Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henry had 15 total carries, 5 in the second half, 4 were 4th qtr.
It should be a crime to have Derrick Henry on your team and only run him 5 times in the second half of a winnable game. Or even only running him 15 times.

I'm all for Spears getting touches and hopefully he's the playmaker the OC seems hellbent on making him out to be... but he shouldn't be taking snaps from Henry at this point.

I was beginning to think Henry was injured as it felt like he was off the field for such a long stretch.

It should be a crime to have Derrick Henry on your team and only run him 5 times in the second half of a winnable game. Or even only running him 15 times.

I'm all for Spears getting touches and hopefully he's the playmaker the OC seems hellbent on making him out to be... but he shouldn't be taking snaps from Henry at this point.

I was beginning to think Henry was injured as it felt like he was off the field for such a long stretch.
After he had that long screen run, he.motioned to the side line. He seemed to have disappeared after that.

I’m willing to give the new offense a chance to succeed. It just has the wrong QB. Titans would have won easily with average QB play. There should be no dispute in that.
Problem is Squirrel ain’t that, and our other boy ain’t either. Could of gotten another OL pick in there or Mayer. Im gonna chill for a bit. Knew our O would be sketchy at best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Problem is Squirrel ain’t that, and our other boy ain’t either. Could of gotten another OL pick in there or Mayer. Im gonna chill for a bit. Knew our O would be sketchy at best.

You don’t know that. You just don’t. Willis was a rookie. Levis hasn’t played. There is just no metric you can post to prove who is or ain’t when it comes to the young guys. T17 has a body of work that ain’t getting better. Now he has happy feet.

You don’t know that. You just don’t. Willis was a rookie. Levis hasn’t played. There is just no metric you can post to prove who is or ain’t when it comes to the young guys. T17 has a body of work that ain’t getting better. Now he has happy feet.
Coaches decisions are a metric. They chose to sign a guy off the street last year to start over Willis and again, they chose to keep Levis deactivated vs willis.

At this point, while valid metrics, they don’t say a whole lot.

Edit: previous playing time is also a metric regardless of how he may have improved. That part we don’t really have a metric for.

I was at the game and couldn't spot Henry on the sideline and the blue medical tent was up.... I thought for sure he was in the tent, but when I re-watched the game on TV their was no mention of it.

The OL is the problem and especially both OTs... Dillard takes such a deep set and then gets pushed into the pocket right away and Hubbard isn't much better...Tanny doesn't trust them and it shows with his decision making and footwork.

I blame the coaching staff though.... if you know that you have a weakness then you need to try and do something to prevent it from being such a weakness. I didn't see one time where we actually called a pass play and gave Dillard help with a TE or a RB chipping on his guy.

I still want to go with 6OL to have a power run look and then max protection at the same time.

Coaches decisions are a metric. They chose to sign a guy off the street last year to start over Willis and again, they chose to keep Levis deactivated vs willis.

At this point, while valid metrics, they don’t say a whole lot.

Edit: previous playing time is also a metric regardless of how he may have improved. That part we don’t really have a metric for.

All kinds of reasons Levis could have been #3. It’s not just he isn’t any good. He had the most raw talent and upside of any QB on the team. No one can dispute that.

All kinds of reasons Levis could have been #3. It’s not just he isn’t any good. He had the most raw talent and upside of any QB on the team. No one can dispute that.
I agree on lack of metrics for levis outside of coaches decision. That’s all we have and even that can be questionable based on other decisions.

honestly I agree with the potential for Levis. Strong arm gunslinger may mean a lot of picks, but I can’t recall a QB like that in TN outside of Collins. I’m all for giving the opportunity when the season is sunk. for now, THill remains the best QB for a chance to win despite the awful game.

I think the mayo and coffee thing got some folks on here triggered. How can anyone say Levis is this or that when he hasn't played lol what is that. I guess we have to wait for Vrabel so get sick of Tanny running from Casper out on the field to see a change. We all know Vrabel isn't high on Willis so there's that. As someone mentioned before, Willis got all the snaps preseason and is #2 right now in hopes someone will trade for him. Willis was a Jrob pick.

levis was 'injured' - LOL

and willis put up film already and T17s film bigly better

I was at the game and couldn't spot Henry on the sideline and the blue medical tent was up.... I thought for sure he was in the tent, but when I re-watched the game on TV their was no mention of it.

The OL is the problem and especially both OTs... Dillard takes such a deep set and then gets pushed into the pocket right away and Hubbard isn't much better...Tanny doesn't trust them and it shows with his decision making and footwork.

I blame the coaching staff though.... if you know that you have a weakness then you need to try and do something to prevent it from being such a weakness. I didn't see one time where we actually called a pass play and gave Dillard help with a TE or a RB chipping on his guy.

I still want to go with 6OL to have a power run look and then max protection at the same time.
radio did not say anything about DH22 going into tent... 100% would have. Titans have a sideline reporter & that seems to be their job while game is ongoing

What the hell are you talking about? I saw Willis get replaced last year by a scrub in a must win to get in game! The fact that Levis is behind the scrub squirrel tells me everything I need to know. Get outta here with no metrics BS. If they were a better option than Tammy, one of em would be playing. How is that for metrics?

What the hell are you talking about? I saw Willis get replaced last year by a scrub in a must win to get in game! The fact that Levis is behind the scrub squirrel tells me everything I need to know. Get outta here with no metrics BS. If they were a better option than Tammy, one of em would be playing. How is that for metrics?
There is nothing else to eat but poop there is no better option so we have to eat it.

That's how bad this sounds.I would rather die of hunger then keep eating crap every game in order to survive.

Yet they kept Willis over Dobbs...Levis was drafted to compete with Willis when Tannehill is gone

Silly

Yet they kept Willis over Dobbs...Levis was drafted to compete with Willis when Tannehill is gone

They drafted Willis because some idiot scouts were saying he was 1st round potential and he dropped all the way down to the 3rd and Vrabel thought he was getting a steal (similar to the steals he thinks he gets from injured players).

They drafted Levis because the same idiot scouts projected him as a 1st rounder and he dropped down to the 2nd and knowing their last qb pick was a complete and total failure, Ran wanted to make his mark by drafting QB, even if the QB he drafted is a bad NFL QB.

Now we have 1 qb getting paid way too much for his production, and 2 qbs who have no business on the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back