Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but how does that comment in anyway say Tannehill didn’t carry the Titans?
I must have misunderstood the previous post as a slight to THill when saying he deserves what Foles got.
I disagree with that statement, I think THill is better except hasn’t had the same situation Foles did to win a SB.
I saw the need to remind everyone Foles sucks.

Ah yes my mistake. However, doesn’t really change the point. Eagles don’t win that SB without him and he got them into the playoffs the next year when Carson went down.

Again, if Tannehill gets credit so does Foles.
I think that’s arguable. As I said, the team was 11-2 before Foles. How many QBs can join that kind of team and maybe put a couple games together?
I agree he did it on the big stage, but even that’s not the first of its kind.

I must have misunderstood the previous post as a slight to THill when saying he deserves what Foles got.
I disagree with that statement, I think THill is better except hasn’t had the same situation Foles did to win a SB.
I saw the need to remind everyone Foles sucks.

Yes, Tannehill is better than Foles. However, they’ve had fairly similar careers to this point. With the recent resurgence of Foles and the Eagles offense I can easily see his market being pegged around where Nick Foles deal was. Foles got $22 million per year and I think Tannehill gets more but not much more.

Tannehill is not a $30 million a year QB in my opinion and he will certainly regress from the year he had this year. Doesn’t mean he will suck but that level of play is not sustainable.

I think that’s arguable. As I said, the team was 11-2 before Foles. How many QBs can join that kind of team and maybe put a couple games together?
I agree he did it on the big stage, but even that’s not the first of its kind.

But then he turned around and almost did it again the next year lol

Nick Foles has “chemistry” with the Eagles and that system. Much like Tannehill and the Titans. 100% Foles has outplayed Wentz in Philly...maybe not statistically, but he has. Legit took them to and helped win a super bowl with a huge game, AND turned around and almost did it again bringing a team back from the dead. For whatever reason, he works there. Ryan Tannehill should be kept imo....The Dude balled out, and QB prices will just continue to climb anyway.

I think we are just using Brady as leverage in the Tannehill negotiations. I'd rather have Tanny for 2 years than Brady.

Hope (and think) we keep Tannehill and Henry on tags or deals with outs after 2 years on both in case they regress.

People with short term memories saying 'Tanny relied on Henry etc' are over simplifying things.

This whole thing has me very impressed with JRob and Vrabel. I think they are playing the game perfectly. Perceived interest in Brady may get us a discounted Tannehill and allow them to make this team even better.

This whole thing has me very impressed with JRob and Vrabel. I think they are playing the game perfectly. Perceived interest in Brady may get us a discounted Tannehill and allow them to make this team even better.
Think you may be right. No way we are going for an old legend at 43 years old over Tammy who is entering his prime NFL years. He's been in the game long enough to have his head catch up with his body.

How would perceived interest in Brady devalue Tannyhill?

Seems like it would make him more inclined to shop himself, which will likely do the opposite.

Here's the problem, exactly how does that work when JRob and Tanne have the same agent? Lol

Don’t think THill is dumb enough to sign a contract that has an out after 2yrs. No way Titans are getting AND eating their cake.

if there’s a 2 yr out, there would be some huge additional guarantees. Thill know THIS is the year he gets the one long huge contract he’s waited for. some team WILL pay it.

Don’t think THill is dumb enough to sign a contract that has an out after 2yrs. No way Titans are getting AND eating their cake.

if there’s a 2 yr out, there would be some huge additional guarantees. Thill know THIS is the year he gets the one long huge contract he’s waited for. some team WILL pay it.
It better be us....

Tannehill could get $60 million guaranteed and be gone after 2 years essentially. No way he gets more than $60 million guaranteed.

Tanne already got a 5-year deal with the Dolphins that was worth $100m, not sure on guarantees....

Here's the problem, exactly how does that work when JRob and Tanne have the same agent? Lol

I dont get it.

JRob deals with his agent regarding his contract as GM.

There's a conflict for the agent for sure, but its not like JRob in the normal course of business, tells his agent about negotiations with players on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back