Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tannehill will be paid well in FA...Titans aren’t getting any kind of discount simply over this Brady nonsense. While I question if he is due the kind of payday that is being thrown around...someone like the Pats, Raiders or who knows maybe the Colts will pay him.

Imagine the Pats getting him and us miscalculating and missing out on Brady.

That would suck big time.

Tannehill will be paid well in FA...Titans aren’t getting any kind of discount simply over this Brady nonsense. While I question if he is due the kind of payday that is being thrown around...someone like the Pats, Raiders or who knows maybe the Colts will pay him.

Imagine the Pats getting him and us miscalculating and missing out on Brady.

That would suck big time.

the Patriots played him twice a year and had no interest in him then I doubt they do now.

This whole thing has me very impressed with JRob and Vrabel. I think they are playing the game perfectly. Perceived interest in Brady may get us a discounted Tannehill and allow them to make this team even better.

I doubt we get much of a discount unless he just really wants to be in Nashville. I think the interest in Brady is legit given the ties. But if we really wanted Brady, the better scenario to me seems to be to tag Tanne, sign Brady, then trade Tanne to someone for a late 1st or early 2nd round pick.

I doubt we get much of a discount unless he just really wants to be in Nashville. I think the interest in Brady is legit given the ties. But if we really wanted Brady, the better scenario to me seems to be to tag Tanne, sign Brady, then trade Tanne to someone for a late 1st or early 2nd round pick.
Tanny isnt getting us a 1st

Nobody is paying an early pick for Tannehill on a 1 year 27m deal.

Tanny isnt getting us a 1st

Bradford got a 1st rounder. Bridgewater got a 3rd after not playing for 2 years. Cassel brought back a 2nd rounder. Jimmy G netted a 2nd rounder. Palmer netted a 1st and 2nd rounder. Alex Smith brought back a starting CB and a 3rd round pick.

I think you underestimate the value of a starting caliber QB. Tanne would be a hot commodity on the trade market.

I don't see any situation where the Titans let Tannehill go. He either agrees to a deal or is tagged. Now, whether he is tagged and traded or whatever remains to be seen.

It'll be an interesting next couple of weeks.

Bradford got a 1st rounder. Bridgewater got a 3rd after not playing for 2 years. Cassel brought back a 2nd rounder. Jimmy G netted a 2nd rounder. Palmer netted a 1st and 2nd rounder. Alex Smith brought back a starting CB and a 3rd round pick.

I think you underestimate the value of a starting caliber QB. Tanne would be a hot commodity on the trade market.

How many of those QB’s were 32 when they were traded?

Palmer is prob the only one who was close to that age.

Eagles tried to trade Foles for draft picks and couldn’t do it. Redskins tried to trade Cousins and couldn’t. It’s not as common as you make it seem especially considering they’ll have to pay him $27 million this year and sign him long term. Jimmy G was on a rookie deal for a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many of those QB’s were 32 when they were traded?

Palmer is prob the only one who was close to that age.

Eagles tried to trade Foles for draft picks and couldn’t do it. Redskins tried to trade Cousins and couldn’t. It’s not as common as you make it seem especially considering they’ll have to pay him $27 million this year and sign him long term. Jimmy G was on a rookie deal for a year.
Are you arguing for a 43 year old Brady?

I think the Titans can win with ether guy. I like Tannehill and think he will continue to be successful here (although not as successful as this year). He comes with a lot of risk though. If he wants top 5 QB money and wants a bunch of it guaranteed I would be really hesitant to shell that out. Especially when you can get Brady on a much shorter deal with less guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back