this is a deep WR class..I guess we'll see
I do hope Davis breaks out this year, I really liked the pick at the time
He was THE guy I wanted that draft. I was hoping to get him at 18 but he likely wouldn't have been there, but who knows. Anyway, when we made the pick, I was pumped. He hasn't lived up to the hype, but TBF, he also hasn't had an NFL level QB to throw the ball to him. I'm blindly holding hope the turf toe was real last season and lingered. He has too much talent for what he's produced, and he has shown elite talent at times, but nowhere near enough.

Jayron Brown/Jonnu Smith/Corey Davis/Adoree Jackson/Da Quan Jones/Derrick Henry.
Brown will be resigned, but he won't get top money. Smith is in the same boat, unless he absolutely goes off this season. Jackson will have his 5th yr option exercised. I'd of let Jones walk honestly, he's been pretty meh, but the stupid Casey trade may change this. And then Henry, if he isn't resigned long term this summer, I don't know if he'll be here next season. Whether I agree with that or not. So all that said, he have the money should Davis deserve it, and we certainly don't need to move on from him this year to prepare for affording guys next year.

Davis is everything you dream up from a WR

The production hasn't matched his draft stock but Id certainly never bet against the guy
This. He hasn't forgotten how to ball, and he does the little things, blocks, has a good attitude, isn't a diva, stays out of trouble, the strong silent type. I'm hoping being around AJ brings him out of his shell a bit. I think the 2 of them have top 5 duo potential honestly.

Brown had more touchdowns last year than Davis has had in 3 lmao.
The first season where they had an NFL QB. Same season Davis was said to be struggling with an injury. Not making excuses, he's under performed. But these are real facts that need to be taken into account.

Also, Brown is a beast, so there's that too.

Shoutbox is back I’m done with this thread, enjoy!
Bye Felicia.

He was THE guy I wanted that draft. I was hoping to get him at 18 but he likely wouldn't have been there, but who knows. Anyway, when we made the pick, I was pumped. He hasn't lived up to the hype, but TBF, he also hasn't had an NFL level QB to throw the ball to him. I'm blindly holding hope the turf toe was real last season and lingered. He has too much talent for what he's produced, and he has shown elite talent at times, but nowhere near enough.

Brown will be resigned, but he won't get top money. Smith is in the same boat, unless he absolutely goes off this season. Jackson will have his 5th yr option exercised. I'd of let Jones walk honestly, he's been pretty meh, but the stupid Casey trade may change this. And then Henry, if he isn't resigned long term this summer, I don't know if he'll be here next season. Whether I agree with that or not. So all that said, he have the money should Davis deserve it, and we certainly don't need to move on from him this year to prepare for affording guys next year.

This. He hasn't forgotten how to ball, and he does the little things, blocks, has a good attitude, isn't a diva, stays out of trouble, the strong silent type. I'm hoping being around AJ brings him out of his shell a bit. I think the 2 of them have top 5 duo potential honestly.

I dunno man. Last year when AJ went gangbusters, and teams started keying in on him, I thought maybe David would come alive. I don't know why the deal is. He has shown dominance a time or two (pats playoffs a while back) but just can't seem to get it going.

Would love it if he does this year. Having two wr beasting and Smith and Henry... Could be special.

I dunno man. Last year when AJ went gangbusters, and teams started keying in on him, I thought maybe David would come alive. I don't know why the deal is. He has shown dominance a time or two (pats playoffs a while back) but just can't seem to get it going.

Would love it if he does this year. Having two wr beasting and Smith and Henry... Could be special.
Maybe it was the turf toe, maybe hes just not that guy. We should find out this year. I cant see him being worth 14m either way (2021 wr tag).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back