Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say look him up and you will be pleasantly surprised

But that would be a lie. Injury proned and apparently trash.

Titanfilmrooms Twitter: "Maybe the Titans just can't tell the difference between good defenders and bad"
Still not seeing anything on this sooo fake news

This Kevin Johnson guy is all over the place on PFF. He’s got two years with TERRIBLE coverage grades and two years with excellent, borderline elite level coverage grades. At least he’s consistently inconsistent.

If JRob doesn’t get Fuller that’s a major offseason blunder. Dude is a stud. Jenkins is not a #1 corner.
You guys clamoring for Fuller realize there is 31 other teams right? Some of those teams might actually be more competitive and some have more money to spend. A "major offseason blunder"... really?!?

Don't get me wrong, it would be fantastic, but let's not assume JRob can just waive a magic wand and make it happen. I wouldn't hold my breath. Given our roster and cap situation, I think JRob is having a helluva good free agency.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys clamoring for Fuller realize there is 31 other teams right? Some of those teams might actually be more competitive and some have more money to spend. A "major offseason blunder"... really?!?

Don't get me wrong, it would be fantastic, but let's not assume JRob can just waive a magic want and make it happen. I wouldn't hold my breath. Given our roster and cap situation, I think JRob is having a helluva good free agency.

The guy is a bonafide CB1. Restructure some contracts to create space. Gotta win within our window.

I would say look him up and you will be pleasantly surprised

But that would be a lie. Injury proned and apparently trash.

Titanfilmrooms Twitter: "Maybe the Titans just can't tell the difference between good defenders and bad"
I thought the same thing at first. Who? But this actually could be a good signing. He played all 16 games in 2019 and unless we're considering COVID an injury, he was healthy last season.

He's given up 1 TD on 88 targets the last two years with 59.1% and 61.4% completion percentages. Gave up a QBR of 79.8 and 92 respectively. That's great to pretty good. I didn't watch any Browns games, but if we can get him back to 2019 performance this is a win.

He does need to improve his missed tackle %. Improved from 14.3% to 12.5% but still need to improve there.

For comparison purposes, Desmond King the last two years:
6 TDs on 80 targets
83.3% and 68.6% completion percentages
124.8 and 103.3 QB Ratings
3.8% and 6.8% missed tackle %

His numbers are also better than Adoree's from 2018 and 2019.

This could be an improvement, especially if he's just CB 3 or 4. King in 2019 was awful. I can see why he lost playing time in LA.

Don't get me wrong, it would be fantastic, but let's not assume JRob can just waive a magic wand and make it happen. I wouldn't hold my breath. Given our roster and cap situation, I think JRob is having a helluva good free agency.

You do realise that 50% of this board are in dream land right?

There is a zero percent chance we go back to spending $50 million of cap on DBs and having no money for pass rush. From this point forward, we put together a competent set of DBs and throw cash at pass rush, pass rush.... what’s that now?
Pass rush.

Counting on Fulton to start with such limited experience in a Super Bowl window is insane.
Hooker may be the SS but then we’ll need someone to replace Hookers 470 snaps from last year. We play 3 safeties ALOT.
Lamm is getting paid backup money and can’t possibly be the plan at RT.
Firkser is not a TE1 because he cannot block. Switching between him and Swain would be a ridiculous giveaway as to what kind of play we’re running. A TE1 needs to do some of everything.

Fulton is likely to be the slot corner and he might even split time Johnson (who has played better in the slot over his career). That isn't asking too much, imo. Borders also played well last year and will figure into the conversation. I do think we need to pick up another quality CB though, either in the draft or a veteran.

RE: Hooker, we can draft a safety or pick up a league minimum vet here and be fine. Hooker played 30% ice the snaps as a rookie too.

For Lamm, I think it's pretty obvious we plan on giving him a ton of playing time. But yes, we'll probably be drafting an OT within the the first 3 rounds with intent on him being the future at RT.

Concerning Firkser, I imagine we'll be running a lot of two te sets, maybe with him lining up in the slot

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a zero percent chance we go back to spending $50 million of cap on DBs and having no money for pass rush. From this point forward, we put together a competent set of DBs and throw cash at pass rush, pass rush.... what’s that now?
Pass rush.

How can we say our DB’s are competent? I disagree wholeheartedly with that. And why do we need money for a pass rush when we just paid $100 million to upgrade that spot?

This is the worst group of DB’s we’ve had since JRob took over.

Jenkins is basically what McCourty was for us and we don’t know what Fulton will be yet.

2016 DB’s:
McCourty
Perish Cox
Brice McCain
Kevin Byard
Da’Norris Searxy

Ranked 30th in pass defense that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back