Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Either way, he needs to bring his Dad to coach the OL. I assume the OC won't be quite as relevant, since Brian Callahan will probably call most of the plays.

You forget 2 things:

1. He was the Raiders OC the 3 seasons prior. So while he didn't construct the SB team, he was at least partially responsible for their success when Gruden was the HC.

2. The Raiders weren't a SB team when he took them over in 2002. They had just lost in the divisional round a year before in the Brady Tuck Game. When he took over as HC, the Raiders actually improved on offense, leading the NFL in passing and total offense while Gannon won the MVP.

Again, not saying he is/was a good head coach, but I can't be too harsh on him given the situation in 2003. And obviously his Washington stint as an interim HC can be taken with a grain of salt too.
If really don’t have any beef with dad Callahan.
And yes technically they didn’t go to the SB before his HC run, but they were SB caliber and outside one of the stupidest rules that is still debated on correct call today, they were right there.

we’re getting his son and it looks like dad is staying in Cleveland.
Hope he finds ways to get the offense moving.

Or a diversity hire. I was afraid that would have been his top priority. I don't mind it being a priority but not the top one.
Not attacking you, but this is something white people really worry about isn’t it? Diversity hires. Ever worry about non-diversity hires?

My prediction…. If Levis throws for over 4000 yards next season at a minimum the Titans are in the playoffs.

I agree... a milestone never before reached by a Titan O gets done and Titans make POs

But I thought just making POs was loserville

thought it was Owl or worthless season

that is the Goat Tanking rules right?

Not accusing you of being a Goat Tanker... just pointing out

Not attacking you, but this is something white people really worry about isn’t it? Diversity hires. Ever worry about non-diversity hires?
So you're ok with hiring people strictly based on the color of their skin? Not because they are the best person for the job? That's my worry. No doubt Ran understands the need for more minorities to get opportunities, but his career as GM of the Titans is tied to who he hires as the HC, and I would hope he hires based on merit and not a demographic.

So you're ok with hiring people strictly based on the color of their skin? Not because they are the best person for the job? That's my worry. No doubt Ran understands the need for more minorities to get opportunities, but his career as GM of the Titans is tied to who he hires as the HC, and I would hope he hires based on merit and not a demographic.
No, I’m completely with you on that. It’s just, I’ve heard a lot of people, including local media, who make it a point to say things like, “The Titans have met the Roony rule requirements with this interview” or “I wouldn’t be surprised if the Titans hired a minority coach” (you know because the GM is black). Not much is ever mentioned about skin color when another white guy gets a job. Again, not attacking you, just reality.

I agree... a milestone never before reached by a Titan O gets done and Titans make POs

But I thought just making POs was loserville

thought it was Owl or worthless season

that is the Goat Tanking rules right?

Not accusing you of being a Goat Tanker... just pointing out

Can’t get to the SB without making the playoffs. Right?

No, I’m completely with you on that. It’s just, I’ve heard a lot of people, including local media, who make it a point to say things like, “The Titans have met the Roony rule requirements with this interview” or “I wouldn’t be surprised if the Titans hired a minority coach” (you know because the GM is black). Not much is ever mentioned about skin color when another white guy gets a job. Again, not attacking you, just reality.
It feels like you are very close to discovering that the Rooney Rule is racist towards everyone.

Associating skin color with the hiring process is the entire point of the rule. There seems to be this notion that, after the hire, we are supposed to pretend they didn't prioritize skin color in the hiring process.

White coaches don't get accused of being hired based on their race because there is no incentive to hire white coaches based on race. They can do the same thing for black coaches by ceasing to prioritize racist diversity initiatives in the hiring process.

Or you can just accept that under the current system, black coaches are more likely to be incompetent than white coaches, because black coaches were more likely to have race considered over competency. But it isn't like there is a third option.

In what world was Mularkey considered a QB guru? I could see Whisenhunt but that was for established veteran QBs who needed minor adjusting, not developing QBs from the ground up. Callahan has done both.

And neither coaches worked under the modern, innovative Shanahan coaching tree like Callahan.

They just how they were both viewed due to working with Tommy Maddox and Kordell Stewart. This is what happened, I’m not really sure why you are trying to argue.

Uhh, what?

Mularkey was 54 when he took over the Titans and hadn't been an OC in over 4 years. And he was never a QB coach at any point in his career either. The words "Up and coming" and "QB guru" were never words anyone would have used to describe Mularkey in 2015.

Wisenhunt was certainly considered an offensive guru, but he also never coached QBs at any point. Not that it would have mattered given how little talent we had in 2014/2015. Those were probably the least talented teams we have had in Nashville. Truly awful.

Maybe you should learn to read. I said AT ONE TIME they were considered that. Mularkey was an OC for the Steelers with Tommy Maddox which he turned into a head coaching gig with the Bills.

Whisenhunt got the job with the Cardinals due to his “work” with meh QBs with the Steelers. And some people chalked up Warner’s resurgence to Whisenhunt at the time before people realized he was a dogshit coach. (I knew it all along).

Latest posts

Back