Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, we don’t have a wide body replacement, but he moves in and out and plays the run well too. I believe we are getting more from him than we did in Daquan.

Agree with you there. But they are just 2 different players. Daquan is 322 lbs. Autry is 285. Jones played more of a NT role for us since Austin Johnson left the team.

Tart seemed to do a pretty good job in that role last year too. Would be interesting to see if he can continue to develop.

Agree with you there. But they are just 2 different players. Daquan is 322 lbs. Autry is 285. Jones played more of a NT role for us since Austin Johnson left the team.

Tart seemed to do a pretty good job in that role last year too. Would be interesting to see if he can continue to develop.

I completely forgot about Tart. He looked really powerful and intriguing in limited play last year. Coaches supposedly loved him. He could definitely be the plan for replacing Daquan.

I keep forgetting about Tart. He’s a wide body with some promise. We will definitely be more versatile this season. I may like the Autry signing more than the Dupree signing.

That is a ton of money to commit to someone who tore his ACL in December and who Steelers fans called a bust until he finally produced big numbers in a contract year (two of them in a row thanks to the franchise tag).

I dunno about this one. Worries me a bit.

That is a ton of money to commit to someone who tore his ACL in December and who Steelers fans called a bust until he finally produced big numbers in a contract year (two of them in a row thanks to the franchise tag).

We were all b*tching (myself included) JRob wasn't doing anything or talking about his mistakes last year....well, he did something

Is there risk? Of course, there is risk with any FA signing

By the Numbers: New Titans EDGE Bud Dupree

And not to mention he had Watt opening up holes at the end as well. Huge risk but a risk they needed to take. Back to back playoff losses to mobile QBs - JRob had to swing for the fences but that torn ACL is in the back of all our minds.

I keep forgetting about Tart. He’s a wide body with some promise. We will definitely be more versatile this season. I may like the Autry signing more than the Dupree signing.

Yeah I’m luke warm on Bud. I think he’s super athletic and disruptive but just not sure he’s gonna put up monster sack numbers here. I guess we will see. But he will help take attention away from Landry and Simmons.

I know he’s kind of a name we don’t like around here but Bud reminds me a lot of Clowney. Super athletic, fast, strong, and disruptive. Maybe he will be what we thought Clowney would be for us.

If we could get clowney on the cheap, I'd be on board with it...1 year 3.5 mil

I'd be fine bringing him back on the cheap...I love the idea of having Landry, Autry, Clowney and Dupree as 3rd and long pass rush unit. I'd even be willing to put a 5mil incentive if he gets 10 sacks.

We’ve only committed $35Mil to him, the rest is for show.

I'd be fine bringing him back on the cheap...I love the idea of having Landry, Autry, Clowney and Dupree as 3rd and long pass rush unit. I'd even be willing to put a 5mil incentive if he gets 10 sacks.

It looks like we're going to be moving on from Daquan so him on the opposite end of Autry with Simmons in the middle would be fierce. However I know some team will overpay for him...maybe the Jets.

I don’t think anyone signs him until he is cleared medically next month. His injury history is too risky to take on otherwise.

I don't love how often he tries to speed rush around the outside. I remember Jason babin loved this move and we used to get burned on the run because of it. Clowney was guilty also
Admittedly I am not a student of Dupree and his skill set, but the scouting reports say he has various moves to get the rush on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back