Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. I don't use "elite" for a season. Great, the best, one of the best, record breaking, etc. Not elite.
You're too picky. You can have an elite season or an elite play. Whether you disagree if someone is an elite player or they've had an elite career, you can say, they are playing at an elite level. They are putting up elite numbers. CJ was a great running back that put up a couple of elite seasons.

You're too picky. You can have an elite season or an elite play. Whether you disagree if someone is an elite player or they've had an elite career, you can say, they are playing at an elite level. They are putting up elite numbers. CJ was a great running back that put up a couple of elite seasons.
Maybe I am, but that's the point of having a word like "elite". It's reserved for actual Elites.

Henry / Cook
1532 / 1352
+147 / +132
1679 / 1484

Expanded the lead to 195 with 2 games to go. Rushing title looking extremely well.

2K race, with 147 he was short of the needed YPG for the last 3 BUT he's 321 shy of the mark. GB can be rushed on and we know he put up a 200+ earlier on Houston so it's not entirely out of the question yet.
He need 161 YPG over the next 2.

With 15 rushing TDs he is now only 3 away from tying the franchise record (18) with Earl Campbell.
He tied the Titans record set by Lendale White at 15.

Edited with correct Cook yds.
Week 16 update

Henry / Cook
1679 / 1484
+ 98 / + 73
1777 / 1557

The lead grows bigger with 1 week left and a 220 yard lead. I think the rushing title is in the bag but unfortunately the GB catastrophe seriously put a damper on the possibility at 2K.
If it matters, BDH did run for over 200 last time against Houston and the year Jamal Lewis broke 2K, over 500 yds came against the Browns.

223 is a very big game and I would love him to get a 4 TD game as well to break Earl's single season TD mark too, but both are asking a lot.

Week 16 update

Henry / Cook
1679 / 1484
+ 98 / + 73
1777 / 1557

The lead grows bigger with 1 week left and a 220 yard lead. I think the rushing title is in the bag but unfortunately the GB catastrophe seriously put a damper on the possibility at 2K.
If it matters, BDH did run for over 200 last time against Houston and the year Jamal Lewis broke 2K, over 500 yds came against the Browns.

223 is a very big game and I would love him to get a 4 TD game as well to break Earl's single season TD mark too, but both are asking a lot.

it won’t happen because Vrable would pull him before he reached the mark.

Hell, I’m kinda pissed Henry didn’t get to go back out and get his 2 yards for the 100 yard away streak.

it was like last week, Henry could have made up more yardage but he got shut down by the coaches in the 4th.

I am all for protecting a player, especially when it comes to just getting a few more stats... But.. when you have a player that can possibly go down in history, you just have to let them do it.

Ask 1000 non-Titan fans if they remember the season CJ got 2k yards.

Then ask them what our record was that season, if we made the playoffs, if we did how far we went.. of course not only will no one remember, but they wont care.

Top 5 offensive grades for Titans , per @PFF (at least 15 snaps):
-N. Davis (77.7)
-AJ Brown (77.3)
-Henry (72.8)
-B. Jones (72.1)
-J. Smith (70.9)
-Tannnehill was 48.5, 2nd-lowest of yr.

Only one Titans defender earned @PFF grade over 70.0, and that was was Byard at 75.2.
5 players, meanwhile, graded out below 50.0:
-Tart (49.8)
-Crawford (46.8)
-King (44.7)
-A. Jackson (41.7)
-D. Jones (39.7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back