Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's obvious Levis is our starting QB for the foreseeable future.

Probably might be best to put Tannehill back there now and let him get pawned.

I want Levis to get the mistakes out of him, but not for the sake over his physical and mental health. Fella literally had no chance at all today.
While I agree... We want a QB that can overcome the adversity.

The NFL isnt going to be all smooth sailing for any QB. Hopefully he can take the lumps and overcome the mental beat down. TN has a history of QBs who crapped out because they couldn't get passed the mental aspects of the game.

If he can make it through the season physically is another question.

Mike Keith just asked a tough question

why could Titans NOT take advantage of TB pass D?

vrable - every game different, protection issues, lack of execution

highly respected

While I agree... We want a QB that can overcome the adversity.

The NFL isnt going to be all smooth sailing for any QB. Hopefully he can take the lumps and overcome the mental beat down. TN has a history of QBs who crapped out because they couldn't get passed the mental aspects of the game.

If he can make it through the season physically is another question.

My fear is that Tampa Bay figured us out in that we have a terrible revolving OL. They literally had 8 players in the box coming at us all day long. Therefore every team remaining will do the exact same thing. Honestly you can rush 5 players and still get to our QB. Rush 7 or 8 and we literally have no solution at all.

If we had weapons on the outside, outside of Hopkins we would be able to bypass this rush. Since we don't, it's going to be a super long hurdle to overcome.

Levis is legit, regardless of mistakes but it maybe time to house the sweet car in the garage while the storm passes.

Levis needs a revamped OL and another playmaker to succeed.

My fear is that Tampa Bay figured us out in that we have a terrible revolving OL. They literally had 8 players in the box coming at us all day long. Honestly you can rush 5 players and still get to our QB. Rush 7 or 8 and we literally have no solution at all.

If we had weapons on the outside, outside of Hopkins we would be able to bypass this rush. Since we don't, it's going to be a super long hurdle to overcome.

Levis is legit, regardless of mistakes but it maybe time to house the sweet car in the garage while the storm passes.

And he needs some better plays to go to so he can quickly get rid of the ball and get some rhythm going. We all know our OL is hot garbage; no one on that coaching staff can come up with something, ANYTHING so Levis doesn’t hafta heave it as far as he can downfield or take a sack?

My fear is that Tampa Bay figured us out in that we have a terrible revolving OL. They literally had 8 players in the box coming at us all day long. Therefore every team remaining will do the exact same thing. Honestly you can rush 5 players and still get to our QB. Rush 7 or 8 and we literally have no solution at all.

What’s crazy is that TB did it all game. Vrabel just accepted that TB was gonna do it. Made no effort to stop it.

remember when Biscuits was getting all that crap for using 2 extra TE blockers to help Mariota? Seems like some sort of effort in helping a weak OL.

What’s crazy is that TB did it all game. Vrabel just accepted that TB was gonna do it. Made no effort to stop it.

remember when Biscuits was getting all that crap for using 2 extra TE blockers to help Mariota? Seems like some sort of effort in helping a weak OL.

All game long.

Sucks we couldn't make them pay. But this OL is the worst I've seen since watching football from 1992. It's really bad.

They are going to ruin Levis. He has been beaten to crap the last two weeks.

Maybe we should just put Tanny back in and let him take the beating until he gets hurt again. Save Levis until we can actually protect him…lol.
I thought Tanny did ok until he started getting slammed repeatedly. I can see the same thing happening to Levis. How can anyone do any good without protection or run blocking
Since the Titans have been a team I can’t remember a worse offensive or defensive line. I saw a close up of Dillard responding after his assignment had passed him

All game long.

Sucks we couldn't make them pay. But this OL is the worst I've seen since watching football from 1992. It's really bad.
Bad football is bad football.
I started following the Oilers in like 88-89. The franchise has put some duds up there.
And the few times they get real pretty awful, they make selections like VY, Pac-Man Jones, Mariota. Not a good drafting team historically with their early picks. Even took a few years to see what McNair had.
Conklin and Corey Davis are top 10’s too.

Going before my time (mostly) Alonzo Highsmith, Jim Everett (never played in Houston).
in 85’ and going previous, Ray Childress was about the last true great top 10 pick for the franchise. A bunch before him.

I don't think I've ever seen an Oline get dominated as much as this TN line has been. Today it was literally every play Levis has multiple guys in his face.

While the D line seemed a little better today...they've fallen off hard too. We knew the secondary was crap...now they're getting no help from the line either.

Kelly's scripted opening drive went nicely with an emphasis on Levis drop backs and opening up the passing game. Thereafter he called a terrible game and made no adjustments, trying to force the run against an 8 man box vs TB's strength. Once again the coaches were overly conservative throughout.
Terrible game both sides of the ball. Usual blown 3rd downs defensively and big chunk plays at the worst time. Team obviously lacks talent all over the field but the product is just terrible right now regardless.

Only saving grace from today is Levis didn't get hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back