Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Campbell was a giant cornerback with 4.2 speed and a hard luck story. What's not to like about THAT part. Plus we were really bad at the time, so you have to grasp at something. It just turns out that he wasn't good at football.

It makes more sense to me as a fan to be excited about some bum than it does to be one of these miserable people that hates every decision down to individual plays. Those people need to go find something they enjoy.

Nothing wrong with being excited or hopeful for a guy. I was cheering for him too. Just like I cheered for Tre McBride and Jonnu Smith.

But the reality is all 3 of those players were not as good as some fans thought.

Jonnu’s numbers are very pedestrian for a TE. The man has never eclipsed 500 yards or 50 catches. Yet he is viewed as this great TE. He is pretty average, and there’s nothing wrong with that. I just don’t understand the love affair for him.

Campbell went on to have a decent time in the CFL...sometimes they just need to find the right fit or situation

I don't mind taking chances in the later rounds but missing in rounds 1-3 hurts

Calling someone overrated or overhyped doesn’t mean they are a bad player or person. Again, I root for anyone in the two tone blue and hope they all become the best player in the league at their position.

But the amount of hype Jonnu Smith gets for a very average amount of production is wild to me. Tommie Campbell certainly never got the hype Jonnu does and neither did Tre.

Campbell was a giant cornerback with 4.2 speed and a hard luck story. What's not to like about THAT part. Plus we were really bad at the time, so you have to grasp at something. It just turns out that he wasn't good at football.

It makes more sense to me as a fan to be excited about some bum than it does to be one of these miserable people that hates every decision down to individual plays. Those people need to go find something they enjoy.

To be fair, those people likely enjoy winning it all. Which fans of this franchise have not ever experienced. So I give the
hyper-gripers a pass on that. I thought we had the best chance ever this past season. Then PBS Tannehill did the one thing you can't do.

Nothing wrong with being excited or hopeful for a guy. I was cheering for him too. Just like I cheered for Tre McBride and Jonnu Smith.

But the reality is all 3 of those players were not as good as some fans thought.

Jonnu’s numbers are very pedestrian for a TE. The man has never eclipsed 500 yards or 50 catches. Yet he is viewed as this great TE. He is pretty average, and there’s nothing wrong with that. I just don’t understand the love affair for him.
I think it’s because he came up with some big catches periodically and that’s what sticks in people’s minds.

Sure but so did Corey Davis and it’s a vastly different opinion on him lol
Davis actually had some decent numbers. His injuries definitely hampered his potential, but there were games when Brown disappeared and Davis led the way. But, people remember what they want to remember and the big catches with Jonnu are what stick - rightly or wrongly.

Davis actually had some decent numbers. His injuries definitely hampered his potential, but there were games when Brown disappeared and Davis led the way. But, people remember what they want to remember and the big catches with Jonnu are what stick - rightly or wrongly.

Exactly why I think he’s the most overrated player in our franchise history. Not nearly as good as people think.

Calling someone overrated or overhyped doesn’t mean they are a bad player or person. Again, I root for anyone in the two tone blue and hope they all become the best player in the league at their position.

But the amount of hype Jonnu Smith gets for a very average amount of production is wild to me. Tommie Campbell certainly never got the hype Jonnu does and neither did Tre.

I think Jonnu's hype was more about his potential. He flashed some nice receiving skills and run after the catch abilities. He was supposed to be the next Delanie Walker...but after Walker the offense kind of moved away from force feeding the TE (thankfully).

Realistically, a TE doesn't have to have 1k yards and 10 TDs to be considered good either.

I think Jonnu's hype was more about his potential. He flashed some nice receiving skills and run after the catch abilities. He was supposed to be the next Delanie Walker...but after Walker the offense kind of moved away from force feeding the TE (thankfully).

Realistically, a TE doesn't have to have 1k yards and 10 TDs to be considered good either.

Yeah, again, I’m not saying Jonnu isn’t good. He is. But he’s incredibly overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back