Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is a great plan. I haven’t been a fan of cutting any major pieces, but if there are going to be a lot of players available at relatively low prices, it might be wise. For example, if we cut Butler, could we not get someone with similar talent for less? If the market is flooded, I would think so. Same with Adoree.
Yeah there's rumors that guys like Stephon Gilmore could get cut. There's going to be plenty of talented players available for one year deals if we need them.

Where did we get the extra 4 million or so extra after Humphries was cut? So with the extra 8 million we should be around 14.5 under the cap correct?

I think a lot of it is the cap role over. If you do not spend to the cap, it is rolled over into the next year. I think their cap for this year is like 209 million or so

Meanwhile the Colts and Jags are flush with cap space, and could load up on one year deals, so as not to handicap their futures. Jrob going to have to be thrifty
Absolutely, the trouble is with the cap, like its been mentioned... they will sign for 1 year deals most likely, so for one year they don't necessarily care about a SB so take the most $

Meanwhile the Colts and Jags are flush with cap space, and could load up on one year deals, so as not to handicap their futures. Jrob going to have to be thrifty

Colts have a ton of players to re-sign and that will eat up a lot of space. And many of those won’t be one year deals.

Please explain to me how the Colts are "in trouble" with lots of cap room and their own players to sign and we will "be fine" with no cap space and players to sign or replace?

I think a lot of it is the cap role over. If you do not spend to the cap, it is rolled over into the next year. I think their cap for this year is like 209 million or so
Which is why the Beasley signing still stings. That’s 9 mil that could’ve rolled over.

Yep, beware of the jags these next couple years

Come on man.. how many years we been saying this? The Jags have been the pre season darlings for over a decade. They still end up sucking. With the exception of 2017 ( we swept them BTW ) when they made the AFC Championship game they have been flush with cash, drafts picks and still blew it. 1 out of the last 13 season have been winning seasons.

Cap space and draft picks mean nothing unless you do something with it. Maybe they do this time. But I’m not worrying until they prove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back