Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Among the QBs I listed, nearly all are HOFers or future HOFers. I think that's self explanatory.
So again, by name, not what their actual performance was.
I’m not questioning any of these guys status historically or as a career, but on the individual season is which they produced numbers that were not top 10 QB within the same year that they won a SB.

The same can be said for some of the random names with huge career years that resulted in part of a SB team. With that in mind, literally any QB could potentially s**t out a Mark Rypien year or a Brad Johnson year. When the team around them is built, you still can have a crap Peyton Manning/Brock Osweiler combo or a Steve McNair, or a Trent Dilfer that end up representing the winnings SB team.

Im Suggesting that too many people live and die by this idea that you MUST have a “franchise QB”, whatever that means since no one want to try defining it, when the proof is there, you do not. At this point, you never actually denied that, it was simply an argument about what % of likliness this could happen.

And FYI, since McNair left, this franchise has barely been .500 at 138-136.
Ok, and he still reached the SB and fell 1 score short of the “greatest show on turf”

We can either put that on the QB “success” or recognize one of the greatest Ds of all time.

Edit: Misread your post.

The team since McNair left has also been #1 seed twice, has had zero “franchise QB” I think, and has reached the postseason 6 times, 1 conference game. This is middle of the pack which doesn’t speak to the other teams with long term success and their lack of “franchise QB” not does it even explain how TN got to the SB with McNair unless he’s a “franchise QB”. I might agree with that last part if I knew what a franchise QB was.

Ok, and he still reached the SB and fell 1 score short of the “greatest show on turf”

We can either put that on the QB “success” or recognize one of the greatest Ds of all time.

Edit: Misread your post.

The team since McNair left has also been #1 seed twice, has had zero “franchise QB” I think, and has reached the postseason 6 times, 1 conference game. This is middle of the pack which doesn’t speak to the other teams with long term success and their lack of “franchise QB” not does it even explain how TN got to the SB with McNair unless he’s a “franchise QB”. I might agree with that last part if I knew what a franchise QB was.

And we were 1 and done both seasons that we had the number 1 seed, despite having a dominant defense both years. We lost primarily due to poor QB play both games. It's like it's a trend or something.....

And we were 1 and done both seasons that we had the number 1 seed, despite having a dominant defense both years. We lost primarily due to poor QB play both games. It's like it's a trend or something.....
What’s the trend?
Was the “great” “franchise QB” against Balt?
Was it possible that QB in totality had less to do than the specific outcome of that particular game against Cin?

the great Aron Rodgers also went 1 and done the same year? While Matt Stafford ended up winning.
So I guess the anecdotal evidence there is you do not want a great QB, you want Matt Stafford.

claiming either ratbird PO loss was because ratbirds had a great QB is stupid

for something to be true... its opposite must also be true

cant just say Titans loose cause bad QB... have to also prove Titans loose because other team good QB

I much prefer the idea of drafting Hendon Hooker in the 2nd/3rd than spending a ton of draft capital to move up and take Stroud or Young. I know Hooker is injured, but when healthy he’s as good or better than both of them and won’t cost nearly as much.

I much prefer the idea of drafting Hendon Hooker in the 2nd/3rd than spending a ton of draft capital to move up and take Stroud or Young. I know Hooker is injured, but when healthy he’s as good or better than both of them and won’t cost nearly as much.

I mean, any other year you're right.... but frankly I'm tired of us taking dudes injured during the draft process...... it has worked out for us one time (Jeff)

Corey Davis and Caleb Farley being the forefront in recent memory...

Given there is no way we will even be in the discussions around the top 2-3 picks I would not be disappointed if we snag Hooker in the 2nd or 3rd. Could be a steal like Henry was.

Not happening…they would be better off going after Hooker in kater rounds if he falls there…if Paris Johnson is gone maybe take the chance with Quentin Johnston?

I'm cooling off on Quentin Johnston. I've seen a few mock drafts that have him in the 2nd round. He'll come out and run 4.5 or 4.6 40 and his stock will tank. I think he got a ton of hype because a few talking heads labeled him another Julio Jones that can run a 4.3. There's no way he runs 4.3 and the combine will expose that.

NFL Mock Draft 2023: Cardinals trade out of No. 3 spot as team moves up for C.J. Stroud; Pats, Cowboys get LBs

Newest CBS mock has us taking QB Anthony Richardson. That would be a total disaster if that were to happen. I just don't get the hype on this guy.

I will be shocked if Richardson gets drafted in the 1st or 2nd rnd....kid is big and athletic but has not shown any accuracy ... he has never completed over 60% of his passes...at least Malik completed over 60% his last 2 yrs.

I'm totally for taking Hooker in the 2nd... he has shown accuracy throughout his career...even before playing for the Vols he completed 65% of his passes at Va Tech

Not happening…they would be better off going after Hooker in kater rounds if he falls there…if Paris Johnson is gone maybe take the chance with Quentin Johnston?
I'm fine with taking any of the 3 top OTs at 11. I don't see all of them going with 3 QBs likely being gone, then some defensive studs going as well. I like Broderick Jones better than most and think he actually fits our style the best of the 3. Would be thrilled to come out of the 1st round with him.

If they're all 3 gone, try to trade back and take O'Cyrus in the mid teens.

1236693990.jpeg

MM at 11

reload in 23!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back