Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure the only question Vrabel asks in his interviews is.... when you kiss my ass will I get some tongue action. If they answer is yes, they are hired.

Again the o-line hire is the worst of the worst. Your o-line coaching has been an issue, develop no one, make no one better, apparently have trouble evaluating talent to draft that can play, and we hire from within. Yes good hire bye texans, they will get better with Ryans, if they give him time.

Wonder why the Colts would leak out they are hiring the OC at Philly the day of the super bowl? Why do that to your guy? Waited this long?

Damn that's a good hire sucks for us.

No one knows that. The Texans are a bad organization. Who knows what Ryan’s will be as a head coach. It’s easy to look good when you have a ton of talent to coach. Good coordinators don’t always work out. Most don’t.

I don’t get the hate of Tim Kelly at all. Will it work? I don’t know. Neither do any of you. But being against it simply because he was already on the staff here is silly. All of these sexy names won’t work for these other teams. When Tim Kelly had a legit QB and talent on offense the truth some of you are ignoring is that his offense that year was one of the best in the NFL. Watson threw for almost 5000 yards. Our offense will be better under Kelly than Downing. That’s a fact. But the Titans didn’t have as much a coaching problem as a talent problem. Vrabel and staff have done a really good job of coaching up scrubs. Hopefully we get more talent on the roster moving forward.

The Texans will continue to suck.

There is too much angst over the Kelly hire for sure. He has shown he can coach a prolific offense in the past, which many of the new OC’s recently hired who were position coaches have not. I too scratch my head over our OL hire, but I’ve also had bosses were unqualified and dumb as sticks in the past. One historically bad one was fired and I took his place. Thankfully, ownership didn’t paint me with the same brush as that dunce. Time to chill and see what happens. Vrabel isn’t as simple-minded as he is being portrayed, he knows that he has to be successful to keep his job and part of his success is tied to his coaching choices.

No one knows that. The Texans are a bad organization. Who knows what Ryan’s will be as a head coach. It’s easy to look good when you have a ton of talent to coach. Good coordinators don’t always work out. Most don’t.

I don’t get the hate of Tim Kelly at all. Will it work? I don’t know. Neither do any of you. But being against it simply because he was already on the staff here is silly. All of these sexy names won’t work for these other teams. When Tim Kelly had a legit QB and talent on offense the truth some of you are ignoring is that his offense that year was one of the best in the NFL. Watson threw for almost 5000 yards. Our offense will be better under Kelly than Downing. That’s a fact. But the Titans didn’t have as much a coaching problem as a talent problem. Vrabel and staff have done a really good job of coaching up scrubs. Hopefully we get more talent on the roster moving forward.

The guy has been a solid O-Line coach and will be running the kind of offense the 49rs run. Not gonna lie he is the guy I wanted as OC.
Haven't said anything pro or con about Kelly , gotta wait and see what he can do as OC first before judging the guy.

We have done a great job at coaching up scrubs at the LB position. We have done a good job at developing d-line. We have had numerous good RBs. We have been awful at coaching up WR, O-line, CBs.

If you mean Strunk and not Smith, then I would challenge that notion that everything’s changed since she took control.
I stand corrected, Amy Adams Strunk. But I would challenge the notion that "everything's changed". Oilers / Titans have one Super Bowl appearance and lost. Aside from that all has been completely the same. Some .500 seasons mixed in with "one and done" playoff appearances. And every 10 years they might win one playoff game. Nothing has changed. Just "we'll get em next year" and our devoted fans filled with hopeium. I know what to expect every year, but you all deserve a super bowl win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back