Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Refs did not beat us. Downing beat us. Lack of decent WRs beat us.

Downing has shown consistently that he cannot adjust play calling on the fly after halftime. Teams adjust and he does not. Why Vrabel accepts this kind of performance is beyond me. Why Amy and JRob accept it is beyond me.

I think Vrabel is a very good coach but he is tarnishing his rep with this Downing thing.

We are are still 5-3 and honestly surprised that we are.
I miss Art so bad.

I'm so mad over this game. Defense did everything possible to give us a win and the damn offense just couldn't sustain a drive during the second half.

Explosive KC had 9 points with 3 minutes left in the game coming off a bye week and at home. What more could you possibly ask from your Defense?

Defensively we're fine and I have all the faith in them that they will keep us in contention.

Going to be a sigh of relief when Tannehill is back.

I'm patiently waiting for a breaking news tweet from you that Tim Kelly will take over as the Titans OC.
You mean the passing game coordinator of the passing game that absolutely sucks? You know Vrabel isn’t going to fire an assistant, especially mid season. Downing will be our OC until he gets hired as a HC or Vrabel gets fired.

You mean the passing game coordinator of the passing game that absolutely sucks? You know Vrabel isn’t going to fire an assistant, especially mid season. Downing will be our OC until he gets hired as a HC or Vrabel gets fired.
It needs to come from Amy it's the only way, I think JRob is afraid Vrabel will beat his ass if he fires him. You have Kelly there, no reason or fear should be there to let Downing kick rocks.

You do realize TE is the 2nd hardest position to learn behind QB right? Almost all of the elite tight ends in the league barely did anything year 1. Also, I don't know if you've seen our offense, but Downing is beyond a horrible play caller and Malik Willis has started 2 straight games. I doubt even if we had Kelce that he would be utilitized properly.

That being said, I hate the Chig is the only type of TE we always draft. For once, I'll like to see us draft your prototypical TE with ideal size from a pro-style offense that blocks well and is also very athletic. Pat Freiermuth was the perfect candidate in 2021 and was there in round 2. Instead we went with Radunz.....
Stevens was underappreciated

Yeah must be why they called more penalties on the Chiefs than the Titans...
you ever watched the phonies back in the day... refs would call everything in their favor all game... then once gayton had the W locked up they would start flagging the phonies to even it up... but game was already decided

disgraceful

Like everyone else, I’m still disappointed and pissed but there is reason to not jump off the bridge yet.

The Titans have a defense that can take them deep into the playoffs. With a project QB, scrubs at WR, average OL and an idiot OC, the Titans hung with what most feel is a top-tier team on their turf.

The Titans are 4-1 over the last 5 games and have only played at home once. The opponents get tougher moving forward but, if we can get Tanny back along with some healthy WRs, I think the Titans will stay in the mix.

Remain calm. All is well.

giphy.gif

I agree. Everything is there for us Defense is playing great, we are going to get Tanney back. What got me last night, was Malik drops back to pass and the wr's were not looking back to the football. It was like they were run blocking and not even trying to get open. This first half vs second half play calling by Downing is just awful.

The offensive staff has not put willis in position to be successful. Why not use the screen game with Henry or anybody?

Basically, We are in. What the Titans need are some breaks in the playoffs. If they get the turnovers they can win any game at any time. If they don't get the turnovers, eh, the conservative nature the Titans must play because we have no wide receivers open just puts them at a disadvantage. The Chiefs and Bills just have too much firepower for such a low risk offense to beat them.

Did the Titans ever have Henry and Hillard on the field at the same time against the Chiefs??? I didn't notice it if we did, but I thought we had a couple of good plays with them both on the field against the Texans. Their is no doubt that Henry and Hillard are 2 of our better weapons. I think having them in the game together pressures the Lbers reads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something else I noticed is Downing had no play calls to get Henry the ball in space except for that one screen that never happened because it was sniffed out.

Something else I noticed is Downing had no play calls to get Henry the ball in space except for that one screen that never happened because it was sniffed out.
Yep. That one stretch handoff did well and then no more I recall.

I’d loved to see more balls to Henry in the flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back