Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we don’t have a Rogers or Maholmes. We committed to making Henry our identity, which was working when we had a decent o-line. By your own argument, it’s like saying well if you have an elite quarterback, you don’t need above average receivers. Brady is like the one exception to the rule.
Making a RB your identity is dumb tho lol

It’s not exciting. I think that’s different than dumb.
And I think identity is running the ball, forcing an opponent to over power your team, not just a single RB necessarily.

Unfortunately, the titans are not playing well at their own identity,

Last edited by a moderator:
He had some good seasons behind those guys. Problem is that none of those guys have been too available this season. Lewan gets more brittle every season, and Jones is showing signs of age as well. The OL right now cannot block for either the run or the pass, which is part of why Henry has struggled (coupled with what I think is a loss of a step...not unexpected after all of his carries at Bama and now here), and why Tannehill now has two banged up ankles.
That's my whole point, a RB is only as good as their line. Invest in the line not the back.

It’s not it’s exciting. I think that’s different than dumb.
And I think identity is running the ball, forcing an opponent to over power your team, not just a single RB necessarily.

Unfortunately, the titans are not playing well at their own identity,
When's the last time a running team has won a Superbowl tho

That's my whole point, a RB is only as good as their line. Invest in the line not the back.
I think there’s a little give and take there.

I’m pretty sure people can see extraordinary talent at RB. For example, Henry is only 1 of 8 guys in the 100+ years of the game to reach 2K. He was on pace to do it twice.

But I agree, it certainly doesn’t do any good to throw money at a RB if you’re not also willing to throw money at the guys that help him be his most successful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here’s a dumb question. Where the hell is Philips? Titans need a spark on O, anything. Try something/someone new. Especially with Burks out now. As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different results is so ignorant and stupid. I see the Jags whooping this team next week, and then the wheels really fall off.

FWIW for anyone who did not listen to vrable post game... Titans are NOT changing O will be working on execution & that apparently is the coaches job to make sure that happens...

Here’s a dumb question. Where the hell is Philips? Titans need a spark on O, anything. Try something/someone new. Especially with Burks out now. As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different results is so ignorant and stupid. I see the Jags whooping this team next week, and then the wheels really fall off.
Last I heard he's down with a hammy

I get the point you’re trying to make and the game has changed today where running backs are no longer the focus of an offense anymore. But my point was DH22 wasn’t just another good dime a dozen back, you can make the argument he was the best running back of his generation. But when we first committed to making DH22 our identity, we had a decent o-line and AJ Brown, so it was all working out just fine. Now the o-line sucks and we don’t have AJ anymore, and we’re stuck with DH22 (who probably has 1 more good year left, maybe 2 at best), and we didn’t really address getting your best offensive player some help in the off-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back