Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is DH22 ain’t that guy anymore but Vrabel’s philosophy is still stuck in 2020 where we had actually had a good o-line and DH22 can carry the offense.

Titans are now the team that when they play other bad teams…those teams realized they are not as bad as they thought. We show them how low the bar can really be.

Eeeek out a meaningless win.

Decent team at home, but awful team on road.

Seriously hope nobody shows up to the game, but unfortunately the 51% Vrabel lovers will try to keep hope alive.
The last home game was another great crowd, seems like they’ve been good all year.
These last couple weeks have killed any hope of that continuing.

This is easily arguable but seriously, who is different than 2021?

AJ Brown for Hopkins
THill for, well, THill then Levis.
Lewan for “fill in a T here”

K supposed to be here for Nick Folk.

what else has really changed across the roster?

Corners are collectively a lot worse. So are the LBs and OL. Byard was really good in 2021, but now he's not. Same for Landry. Basically our stars got old and we essentially traded Brown IR Burks.

This is easily arguable but seriously, who is different than 2021?

AJ Brown for Hopkins
THill for, well, THill then Levis.
Lewan for “fill in a T here”

K supposed to be here for Nick Folk.

what else has really changed across the roster?

The entire OLine and secondary is different, linebacking core is different.

Please stop with AJ Brown. Hasn’t been here in 2 seasons.

2 years is an eternity in the NFL. Bad drafts and regressions from THill and Henry play a factor.

JRob robbed this franchise of key assets and depth. It takes time to recover.

Corners are collectively a lot worse. So are the LBs and OL. Byard was really good in 2021, but now he's not. Same for Landry. Basically our stars got old and we essentially traded Brown IR Burks.
2023 CB
Avery, molden, Murphy-bunting, Farley, Kendall, Fulton

2021 CB
Jackrabbit, fulton, molden, skrine, farley, farley 2 (Mathias), macdougald, mabin, Chris jones, Cruikshank, borders, breeze, Jamal Carter

corners collective got worse? Cruikshank is the ONLY name for that argument or we’re missing jackrabbit Jenkins (lol)

2023 LB
OLB - Weaver, Landry, Murphy, Key, Gipson
LB- Rice, Gibbons, Gifford, Campbell, Al-shaair

2021 LB
Dupree, Evans, Landry, long, Brown, Williamson, rice, Joe Jones, finch, Dzunbar, Cole, Adeniyani

Couple names changed but who is “missing” that is wanted back from 2021? David Long?, Evans?

2023 OL
Skoronski, brewer, Dillard, Hubbard, Radunz, NPF, levin, Duncan, Brunskill, rupcich, throckmorton

2021 OL
Nate Davis, Quesenberry, Brewer, levin, Saffold, lewan, Radunz, Lamm, Sambraillo, dilauro, Hart, Ben jones

3 of the same guys, Skoronski is the best among all of them. I’ll agree Ben Jones is a loss, but is he all of it?

it seems like the rosters should have improved because the young guys of 21’ have now had a couple more years, but instead, lack of development has made basically the same roster seem worse.

none of these positions have had enough turnover to claim the roster is much worse. It was either just as crappy in 2021 as the #1 seed OR coaching and lack of development had played a HUGE role.

I think Landry will be better. But other than that you are spot on.

Titans talkback letting a caller rip on vrable - calling him a bum and that he sucks - LOL

its great!

mark would have cut him off

Dyson - I get it .. you can hear the frustration

caller said vrable took mularkeys winning team and philosophy and 'put his filthy paws all over it and now we cant win!"

LOL

The entire OLine and secondary is different, linebacking core is different.

Please stop with AJ Brown. Hasn’t been here in 2 seasons.

2 years is an eternity in the NFL. Bad drafts and regressions from THill and Henry play a factor.

JRob robbed this franchise of key assets and depth. It takes time to recover.
No, the entire OL/LB/secondary are not that different, note my post above. Even then, any s**t play should be attributed to the s**t coach and his staff.

context matters with my Brown comment. But, since you made the comparison to 2021, it certainly seems relevant since brown was on that 2021 team.

“2 years is an eternity?”
What are you talking about? The roster is mostly still the same guys from 2 years ago. I pointed out a couple of the most impactful changes since then, and here’s a big hint, they weren’t that impactful.

As I asked before, what on the roster changed the team so dramatically that it’s now the roster that’s the problem not the coach?
AJ Brown?
Byard (despite being here for more than half the losing streak)?
Lewan?
Saffold?
Ben jones?

brown’s production has been replaced, almost stat for stat with Hopkins

ben Jones is about the only guy gone that’s been missed since the 2021 roster.
But even to counter act some of those losses, one of the biggest issues was K, and we’ve got a guy kicking nearly 100% AND has a longer distance availability.

current Titan talkback caller saying fans dont have anything to cheer for

O sucks, now the D sucks.... the jets O sucks but at least their D gives them something to cheer for

LOL

The last home game was another great crowd, seems like they’ve been good all year.
These last couple weeks have killed any hope of that continuing.

I've been a season ticket holder since day 1 and have been through the ups and downs that come with being a fanatic. I am planning on relishing these last few home games this year and tailgating with my Titans frends I have made throughout the years. I realize that this will be the last time to tailgate as we have known it. Yes I'm upset about it, but times change and that is just a fact.

I will be in the stands yelling my guts out for our Titans....just like Big Jeff will be trying to rip guys heads off.

I just really hope to see King Henry have at least one last big game at home.

TitanUp!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back