Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be willing to trade a 1st for him if the Falcons gave us their 3rd....I figure we are picking late in each rnd and that the Falcons will be picking early.

The Falcons really do have to either trade Jones or Grady Jarrett....if they decide to extend them they just kick the can further down the road and put themselves in worse cap space down the road.

Getting Jones for 3 yrs with apy of 12.5 mil isn't bad considering what Corey Davis got. Also he could be cut or traded in the future with minimal cap hit if it didn't work out. After 2021 only 2mil of his base salary is guaranteed.

Considering our window with Tanny and Henry sure seems like adding Jones for those 3 yrs would make sense.

Having Grady Jarrett in the mid of our DL wouldn't be bad either

The more I think about this it makes sense. Not sure it isn't already a done deal actually. We skip on WRs until the 4th round and draft Evan's replacement in the 3rd. Julio can be let go when AJ gets paid but we do make a run when the fire is hot with Henry and Tannehill. Plus we didn't go out of our way to grab a TE in this draft either so maybe Hurst is in the pot (saw they did sign Briley Moore).

We basically swap Evans for Hurst and Julio and give them a 2nd round pick. Makes sense to me. Both Evans and Hurst were denied 5th round options so maybe both get new contracts. The Evans and Hurst deal could happen anytime. They just drafted one of the best TEs to ever come out of the draft so Hurst makes sense. Plus Arthur Smith and JRob basically have no reason to not work a deal that can help both teams since we won't butting heads unless we both make it to the SB.

So is AJ going to become the #2? No way. Julio won't be a #2.

Yeah. I understand that you don't necessarily need to designate who is #1 and #2 but no way the Titans target #11 any less or change that the offense runs through #22.

Yeah. I understand that you don't necessarily need to designate who is #1 and #2 but no way the Titans target #11 any less or change that the offense runs through #22.

With the new season, I think you could see us running less. That extra game puts a larger toll on King Henry and I'm sure they'd like to keep him fresh.

With the new season, I think you could see us running less. That extra game puts a larger toll on King Henry and I'm sure they'd like to keep him fresh.
that is a good point about the effect of the 17th game on RBs...hopefully Evans can spell Henry some as well.

In terms of targets, Julio averaged 1.5 more targets a game than Corey Davis did. Not a huge difference especially if some of Jonnu's targets go to Jones.

Then you make sure he has a quality backup.

Easier said than done. You're still going from the No. 1 RB in the league to a backup level RB, so the drop off will be noticeable regardless.

If you're using Henry even 10-15% less per game, his overall effectiveness stands to go down substantially. The offense will have to adjust somehow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Brian Hill along with Evans can help ith Henry's workload.

As far as Julio, I agree he's not a #2 neither is Brown, so instead of trading for Julio and the contract it will take why didn't we draft a decent #2?

What are you talking about? Here we go again with this idea they tattoo a #1 on a guy. The question is who plays Y, X or Z and at this stage of Julio's career I'm sure he is more interested in winning a SB than anything. You aren't "designated" the #1, you earn the #1 by your production. The defense is the one who decides who the #1 WR is by who they double cover. This idea Julio will only want to go to another team with a lesser WR across from him because of some ego thing is ridiculous.

Julio seemed pretty okay with sharing targets with Ridley. I don't see it being an issue for him here either.

Also, Corey Davis had 92 targets compared to AJs 106. Both guys achieved that in 14 games. Not a really a huge difference. That's 1 less target per game.

What are you talking about? Here we go again with this idea they tattoo a #1 on a guy. The question is who plays Y, X or Z and at this stage of Julio's career I'm sure he is more interested in winning a SB than anything. You aren't "designated" the #1, you earn the #1 by your production. The defense is the one who decides who the #1 WR is by who they double cover. This idea Julio will only want to go to another team with a lesser WR across from him because of some ego thing is ridiculous.
You didn’t read that I understand that there isn’t necessarily a #1 or #2 WR? You’re nuts if you think Julio doesn’t want to remain the featured receiver and be paid like one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back