Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

It feels like you are very close to discovering that the Rooney Rule is racist towards everyone.

Associating skin color with the hiring process is the entire point of the rule. There seems to be this notion that, after the hire, we are supposed to pretend they didn't prioritize skin color in the hiring process.

White coaches don't get accused of being hired based on their race because there is no incentive to hire white coaches based on race. They can do the same thing for black coaches by ceasing to prioritize racist diversity initiatives in the hiring process.

Or you can just accept that under the current system, black coaches are more likely to be incompetent than white coaches, because black coaches were more likely to have race considered over competency. But it isn't like there is a third option.
I would think in this present day NFL, owners, coaches etc, had better play the best player or hire the best coach available. Bad choices gets folks fired

Is it a given the rest of the staff is out? I find it odd that there's been no announcement of anyone else being fired. Are they waiting for the new coach to decide who he wants and doesn't want?

Is it a given the rest of the staff is out? I find it odd that there's been no announcement of anyone else being fired. Are they waiting for the new coach to decide who he wants and doesn't want?

I wouldn't mind Charles London sticking around as QB Coach. He seems like a solid coach and Will Levis look good under his tutelage this season. It may ease Levi's transition to the new offense.

I wouldn't mind Charles London sticking around as QB Coach. He seems like a solid coach and Will Levis look good under his tutelage this season. It may ease Levis transition to the new offense.
Well we know anyone involved in the OL needs to be fired. Hell they should have been fired week 3. Not that they had a whole lot to work with..but still...Shouldn't be any wait to fire them now.

So our GM RAN CARTHON just hired a HC named RYAN CALLAHAN. Anybody else seeing the commonality here?

My guess is that we'll being hiring Randall Cunningham as our OC, Rocky Calums as our DC, and Rich Camarillo as our ST coach.

Rob Carpenter will coach the WRs, Rock Cartwright will coach the RBs, and Ray Childress will coach the D-line.

Mike Munchak will coach the O-line, obviously.
The Tennessee RC’s

IMO what is going on...

those guys contracts are guranteed but if they quite they get squat

they are waiting to be fired so what remains on contract is paid by Titans

The Tennessee RC’s
images

IMO what is going on...

those guys contracts are guranteed but if they quite they get squat

they are waiting to be fired so what remains on contract is paid by Titans
I would do the same thing, unless I had an offer. Who wants to be unemployed?

HIs dad won just as many playoff games as Vrabel for what it's worth and actually made a SB. He got fired the next year b/c Gannon missed most of the season and Al Davis was notorious for firing coaches the second they had a losing season.

I'm not saying he was a good coach, but it's hard to judge him too harshly given the situation.

Dumbest super bowl game plan ever.

Going against the top passing defense and they go with a pass heavy attack. Their power back barely saw the field in the first half.

Dumbest super bowl game plan ever.

Going against the top passing defense and they go with a pass heavy attack. Their power back barely saw the field in the first half.

I don't think they changed their terminology much either from when Gruden was there, so Tampa knew all their plays.

Then there was the Barrett Robbins fiasco. Not sure how that contributed.

I don't think they changed their terminology much either from when Gruden was there, so Tampa knew all their plays.

Then there was the Barrett Robbins fiasco. Not sure how that contributed.

Another boneheaded move

Gameplan so bad several raiders players think he threw the game to stick it to Al Davis

AAS chose Ran Carthon over Mike Mike Vrabel, that is what happened. So Amy said "we need to get on" and hired Rich Kotite 2.0. More 8-8 seasons boys, get ready. Well whatever, 40yrs of the same ole thing, I am used to it.

AAS chose Ran Carthon over Mike Mike Vrabel, that is what happened. So Amy said "we need to get on" and hired Rich Kotite 2.0. More 8-8 seasons boys, get ready. Well whatever, 40yrs of the same ole thing, I am used to it.

So you don’t like the hire ? Or you don’t like Ran?

I can promise and I’m willing to bet almost any amount of real money that we will never, baring a natural disaster and not including ties never ever ever ever go 8-8 again.

Latest posts

Back