Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Absolutely no reason to rush to sign a RB in a class that includes Henry, Saquon, Jacobs and others. And yet...
I don't hate it, but yea, surprise this seems like a priority. I'll pass judgment until we see the dollars and cents. I'm with you that it seems like RBs would be bargain bin items.

That said, I do like Pollard above the others and offers something very similar to what Cally had with Mixon.

Good 1-2 punch with Spears without being stupid predictable like we've been with DH.

I don’t really get the people that want Henry back, and this is coming from someone who absolutely loves the guy.

Henry would never want to be just a 50/50 share the carries guy, and he doesn’t fit the offense that we are going to run. I would much rather have a few guys like spears (which we got in pollard) that can be a threat in the receiving game (and no I’m not talking about screens). I think Spears is going to have a great year, and Pollard is a solid guy to pair with him and just do it by committee rather than saying “here Henry, carry it 20 times”. Thats not our team anymore, and I’m glad. That offense was horrible to watch (I blame coaching , not Henry)

I don't hate the Pollard signing, but I think we overpaid him. 3 years $24 million seems a bit high for a complementary RB. But, being the Titans, we will likely have to overpay to get guys to come here.

I do think Dallas misused him at times. He's great out of the backfield, catching passes. But running between the tackles and getting tough yards really isn't his game. So I wouldn't base your opinion too much off of his stats from the last few years.

You don’t need a big name RB but when you have the best, seems like you should keep him.

He’s not the best though. Not anymore, nor would he be with this line that we’ll have. We are a passing team now, and Henry isn’t what you want as a rb in that style of offense.

That’s a fast backfield of Pollard + Spears - love it!
Not sure if used the same way (seem like similair styles) or if that means Henry is now gone? It would make for a much faster offense if so.
Interesting move , doesn’t make sense unless Titans are still going for it (not starting over until new stadium is ready) …

Pollard top 5 in yards after contact all 5 years of his career. Consecutive 1,000 yard seasons. Not sure what anyone is upset about this. Pollard and Spears together could be electric.

I’m looking forward to it. Like a few have said, gone are the days where teams will know exactly what we are doing based on who is in the backfield on that play.

You don’t have to have some stud rb that you rely on to get 3-4 yards on first down running. We’ll use the passing game to get those kind of plays. A dump off to spears is just as good as a 4 yard run

Latest posts

Back