Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I said there wasn’t much other options. Just pointing out his cap hit lol

Things might get tricky for us after this season because of it but it doesn’t mean I think it was a bad move

I know. I'm just saying that it technically doesn't matter who restructures. You're guaranteeing the same amount of extra money to someone over the next 2 years. It's either Tanne at 40 million or Lewan 25-30 million or something like that. Makes sense that it's Tanne because he's already guaranteed to be here the next 2 seasons at least and he's the least likely to regress significantly.

Come on man.. in his "rookie" contract, Julio broke 1k twice. One of those seasons was for 1500 yards..

Corey was close this past season, but he completely disappeared when it mattered.

To even consider Corey in the same universe as Julio is ridiculous.

Julio went for 1800 yards in year 5.

anyone in the world think Hammy Davis is going for 1800 yards now?

Julio will end next season with more yards than Davis, no doubt about it.

Didnt I read somewhere Hammy Davis is already injured this training camp?
The question is whether we'll throw the ball enough to realize the difference between the two, or if we'll be bottom 5 in pass attempts again and he'll essentially just be an improved Corey Davis rather than a 2nd WR with the same impact as AJ Brown. It's really going to be depressing if we see a bunch of heavy congested formations again with some mediocre TE2 on the field constantly.

We are not evaluating them as 22 year olds. One is 32 and the other is 26. What is so hard to understand about that?

One could have been retained without giving up draft picks. the other cost us a lot in draft capital.

You do not even understand the most basic elements involved here.

We're gonna get a 3rd round comp pick for Davis. Plus the 6th they gave us. We gave a late 2nd and a late 4th. I wouldn't say we gave "alot" of draft capital for a highly superior wide reciever. Not to mention, adding bud depree may have not been possible if we had resigned Corey for 10 million.

We are not evaluating them as 22 year olds. One is 32 and the other is 26. What is so hard to understand about that?

One could have been retained without giving up draft picks. the other cost us a lot in draft capital.

You do not even understand the most basic elements involved here.

26 year old Corey Davis doesn’t draw double coverage while 32 Julio Jones still does. Sure, Julio might only have a few years left, but Tannehill is 32 and Henry is 27 coming off 4 million carries. The trade for Julio is Super Bowl or bust within the next 2 years. Tannehill, Brown, Davis, and Henry still aren’t beating Mahomes, but Tannehill, Henry, Brown, and Julio just might.

26 year old Corey Davis doesn’t draw double coverage while 32 Julio Jones still does. Sure, Julio might only have a few years left, but Tannehill is 32 and Henry is 27 coming off 4 million carries. The trade for Julio is Super Bowl or bust within the next 2 years. Tannehill, Brown, Davis, and Henry still aren’t beating Mahomes, but Tannehill, Henry, Brown, and Julio just might.

This.

Signing Davis is a “stay good but not great for longer” call.

Julio was a “go for the throat” decision.

I think jrob made the right call.

His cap hit is higher than Russel and Mahomes. Not sure what you don’t understand. Cap hit affects cap space.

Hence why I didn’t say his AAV is higher than Mahomes and Wilson…

I do understand. They basically moved CAP hit from this year to the next two years. So what? It DOES NOT mean Tannehill is getting more money. A better question is if will hurt us when we have other guys to sign next year. So I guess Bud Dupree is a fantastic value at a $5 mil CAP hit. Or, maybe it doesn't mean much of anything as far as the guys value and is more about contract structure.

In fairness the difference between Davis and Jones, while I admit is significant, is not the only reason we might beat KC or can't beat them. My issue with this argument is that Davis would have cost as much on the CAP (a little less this year but as much or more the next two). So it isn't like we save money keeping Davis.

This.

Signing Davis is a “stay good but not great for longer” call.

Julio was a “go for the throat” decision.

I think jrob made the right call.

Davis signed a 3 year contract with the Jets so over that time span Julio might still be as good or better (than Davis) at a lower CAP hit. So the "longer" might not even apply.

The question is whether we'll throw the ball enough to realize the difference between the two, or if we'll be bottom 5 in pass attempts again and he'll essentially just be an improved Corey Davis rather than a 2nd WR with the same impact as AJ Brown. It's really going to be depressing if we see a bunch of heavy congested formations again with some mediocre TE2 on the field constantly.
I think it’s a bigger impact than just more passing targets. Even if Julio equals Corey’s targets, he is going to take defensive focus away from AJB and Henry more so than Corey ever did.

I do understand. They basically moved CAP hit from this year to the next two years. So what? It DOES NOT mean Tannehill is getting more money. A better question is if will hurt us when we have other guys to sign next year. So I guess Bud Dupree is a fantastic value at a $5 mil CAP hit. Or, maybe it doesn't mean much of anything as far as the guys value and is more about contract structure.

I never said he was getting more money…

Really? You said he was a top 5 paid QB. That was your point. You can argue that manipulating the CAP might come back to bite us but Tannehill is not getting paid top money.

It was factual information about his cap hit next season? I’m sorry it triggered you so much but it’s public information that anyone can look up.

That’s literally what I’m arguing! Hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:

One thing about all this cap hit argument, the cap is shooting back up again next year, with it expected to jump up again the year after. So just because it looks like we are close this year, we are in mych better shape next year.

Again it’s factual information. Look it up.

Notice how none of those quotes have anything about him being paid more than he was originally owed or his AAV being higher or whatever other nonsense you’re making up.

OK, whatever you say. Exact quote about Tannehill being paid top 5 money and instead of manning up and saying, hey, maybe you are saying "I am a little less than a full deck", and it is hey, I'll remove all doubt and prove I'm more than a little limited. Or maybe a "QB makes that much" doesn't mean what it means? Or Tanny will be paid "top 5 money in 2022"? Really? He barely makes the top 10. Whatever. You saw the CAP hit and thought that was what he was going to be paid and made a fool out of yourself and now want to backtrack. We forgive you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back