Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

So our GM RAN CARTHON just hired a HC named RYAN CALLAHAN. Anybody else seeing the commonality here?

My guess is that we'll being hiring Randall Cunningham as our OC, Rocky Calums as our DC, and Rich Camarillo as our ST coach.

Rob Carpenter will coach the WRs, Rock Cartwright will coach the RBs, and Ray Childress will coach the D-line.

Mike Munchak will coach the O-line, obviously.
Rico Carty is only in his mid 80s .... could be Titans Strength & Condition coach

maxresdefault.jpg

you know if Rico was an old white dude comedian

Last edited by a moderator:
D'OH! Nope, apparently not, just me being a dunce. This WHOLE time I thought his name was RYAN Callahan. Ryan! No idea where I picked that up or how I missed that. Oh well, I'll show myself to the corner now.

Maybe I was thinking the dad was Brian, but no that's Bill. Oh well, moving on...
no all Titans staff will have RC initals

OC Rim Celly
DC Rhane Cowen

ect

The whole point of the post (which should’ve been obvious) was correcting @HurrayTitans! about both Mularkey and Whisenhunt being offensive coaches. They were. Full stop.

As usual, you’re missing the point (either intentionally or unintentionally) just to argue. It doesn’t make you look smart.
Hey hey.

I was only sarcastically pointing out that both “offensive” guys had a very weak offensive approach while they were HC.
I get by position of coach, they work with the offensive side of the ball.

I would think Thomas Brown is strong candidate for O.C he was finalist for the HC. Strong ties with rams and McVay. Would think Kubiak son would be in play as well. 49er passing game cordinator

D.C. will be interesting Kris Kocurek 49er D line coach. Wink Martindale. James Bettcher bengals LB has ties to Carthon with 49ers and ties with Callahan with the Bengals.
Can any of those interviews, specially the 2nd interviews, possibly be for OC/DC/etc, not for HC?

I will be pretty upset if we end up with Brown as OC. I dont understand why his name is even on the list. He is a RB coach who has not been a very good RB coach.

The whole point of the post (which should’ve been obvious) was correcting @HurrayTitans! about both Mularkey and Whisenhunt being offensive coaches. They were. Full stop.

As usual, you’re missing the point (either intentionally or unintentionally) just to argue. It doesn’t make you look smart.

They were offensive coaches, and that's about the only thing true in that staterment. At the time they were hired however, they were not considered up and coming OCs and/or QB gurus, which was the ENTIRE EFFING POINT. What they may have been earlier in their careers is irrelevant to what they were considered when we hired them.

It's like saying the Titans have a signed a bunch of All Pro WRs over the years, without mentioning the fact that they certainly weren't performing to that ability when they came to the Titans. It's misrepresenting the facts..

Last edited by a moderator:
They were offensive coaches, and that's about the only thing true in that staterment. At the time they were hired however, they were not considered up and coming OCs and/or QB gurus, which was the ENTIRE EFFING POINT. What they may have been earlier in their careers is irrelevant to what they were considering when he hired them.

It's like saying the Titans have a signed a bunch of All Pro WRs over the years, without mentioning the fact that they certainly weren't performing to that ability when they came to the Titans. It's misrepresenting the facts..

Let’s see:

-Someone points out that we’ve had more offensive HCs than defensive.

-Someone (I interpreted) stated that they weren’t really offensive coaches

-I point out that they, in fact, are.

You: “bUt MuLaRkEy WaSn’T a Qb GuRu!!!”

It feels like you are very close to discovering that the Rooney Rule is racist towards everyone.

Associating skin color with the hiring process is the entire point of the rule. There seems to be this notion that, after the hire, we are supposed to pretend they didn't prioritize skin color in the hiring process.

White coaches don't get accused of being hired based on their race because there is no incentive to hire white coaches based on race. They can do the same thing for black coaches by ceasing to prioritize racist diversity initiatives in the hiring process.

Or you can just accept that under the current system, black coaches are more likely to be incompetent than white coaches, because black coaches were more likely to have race considered over competency. But it isn't like there is a third option.
There is a third option, but it involves systematic racism and it doesn’t feel that you are close to discovering that that is a real thing that has and still does affect minorities. So, let’s just drop it. Probably not the best place for this discussion.

New Head Coach! Whoop, whoop!

There is a third option, but it involves systematic racism and it doesn’t feel that you are close to discovering that that is a real thing that has and still does affect minorities. So, let’s just drop it. Probably not the best place for this discussion.

New Head Coach! Whoop, whoop!
I didn’t want to get in on that, but if “systematic racism” is a problem, start with individuals that are the problem.
So if there is an owner not hiring someone based on race, call that individual out, not change entire hiring procedures for everyone else to include specifically racist practices that “existed” before but we have to take the NFL’s word for it (or whoever drove the Rooney rule into existence) that it was taking place.

basically NFL said, no issue with your racism, just interview more minorities and there’s a bonus if you hire them.
“That fixes that problem” - NFL,
(really doesn’t, just exacerbated the problem).

And Defensive staff. I think the offense will be fine. But we got some players on defense and I just do not think they got coached up well. Secondary has been a problem for years!

Latest posts

Back