Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we are set at LBer….Landry is the only defensive starter that we will probably lose…I’m sure Robinson’s plan was to pay Dupree and draft Weaver to replace Landry…unfortunately we don’t know what weaver can do because he got hurt so early on.
I sure hope Landry is back. Cap is going up a ton…

I can't really see Landry not staying here. He's young. He's only a year older than Weaver. No one besides fans that expect everyone to be TJ Watt has ever said a bad thing about him. He's part of this team's glue. He makes effort plays, etc, etc, etc. And he seems to want to really be here long term.

I know that you have to take care of AJ next year and then Simmons gets an option next year and then is due a new contract, but you also have big contract expiring in the next few years. You cannot let Landry walk.

If I’m JRob, I prioritize guys like Landry, Simmons, AJB.
Long term thinking…
Henry and Tannehill should be here through 2023 and then may be gone. With the increased cap, we may be able to manage to keep this group together and add draft picks for the next 2 years. During that period, draft our replacements at QB and RB. If those picks hit we are set for another 4 years, and with tons of cap space freed up.

Yes we are set at LBer….Landry is the only defensive starter that we will probably lose…I’m sure Robinson’s plan was to pay Dupree and draft Weaver to replace Landry…unfortunately we don’t know what weaver can do because he got hurt so early on.
I think Honor will see the money or be tagged.

I honestly had no idea Cunningham played last week. Looks like he made some plays too...just that no one ever mentioned it so I didn't realize it was him. Lol

I like Landry a lot. Been solid every year and finally reaching a peak in his contract year. That being said, he isn't an elite pass rusher. If he wants to be paid like one, I'd let someone else do it. I'd be ok with a Leonard Floyd type of deal. But that would be my max on him. If he's looking for 75 million or more, I let someone else pay him.

I think Honor will see the money or be tagged.

Honestly, tagging Landry and trading him for a 1 or 2 sounds like a pretty good option. Ngakoue pulled the Jags a 2 and conditional 5th. Dee Ford also pulled the Chiefs a 2. I think we could absolutely get a 2nd rounder for Landry. This is a actually a very deep draft for Edge, so could potentially get a solid replacement in either round 1 or 2.

Honestly, tagging Landry and trading him for a 1 or 2 sounds like a pretty good option. Ngakoue pulled the Jags a 2 and conditional 5th. Dee Ford also pulled the Chiefs a 2. I think we could absolutely get a 2nd rounder for Landry. This is a actually a very deep draft for Edge, so could potentially get a solid replacement in either round 1 or 2.

Ugh. The whole point of the draft is to hopefully get guys like Landry.

The response to that is that you could go get guys like Landry in free agency. But you overpay for most everyone in free agency, there is a chance that they aren't a fit, and you already have Landry.

Ugh. The whole point of the draft is to hopefully get guys like Landry.

The response to that is that you could go get guys like Landry in free agency. But you overpay for most everyone in free agency, there is a chance that they aren't a fit, and you already have Landry.

Landry is good but not great, imo. Good teams trade guys like this before they get expensive. That money may be better spent fixing the OL. Jones is a FA, Saffold isn't very good anymore and seems like a lock to be cut. Quessenberry, Davis, and Brewer seem more like good rotational guys that quality starters.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly don't understand a lot of fans.

We finally have an elite front 4, if not 7, and they want to trade away a top cog of it.

We drafted Landry hoping he would turn into what he has. Now that he has, you keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back