Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had to deal with a senile owner with dementia giving him orders. I don’t blame him.
Fisher is/was an arrogant entitled douchebag. I've
interacted with him in person, and more than once.

That being said, I haven't met Vrabel. I'm pretty sure that he's the same type of guy.

I agree. Vrabel has that 1960's Vince Lombardi mindset were you can run the same play/offense over and over again and if you execute it to perfection it will work every time. But we all know that's not how the NFL works anymore. Yes there are tried a true aspects to play designs and play calling but we know now in the modern day NFL that you need to some innovation in your schemes and how you coach and play the game. Without it opposing team defenses can easily combat what you are doing. The wildcat is a good example, when it was new teams had success with it now it's a gadget play, same for the read option. Going into each game with the run run run mentally is bad, you need a game to game plan. The team we play this week has a horrible secondary so exploit it etc etc.
When we had an average OL we were scoring 30+ per game and led the NFL in red zone scoring. So I’m just not buying into the BS about Vrabel’perceived “arrogance being the cause of recent struggles.

Fisher is/was an arrogant entitled douchebag. I've
interacted with him in person, and more than once.

That being said, I haven't met Vrabel. I'm pretty sure that he's the same type of guy.
Totally different experience with Fisher. MNF against Saints ~10 years ago- pulled up a chair Sat night night at Antione’s and had a drink with us. Was a good dude.

hqdefault.jpg

In his decision to stick with Downing as the team’s OC for the entire 2022 season, Vrabel missed a big opportunity to see what Kelly can be as a play caller in Tennessee’s offense. If he had the answers to Tennessee’s offensive struggles moving forward, why was Kelly not given a bigger role sooner when your team was still alive last season?

After speaking with Vrabel over Zoom on Tuesday, the answer was made clear: Vrabel did not believe that making the move in season would have changed anything.

“I have to make decisions and I don’t know if during the season if anything would have really mattered. I really don’t,” Vrabel told the media. “What I’m focused on is where we’re able to go from here
Couldn't you have just ran the same offense but with someone different calling plays? I call bs on this, I bet if Dumbing never got that DUI he'd be here still.

I feel like we actually had a lot of success with the Wildcat the previous 3 years. Did we run it at all last season? Henry Jump pas maybe?
Yes we do but when it was first introduced and run with more frequency it got nullified pretty quick. We use it really well to catch teams off guard.

Just a reminder that this team was 7-3 with 4 game lead and 7 games left, only to lose 7 straight and the division

And Vrabel is still here and all we have are internal hires

Couldn't you have just ran the same offense but with someone different calling plays? I call bs on this, I bet if Dumbing never got that DUI he'd be here still.
Downing was insanely stupid with play calling. I mean institutional style dumb. Like what was working he’d change and when it wasn’t he’d keep trying. I get he had his hands tied with out chittty putrid OL (except Jones and PTF. BUT DAMN. slip or bubble screen. Pistol with Willis. Pistol/1pass with DH. Things Art did to compensate so that THE KING COULD FEAST.

Get the OL talent and experienced this year. Keep Landry/Simmons/Byard. Develop the CBs. Draft OL/LB/TE. Draft flier WR. Keep RT17. Buh bye Lewan, Cunningham, Woods, Dailey, Hooper, Smith ?Swaim,

We’ve got 2 years and we’re back.

Since I am not from Nashville I only attend a game or two a season. So I know losing me as an attendee doesnt matter much, but all the same, I will not attend a single game next season. If we win the SB, I will admit I was wrong, apologize and continue attending a game or two a season from then on.... at the same time, if we don't win the SB next season, I will never attend another game while Vrabel is coach.

Just a reminder that this team was 7-3 with 4 game lead and 7 games left, only to lose 7 straight and the division

And Vrabel is still here and all we have are internal hires

I have to embrace this new hire for my own little bit of Titans sanity remaining.
but...just a quick thought...has there ever been a "coach of the year" that has fallen so fast. I know, I know, prolly injuries no line, blame Downing, etc...

Ok, once again stay positive, embrace this hire. I HAVE TO STAY POSITIVE

I have to embrace this new hire for my own little bit of Titans sanity remaining.
but...just a quick thought...has there ever been a "coach of the year" that has fallen so fast. I know, I know, prolly injuries no line, blame Downing, etc...

Matt Nagy won coach of the year for the 2018 season, and was fired at the end of 2021 season.

I can find a couple fired 2 years after COY
Schottenheimer in SD (won 04- fired 06)
Dick Jauron in Chi (won 01- fired 03)
Lindy Infante GB (won 89- fired 91)

Forrest Gregg in Cle (won 77- fired 78) took over in 76 as an interim.
Jack Pardee may be the winner in Wash. won 1979 - fired 1980

eagles had a guy in 1960, Buck Shaw, who took over last place Philly in 58. He won COY in 1960 and the NFL championship (only 1960’s GB to lose) then retired.

Since I am not from Nashville I only attend a game or two a season. So I know losing me as an attendee doesnt matter much, but all the same, I will not attend a single game next season. If we win the SB, I will admit I was wrong, apologize and continue attending a game or two a season from then on.... at the same time, if we don't win the SB next season, I will never attend another game while Vrabel is coach.

Feel the same way, as I don't live in Tennessee. Went to 5 games last year, but I can't see myself going to anymore games with Vrabel at the helm, which sucks because I enjoy myself in Nashville pregame.

But it's clear Vrabel isn't trying to win a SB, no matter what certain posters on here claim. Sucks because I do think he could be a great HC, but the coaches he rolls with is absurd.

Vrabel should have an all star coaching staff by now, yet refuses to bring on any coach that could make his job easier.

What a shitshow Vrabel has become.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back