Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

What in the actual Frick?

Ewww. $8M sounds a bit rich. I wouldn’t hate it so much but of all the damn holes and priorities I didn’t see RB at the top of the list. Feel like we rushed AND settled. This RB crop had some good options and Pollard seems like a reach. Jumping into bed with the first dude willing to take our money.

Pollard top 5 in yards after contact all 5 years of his career. Consecutive 1,000 yard seasons. Not sure why anyone is upset about this. Pollard and Spears together could be electric.

View attachment 21626
Barely broke 1000 last year with a good oline now we are paying him near top rb money when rb was one of our least glaring of needs. But my problem isn't really with Pollard it's with spending on the least valuable position

Henry>Pollard

Could of had Henry on a 2 yr deal for likely same or less per year dollars. Spears and Pollard are the same style of runner. I don't understand an 8 mil a year contract for a guy you already have on your roster in Spears!!

Regarding Pollard, Spears sucks in pass protection. Pollard gives you RB1 production while being a very valuable weapon in the passing game.

Don't dwell on the years or the total money until we get the full details of the deal.. I would imagine the deal is structured so that we can get out of it easily after year 1 if need be.

Henry>Pollard

Could of had Henry on a 2 yr deal for likely same or less per year dollars. Spears and Pollard are the same style of runner. I don't understand an 8 mil a year contract for a guy you already have on your roster in Spears!!

Edit: Carry on

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty good player but I don't like this move.

Spears is a similar back and is comin off a good rookie season. Pollard was expected to have a huge season with Zeke gone but that didn't really happen and that was with an amazing o line.

Not a big fan of this move

Regarding Pollard, Spears sucks in pass protection. Pollard gives you RB1 production while being a very valuable weapon in the passing game.

Don't dwell on the years or the total money until we get the full details of the deal.. I would imagine the deal is structured so that we can get out of it easily after year 1 if need be.
????Spears number one trait is pass protection what are you talking about.

Henry>Pollard

Could have had Henry on a 2 yr deal for likely same or less per year dollars. Spears and Pollard are the same style of runner. I don't understand an 8 mil a year contract for a guy you already have on your roster in Spears!!

1). What makes you think Henry would come back, get less carries, and take less money? Come on now.

2). Of course pollard and spears are the same kind of back, that’s the reason they got him. It’s not longer a 1 rb focused system. It’s RB by committee due to them being used more in the passing game than we’ve done with rb’s in the past.

If you don’t like paying pollard that much I get that. But acting as if Henry would want to come back for less money, less carries, in a system that isn’t “hand the ball off every first down”… why on earth would he come back? He was never going to. This is a situation where’s it’s best for both parties to go their separate ways

Henry is 30...he knows his carries are going to to be limited and split no matter where he goes. He's not signing a contract at a 26 yr old RB in his prime. He's not going to have 400 carries next year. He would of had a chance to finish his career in TN which is a big deal to some players. He's going to take a pay cut regardless where he goes.

No team is going to pay him 14-15 million at his age. I'll be shocked if he gets more than 10 per.

1). What makes you think Henry would come back, get less carries, and take less money? Come on now.

2). Of course pollard and spears are the same kind of back, that’s the reason they got him. It’s not longer a 1 rb focused system. It’s RB by committee due to them being used more in the passing game than we’ve done with rb’s in the past.

Latest posts

Back