Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Callahan was definitely one of the options for HC I was hoping for. Like others, Ben Johnson and Bobby Slovik were the others I honestly would have lost my mind if we hired a retread head coach or a defensive head coach. Young quarterbacks seem to develop so much better when their head coach comes from the offensive side of the ball. Lord knows we have endured 3 yards in a cloud of dust for a long time now. This is a solid hire that will only be successful if the coordinators he brings in are good. And also, if we use our draft pick to pick up a solid player as well as spend some money in free agency.
Your post reminded me of something I was thinking about the other day; the Titans have only had TWO defensively-minded head coaches; Fisher and Vrabel. We all act like that’s all we’ve ever had, but it’s just not true. Even our offensively minded head coaches have failed. Haha!

Your post reminded me of something I was thinking about the other day; the Titans have only had TWO defensively-minded head coaches; Fisher and Vrabel. We all act like that’s all we’ve ever had, but it’s just not true. Even our offensively minded head coaches have failed. Haha!
I think the difference is in between they weren’t D or offensive minded (or I’ve been told Whisenhunt was)

Run it til it pops
Mr 6 months to prepare
Meh Munchak although he got Hasselbeck the team high for a bunch of years.

I think the difference is in between they weren’t D or offensive minded (or I’ve been told Whisenhunt was)

Run it til it pops
Mr 6 months to prepare
If there is, actually, a point in my post, it would be that, unless you have a very specific QB, all offenses rely on establishing a running game. They are all going to look similar to what we are used to. All the guys in the Shannahan tree run the ball a lot, because it works. Pass happy offenses don’t work like most people think they do.

This is great for Levis. Mathew Stafford had back-to-back 4,000-plus-yard passing seasons in 2016 and 2017 with Callahan as his position coach. Callahan's next stop with the Raiders helped Carr reach his first career 4,000-yard passing season. Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow threw for at least 4,400 yards in his two full seasons with Callahan as the offensive coordinator.

This is great for Levis. Mathew Stafford had back-to-back 4,000-plus-yard passing seasons in 2016 and 2017 with Callahan as his position coach. Callahan's next stop with the Raiders helped Carr reach his first career 4,000-yard passing season. Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow threw for at least 4,400 yards in his two full seasons with Callahan as the offensive coordinator.

My prediction…. If Levis throws for over 4000 yards next season at a minimum the Titans are in the playoffs.

Run it til it pops
Mr 6 months to prepare

Whisenhunt and Mularkey were absolutely offensive minded coaches. They were once both up and coming OCs who were considered QB gurus, just like Callahan.

Whisenhunt and Mularkey were absolutely offensive minded coaches. They were once both up and coming OCs who were considered QB gurus, just like Callahan.
Let’s hope they don’t wear the same shoes.
Whatever offense malarkey and Whisenhunt brought seem very un-offensive minded. Mularkey really showed himself hiring Robiskie as OC.

Now trade Burks to Monty Ossenfort (who helped draft him here) in AZ as part of a deal to move up to 4.
Marvin… Harrison… Jr.

Latest posts

Back