Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vrabel needs to look in a mirror.

If he thinks trotting the same tired offensive philosophy of overly relying on Henry and a piss poor offensive line to out physical an opponent, well, it's clear that the man has learned nothing from back to back playoff failures.

Vrabel knows his superiors know nothing about football, therefore they are slow to change or force change.

Totally wouldn't shock me if Vrabel kept Downing next season too.

Vrabel knows his superiors know nothing about football, therefore they are slow to change or force change.

I have no doubt in my mind that Vrabel and Robinson are 100% in agreement on the philosophy of the offense.

I think there’s a little give and take there.

I’m pretty sure people can see extraordinary talent at RB. For example, Henry is only 1 of 8 guys in the 100+ year streak of the game to reach 2K. He was on pace to do it twice.

But I agree, it certainly doesn’t do any good to throw money at a RB if you’re not also willing to throw money at the guys that help him be his most successful.
The problem with focusing on a running game is you need to dominate the game scrtfk
denver in Manning’s last year, 2015

Even though they lost the SB, it’s not because they were running teams they lost
SF against KC
LAR against NE

Not the higher percentage, but definitely a viable approach to win a SB.
Key is still defense.
So 7 years and that Broncos D was stupid good

I think that Downing is gone at the end of the season. The only reason that he is still around is that I think Vrabel wants to carry commitments through season end and, as you said, senior mgt. is not engaged enough to push that change now.

I would love to see Frank Reich on staff next season to help develop Willis though.

I have no doubt in my mind that Vrabel and Robinson are 100% in agreement on the philosophy of the offense.

Change the philosophy and lose more games. They are doing the best they can with what they have. It's pretty obvious this is an average team, but yet still have a winning season, so enjoy.

The problem with focusing on a running game is you need to dominate the game scrtfk

So 7 years and that Broncos D was stupid good
Well, 3 and 4 with SF and LAR. They made the SB beating non-running teams and that wasn’t why they lost the SB.

But as noted, defense wins championships. You’re not winning any SB without a Defense.

Well, 3 and 4 with SF and LAR. They made the SB beating non-running teams and that wasn’t why they lost the SB.

But as noted, defense wins championships. You’re not winning any SB without a Defense.
Rams: 8th ppg 13th points allowed per game
Buccs: 3rd ppg 8th papg
Chiefs: 5th ppg 7th papg
Pat's: 4th ppg 7th papg
Eagles: 3rd ppg 4th papg
Pat's: 3rd ppg 1st papg
Broncos: 19th ppg 4th papg
Pat's: 4th ppg 8th papg

Twice in the past 8 years has the Superbowl champ had a better D than O and not once in the past 5 years. I think you're overvaluing defense a bit my guy

Rams: 8th ppg 13th points allowed per game
Buccs: 3rd ppg 8th papg
Chiefs: 5th ppg 7th papg
Pat's: 4th ppg 7th papg
Eagles: 3rd ppg 4th papg
Pat's: 3rd ppg 1st papg
Broncos: 19th ppg 4th papg
Pat's: 4th ppg 8th papg

Twice in the past 8 years has the Superbowl champ had a better D than O and not once in the past 5 years. I think you're overvaluing defense a bit my guy
I think you’re overlooking the obvious.
every one of those teams was top 10 in points allowed.

For a real fun research job,
Keep posting those numbers for the top 4 teams each year (both championship teams) You’re talking about a 1-2 game difference on the entirety of a SB trophy.

I think you’re overlooking the obvious.
every one of those teams was top 10 in points allowed.

For a real fun research job,
Keep posting those numbers for the top 4 teams each year (both championship teams) You’re talking about a 1-2 game difference on the entirety of a SB trophy.
Good =/= elite. And I want a Superbowl not a conference finals appearance where we get bounced cause we can't keep up.

Also convenient how you ignore the elite offenses littered all over the list lol

Good =/= elite. And I want a Superbowl not a conference finals appearance where we get bounced cause we can't keep up.

Also convenient how you ignore the elite offenses littered all over the list lol
I already stated my case over and over. You need a good D, good offense is icing on the cake.

and it makes the conversation a whole lot more useable when you don’t limit your view point to SB trophy or bust. I say that because we’ve seen teams win that no one agreed was actually the “best” team.

I’ve seen people even say “it’s a different game in the playoffs”
“It’s hard to beat teams a second time in the playoffs”
Let’s also pretend that teams defy odds as underdogs, even in the playoffs.

so that makes the argument, what are the chances 1 team, that won the SB is an outlier vs 4 teams year after year after year?

you’re not gonna look it up. Your position is clear, if any team didn’t win the SB, they weren’t good enough to win A SB.

The old saying is it starts at the top and I think that’s true with the Titans. Have to fix Jon Robinson before you fix anything else. I thought we had one of the worst off seasons in history this past year and it’s really showing. He has been nothing short of terrible in the NFL Draft and that’s where teams are built. We also are against the cap but don’t have a roster that reflects that level of financial commitment, which also shows he is not very good at determining value. I think if we are going to take the next step, the first step is showing JRob the door.

The old saying is it starts at the top and I think that’s true with the Titans. Have to fix Jon Robinson before you fix anything else. I thought we had one of the worst off seasons in history this past year and it’s really showing. He has been nothing short of terrible in the NFL Draft and that’s where teams are built. We also are against the cap but don’t have a roster that reflects that level of financial commitment, which also shows he is not very good at determining value. I think if we are going to take the next step, the first step is showing JRob the door.

Who will show him the door though?

Yeah the dudes been a disaster for the past couple of seasons. But I get the feeling that as long as we win this joke of a division nothing is going to change.

I think the top is AAS, she has to get rid of JRob.

I’d also be ok getting rid of AAS as owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back