Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We dropped from 1st to 3rd seed and could fall further over the bye.
Ya, if KC wins, they’d still be 8-4 tied with us and we own tiebreaker. Baltimore has tonight’s game to get to 8-3 or 7-4 tied with Cincinnati. If either of them won next week, I’d have to figure tiebreakers on which 8-4 is highest but if Baltimore loses tonight, we move back into #2.

They aren’t really good. Titans “ should “ win out. But I imagine there is a loss in there. But maybe not.

Given the Titans current injury situation, one that will only potentially improve as the season continues to progress, no fan should expect the Titans to win out or expect any remaining game to be a gimmie. In the past two weeks, the team is -9 in the turnover ratio (they are at -6 on the season). The bye week will help, but the Titans are pretty badly wounded and the help will be slow to come back.

How about a QB that can win games solely with his arm when adversity hits?

I’ve seen enough of Tammy now.
Yeah, that would be great. There’s about 3-4 QBs in the league at any given time that can literally carry the team on their backs. And even the best QBs need weapons. As of now, we are throwing to backups of backups.

It’s easy to just say you’ve seen enough of Tanny. But, If you have seen enough of Tanny, who do we replace him with that can definitely do better? If Tanny was playing like he has the last two years, would you be happy?

I’m not so quick to go back to the days we suffered through QBs like VY, Jake Locker, MM8, Rusty the Rifle, Zack Mettenburg, and Clipboard Jesus. Geez, makes me queasy just thinking about it.

A huge * next to that 2 year run...
You're forgetting King Henry absolutely going beast mode and dominating games. I'd credit Henry more than Tammy those two years. Tammy was horrendous in playoffs when Henry got stopped
True, Henry makes it a lot easier on any QB. With that said, MM8 still sucked and actually, Henry got better once Tanny took over the reins.

I’m no Tanny apologist, I agree that he has not been good lately. But, he has proven that he CAN be good with the right pieces and system. And I always go back to the “who replaces him”?

If we can get Aaron Rodgers this weekend, I’m in. But other than that, who is there? We’ve tried drafting what 6-7-8 QB since McNair, three first rounders, one taken 2nd overall and we couldn’t even land a good backup. Let alone a franchise starter.

Last edited by a moderator:
We dropped from 1st to 3rd seed and could fall further over the bye.
giphy.gif

ah ah ah ! Three... the Ma-gik newber is Three... ah ah ah!

Last edited by a moderator:
A QB didn’t just do down that fast in one season. Tannehill was throwing bombs down the field all the time with Art. It’s the system more than anything. That’s a fact. Most of the time when coordinators get fired for sucking with one team, they don’t become successful with another.
Art Smith seemed to know how to set Tanny for success. No weapons, revolving door on the line, no King Henry and a new coordinator who is still trying to figure things out.

Certainly some headwinds for Tanny this season.

This game wasn't on Downing. Our running game was legit today, we did our best with Westbrook and Hollister (as they were the only WR's/TE's to show up).

The defense and a regressing QB lost this game today.

Yeah, that would be great. There’s about 3-4 QBs in the league at any given time that can literally carry the team on their backs. And even the best QBs need weapons. As of now, we are throwing to backups of backups.

It’s easy to just say you’ve seen enough of Tanny. But, If you have seen enough of Tanny, who do we replace him with that can definitely do better? If Tanny was playing like he has the last two years, would you be happy?

I’m not so quick to go back to the days we suffered through QBs like VY, Jake Locker, MM8, Rusty the Rifle, Zack Mettenburg, and Clipboard Jesus. Geez, makes me queasy just thinking about it.

Well we aren’t trying to replace him next weekend but this offseason?

You could have Russell Wilson & Aaron Rodgers available. I’d be all for that.

We have no reliability at the WR position. Hate to say it because I was happy when we got him, but I think we wasted a 2nd round pick on Julio Foolio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back