Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played us out a second round pick
I honestly don’t think Jones played us out. He showed in our playoff game. Hamstring injuries are no joke. Yes it sucked, but I can’t judge the man’s character over a legit injury. We gambled with AK and pocket 6’s beat us.

Reminds of the year before! We had the #1 offense, and go buck wild on Beasless and Mr. Almost! The same damn thing! Thought ring fo sho!

it SPECIFICALLY is his job
He did his job. He made a trade for a great WR that he thought would better the team. So happens it was a gamble because that WR was coming off and injury year. The gamble didn't pay off because the injuries reoccurred.

Injuries or not, trading/signing players is always a gamble. We see it all the time in the NFL that a player joins a team with high expectations and it doesn't work out. It would be great if every signing worked out but it's probably more often than not that it doesn't. Every GM swings and
misses. It's just a part of the business/job.

Jrob has missed a lot. Can't deny that. But also can't deny that he's built a winning culture/team that the Titans didn't have before he came along.

He did his job. He made a trade for a great WR that he thought would better the team. So happens it was a gamble because that WR was coming off and injury year. The gamble didn't pay off because the injuries reoccurred.

Injuries or not, trading/signing players is always a gamble. We see it all the time in the NFL that a player joins a team with high expectations and it doesn't work out. It would be great if every signing worked out but it's probably more often than not that it doesn't. Every GM swings and

Jrob has missed a lot. Can't deny that. But also can't deny that he's built a winning culture/team that the Titans didn't have before he came along.

The trouble with being a GM is that most fans think they could do a better job

I honestly don’t think Jones played us out. He showed in our playoff game. Hamstring injuries are no joke. Yes it sucked, but I can’t judge the man’s character over a legit injury. We gambled with AK and pocket 6’s beat us.
I agree it wasn’t Jones playing us. It was a combination of lack of analytical evaluation of an older player who had a sustained injury issue and seeing him the the lens of what he used to be as a player. We gave up too much and paid him too much given his injury vs his ability to sustain productivity.

The trouble with being a GM is that most fans think they could do a better job
Yes, and the frustration fans feel when the majority opinion proves to be right. I didn’t want him at that price at the time because I was skeptical of his health. As I was with Dupree and still am with Farley. It looks like Dupree turned the corner, but otherwise, I still feel you must show better critical thinking skills when you are so close.

We had the culture we Floyd Reese and the first Titans core. We cap hell'ed our way out of it in combination with Bud's slow demise. The culture died on the vine as the franchise went stale in '03-18.

JRob is just a slightly above average GM. I don't mind he went all in on some FA gambles. You almost have to do that now unless you have elite draft pick skill and FA clairvoyance. I feel bad for JRob because playoff bed chitter Tannehill ruined what JRob had built as the all or none run. And now the franchise is in spin control to try and pretend the window hasn't shut.

We don't have draft picks, we don't have a QB, we don't have a TE. We're a wildcard team at best. We DO have a decent head coach although he is primarily a player's coach and not much of an administrator.

Aside from injury, there wasn't anything wrong with Julio Jones this year. He was open plenty of times and Tannehill couldn't get him the ball. That's on Tannehill. There's plenty of evidence on tape of Julio Jones still beasting it at times. Watch him go to KC or GB or Tampa and ball out.

When’s the last time any gamble worked out for the Titans? Every bet they sign doesn’t work out - Moss didn’t, AP didn’t, Julio didn’t - I want names that worked out - which gamble ever works for this sorry franchise - I’d have to go back n google it because nothing comes to mind

Mad that it didn’t work out with Julio, we all know why Moss didn’t - but I thought it made more sense to cut Julio next year. I wanted it to work with AJ. Not fold shop after one try.
Dupree. Coming off ACL tear, could have easily been a waste. Just an example
The draft every year is a gamble.
Tons of other FA have worked out well.

The shame of the Julio situation is more the titans WR curse. Percentage wise around the league, The lack of WR success in Tennessee is just staggeringly low compared to just about every other team. Titans just have a team where WR can’t win.
Historically
AJ Brown
Delanie Walker as TE
Kendall Wright (sort of)
Nate Washington
Arguably Kenny Britt
Drew Bennett
Derrick Mason

That’s 20+ years of “success” at WR.

I look forward to KY bringing this up every few minutes during every game.
Enjoy that playoff loss because of idiotic play calling? When you’re right, you’re right. Or you can continue with your false hope and wondering why you can never win a Super Bowl doing things the way you do them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back