Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing about all this cap hit argument, the cap is shooting back up again next year, with it expected to jump up again the year after. So just because it looks like we are close this year, we are in mych better shape next year.

Not sure we are better because guys like Tannehill, Dupree and Autrey will count more and we have to consider re-signing Landry, Brown and replacing Reynolds. We will be around 200 mil next year on a 208 mil CAP.

This is it. Our SB push, mentality I guess this year is score more points than the other team and try and stop us.

Checklist:
WR 1&2 = Elite + future HOFer
QB = keeping up with the best in the league (check last 24 games stats)
RB = elite, future HOFer, best in the league
O line = got us a 2k yard rusher last year and 1k yard receiver and nearly a 2nd
TE = serviceable, but hey can't win em all

OK, whatever you say. Exact quote about Tannehill being paid top 5 money and instead of manning up and saying, hey, maybe you are saying "I am a little less than a full deck", and it is hey, I'll remove all doubt and prove I'm more than a little limited. Or maybe a "QB makes that much" doesn't mean what it means? Or Tanny will be paid "top 5 money in 2022"? Really? He barely makes the top 10. Whatever. You saw the CAP hit and thought that was what he was going to be paid and made a fool out of yourself and now want to backtrack. We forgive you.

I have not back tracked on anything. In fact, I posted the information to back up what I said.

Im gonna guess you read my post wrong and are simply too prideful to admit so. It happens, especially on the internet. But you can’t make up things that were never said to try and cover up for it lol that’s childish.

For those struggling with this concept. Public information available to all:

For those struggle with the concept of “total cash” that means actual money they will be paid in said year. For instance, Dak’s total cash in 2021 is $75 million. His cap hit isn’t though. His cap hit is $22.2 million.

Again, all public information @Soxcat

If you get a big signing bonus ($66 mil) you will get a bunch of "cash". Who doesn't know that? What does that have to do with anything?

I’m still pretty excited about it and I really don’t care about his money right now. once the Lombardi is brought to Nashville, I think overall people won’t care.

we've already been through cap hell.. with nothing to console us

get a ring and go through cap hell.. more manageable

Again it’s factual information. Look it up.

Notice how none of those quotes have anything about him being paid more than he was originally owed or his AAV being higher or whatever other nonsense you’re making up.

You claimed that Tannehill will be paid top 5 money in 2022. That is not accurate. His cap number might be top 5 but the actual money he gets will not be. The money that is going to his 2022 cap hit will actually be paid to him earlier than that, at least most of it.

So if you are saying his cap hit will be top 5 that might be true. If you are saying he will actually receive top 5 money, that is not accurate because much of that cap figure will be paid to him this year.

You claimed that Tannehill will be paid top 5 money in 2022. That is not accurate. His cap number might be top 5 but the actual money he gets will not be. The money that is going to his 2022 cap hit will actually be paid to him earlier than that, at least most of it.

So if you are saying his cap hit will be top 5 that might be true. If you are saying he will actually receive top 5 money, that is not accurate because much of that cap figure will be paid to him this year.

Wrong. He is top 5 in total cash in 2022 as well. I posted the screenshot showing this.

Carry on.

All I’ve learned from this thread is that Soxcat is bad at math.

Tannehill's base pay in 2022 is $29 mil. That is the cash he will be paid. Not rocket science (and didn't change). The only thing that changed with his restructure for 2022, as far as he is concerned, is it is now fully guaranteed for injury. What he is paid, and the CAP hit, are two separate issues and by re-structuring they simply transferred most of his base pay in 2021 to bonus so it could be averaged over the three years instead of hit all in this year. Ryan Tannehill

Now if another QB is not making as much base that doesn't mean they didn't get more in signing bonus which is reflected in the average per year. His average salary per year is $29.5.

Basically Tannehill is not getting any more money at all. All that happened basically is he got his 2021 check fronted to him instead of being paid on a weekly basis this year which pushed what would have been 2021 CAP more into 2022 and 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back